Favourite New Companion/Sidekick  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Which new companion/sidekick are you most looking forward to?

• Xoti AKA Peasant Girl turned Sickle-Wielding Priestess
    • Maia Rua AKA Eagle-Wielding Big Sister
    • Tekēhu AKA ??? Godlike Aumaua
    • Serafen AKA Pirate Orlan with Hand-Cannon
    • Ydwin AKA Bespectacled Pale Elf with Corpse Obsession
    • Radora AKA Drunken Mage Sea Captain
    • Bonteru AKA Explorer Dwarf with Passion for Poison
    • Rekke AKA Happy Fighter who Speaks Gibberish
    • The Sentient Weapon

I think Xoti suffers in polls like these from hailing from the country we've just spent hundreds of hours exploring and from coming across as a bit of an everywoman. Being human probably doesn't help.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being very popular once the game is released for those same reasons.

She's from Raedceras.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I think Xoti suffers in polls like these from hailing from the country we've just spent hundreds of hours exploring and from coming across as a bit of an everywoman. Being human probably doesn't help.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being very popular once the game is released for those same reasons.

She's from Raedceras.

Oops! It has been awhile since I read her announcement, and I'd forgotten she was from Raedceras rather than the Dyrwood. Still, I think that connection with some lore that people already know comes across as less instantly sexy than reading someone comes from a mostly mysterious place like The White that Wends or The Living Lands. The depth and history and potential for character interaction comes across later.

• Like 1

Yeah, out of the full companions Serafin, Maia, and Xoti are the most interesting to me (in that order), while Ydwin and Takehu are bottom and give off a special snowflake vibe to me.  Naturally this is just based on what little information we got at the moment.

It's Serafen, everyone's misspeling him for some reason.

Just show me the nearest sacrifice pool so I can throw Takehu inside. I blame HIM for no-dwarf policy to start with.

Ydwin is OK, imo.

Cause spelling it with a fin at the end makes him a shark!! ;)

I do feel sorry for Takehu at the moment though, he's the only full companion who is losing to a sidekick in the poll.  Granted, its the dwarf he is losing to, but he is also drawing level with gibberish speaking sidekick as well. 

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I do feel sorry for Takehu at the moment though, he's the only full companion who is losing to a sidekick in the poll.  Granted, its the dwarf he is losing to, but he is also drawing level with gibberish speaking sidekick as well. 

Shun the godlike aumaua, shun, shuuuunnnaaaaah!

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

All the companions are seems to be incredibly great, but I'm in love with Maia. Always had Kana along with me, so I hope my good relationships with him would influence on attitude of his sister towards me. Xoti also looks very impressive, but I have some sort of anxiety about Takehu .. As being a moon godlike I feel that we can come into a kind of rivalry with him. Well, I'm excited = )

I voted Xoti but there are quite a few I'm interested in.

Bonteru - because Dwarf (and I liked Sagani :p )

Ydwin - sounds interesting.  As for the goth comments - I wouldn't put too much stock in the concept art (remember Cadegund? First she was a good-looking, blond woman with boob-plate. Then she was a good-looking, blond woman with sensible plate.  Then she was Durance :blink:  )

Maia Rua - well, Kana's cooler sister sounds good - plus hawk companion.

Serafen - pistol-wielding, pirate Orlan - 'nuff said.

• Like 7

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

(remember Cadegund? First she was a good-looking, blond woman with boob-plate. Then she was a good-looking, blond woman with sensible plate.  Then she was Durance :blink:  )

It happens.  You go in to get your boobplate resized and come out with a full beard and the pox with a desire to burn heretics.  Had a cousin that happen to once.

• Like 13

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

I am hoping Maia Rua will be an interesting character and very tied to the main story. It's the first guaranteed in my party (after Edér). Serafen also looks cool.

For some reason I've grown to hate godlikes in general, so Takehu (it's been confirmed that's not how his name is spelled, but anyway) is definetly out of my first party.

The sidekicks (including Ydwin) are still a main concern for me. It is almost obvious they will just leave people wanting more... and that's not a good thing. If Ydwin gets incorporated as a full companion, I hope she blends well with the other 7 and doesn't end up feeling kinda like a last-thought-companion.

Out of the actual full companions?  Serafin and Maia tied, though probably a bit more for Serafin if I'm honest.  Including the sidekicks?  The dwarf man, stumpy love!  Least favourite?  Takehu, for some reason he just doesn't do anything for me, I kinda feel that he brings nothing to the table as a person.  Maybe once I get to learn more of him, but right now the pictures of him are actually off-putting and annoying for some reason.

Maybe someone from Obsidian will see this poll and talk some sense into Josh... everyone wants Ydwin, just cancel those 4 sidekicks, yes, they are somewhat cool but I'm quite sure that almost everyone would prefer a fully companion than 4 sidekicks...

Speak for yourself, many of us actually like those sidekick concepts and see it as the best chance we get for them.  Personally I would rather see them drop Ydwin and do the dwarf as the 8th companion instead but I'm sure you wouldn't like that. :p

I would like it! Just make that dwarf an animancer.

To be honest Pillars of Eternity really needs a good dwarf... Sagani was so... dull.

Edited by molotov.

Ydwin's pretty popular, apparently. I feel like she's speaking to people's imagination moreso than any of the other characters. I wonder that if we don't make it to 5 million, Obs will end up making her a full companion anyway, and the long stretch goal is just to drive last minute pledge hype.

• Like 3

Out of the actual full companions?  Serafin and Maia tied, though probably a bit more for Serafin if I'm honest.  Including the sidekicks?  The dwarf man, stumpy love!  Least favourite?  Takehu, for some reason he just doesn't do anything for me, I kinda feel that he brings nothing to the table as a person.  Maybe once I get to learn more of him, but right now the pictures of him are actually off-putting and annoying for some reason.

Maybe someone from Obsidian will see this poll and talk some sense into Josh... everyone wants Ydwin, just cancel those 4 sidekicks, yes, they are somewhat cool but I'm quite sure that almost everyone would prefer a fully companion than 4 sidekicks...

Speak for yourself, many of us actually like those sidekick concepts and see it as the best chance we get for them.  Personally I would rather see them drop Ydwin and do the dwarf as the 8th companion instead but I'm sure you wouldn't like that. :p

I would like it! Just make that dwarf an animancer.

To be honest Pillars of Eternity really needs a good dwarf... Sagani was so... dull.

That would be interesting actually, I like it!  Kinda feel like Galvino should have been a dwarf.

Ydwin's pretty popular, apparently. I feel like she's speaking to people's imagination moreso than any of the other characters. I wonder that if we don't make it to 5 million, Obs will end up making her a full companion anyway, and the long stretch goal is just to drive last minute pledge hype.

It is interesting indeed. It would be good to know what drives community.

Is it curiousity about Animancy?

Is that love for some swashbuckling duelist?

Pale Elf fanclub?

Kawai lust?

Or just everyone views her in the perfect state and got will get disappointed when she ends up in just one version.

We know so little about her, that she is full of hopes and dreams.

Feels a bit wrong to vote before we learn anything about the aumaua godlike companion, but so far Xoti is my favorite. I like how chill she looks in that art, and her common everywoman concept can actually be a good thing. I mean, look at Edér, he could be roughly described in a very similar manner, and he ended up being (almost) everyone's favorite. 

• Like 1

Feels a bit wrong to vote before we learn anything about the aumaua godlike companion, but so far Xoti is my favorite. I like how chill she looks in that art, and her common everywoman concept can actually be a good thing. I mean, look at Edér, he could be roughly described in a very similar manner, and he ended up being (almost) everyone's favorite. 

I don't think Eder is so much liked because of the manner he can be described, but rather because of how his quest and dialogue were written. It invoked sympathy, which the other characters rather lacked. But that's just my observation, might be wrong.

Personally, I usually dislike those characters with that normal regular guy concept. When I want to talk to regular people, I just leave my house.

And one done right, beyond just being a nice guy. Not boring, just pleasant to travel with. A hard sell, too easy to fall off the line into bland/boring, but they managed it.

• Like 1

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice