Favourite New Companion/Sidekick  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Which new companion/sidekick are you most looking forward to?

• Xoti AKA Peasant Girl turned Sickle-Wielding Priestess
    • Maia Rua AKA Eagle-Wielding Big Sister
    • Tekēhu AKA ??? Godlike Aumaua
    • Serafen AKA Pirate Orlan with Hand-Cannon
    • Ydwin AKA Bespectacled Pale Elf with Corpse Obsession
    • Radora AKA Drunken Mage Sea Captain
    • Bonteru AKA Explorer Dwarf with Passion for Poison
    • Rekke AKA Happy Fighter who Speaks Gibberish
    • The Sentient Weapon

Maybe someone from Obsidian will see this poll and talk some sense into Josh... everyone wants Ydwin, just cancel those 4 sidekicks, yes, they are somewhat cool but I'm quite sure that almost everyone would prefer a fully companion than 4 sidekicks...

• Like 1

Max Stirner.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A monk adventurer modeled on the guy on the left here.

richard-spencer-punchedited-650x402-1.jp

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I can't get over the feeling that the Ydwen stretch goal is Obsidian setting the price at which they'd be willing to abandon their principles and succumb to icky fanservice demands. 

I mean, really.  A nerdy, socially awkward, sexy goth-elf?  Seriously? 

• Like 12

I can't get over the feeling that the Ydwen stretch goal is Obsidian setting the price at which they'd be willing to abandon their principles and succumb to icky fanservice demands. 

*sigh*

She's not blatantly sexy, gothic or nerdy. I mean, she isn't a succubus in a black leather bikini. She just has glasses for Pete's sake.

And we don't know enough to judge her personality yet.

• Like 5

It was Obsidian that created her, not the community we just liked the idea.

I'm more interested in Ydwin than any of the other companions, because she is an original concept, she is an animancer, when was the last time you had an animancer companion? Never, because animancy is from the universe of Eora. Now... when was the last time you had a pirate companion? Or a ship captain as a companion? I guess you can find a game or two...

But if we go with your logic, Aloth is a huge anime character...

Edited by molotov.
  • Like 1

¿¿¿¿¿Goth?????? I dont see this part

Pale elf, obsessed with death.  A little on-the-nose, no?

Wearing seemingly black/muted clothes too.

Though again, being fair I think the animancy side to her could be pretty interesting. We'll have to see.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Maybe someone from Obsidian will see this poll and talk some sense into Josh... everyone wants Ydwin, just cancel those 4 sidekicks, yes, they are somewhat cool but I'm quite sure that almost everyone would prefer a fully companion than 4 sidekicks...

Canceling them won't make a bit of difference.  When it takes 6 weeks+ to write ONE companion, It's still very expensive to turn Ydwin into a full companion. That is why she so high.

Also, I voted for Rekke because I think he's potential to be a great companion if Obsidian's writes him correctly.

• Like 2

At this point everything has been done before. Imo she doesn't actually come across goth at all. Blue skin, okay. But she's dressed rather posh. Her affinity to corpses can be not to unlike Leonardo Da Vinci's fascination with studying the muscular form of human bodies. It all depends on how she's written.

• Like 1

Your conclusion is all pale elf animancers are goth..... Sorry guy but you suppose too much about this character.

And if Obsidian want fanservice Ydwin would be a SG of 4.25 or 4.5 mill

• Like 1

Is it confirmed that takehu is a moon godlike? I was under the impression that he has his own special godlike race like pallegina.

Not confirmed.

There is a possibility that he is a different type. In fact, the recent interview teases as much:

Will we have the chance to play as other Godlike characters? For example, a Hylean bird Godlike.

JS: We are not introducing any new Godlike, but Dimitri Berman is remodeling and retexturing the Godlike. If you saw the Fire Godlike in the trailer it's pretty incredible. I don't know if you saw Aarik's little parascope thing of the Death Godlike, they look insane. So, the Godlike that we have are getting overhauled, but we're not going to add new ones.

BN: Yeah, well, we're not adding any new playable.

JS: That...yeah, I guess that's true. Yeah, you're right. So...should I say anything more about that?

BN: If you want to. I kind of opened it up a little bit.

JS: A lot of people have talked about the companion that—so, Lindsey Laney did an illustration of the companions for the Relationship update, where they're all standing around a table, and one of the guys there is an Aumaua who we haven't talked about. He is Aumaua, but he's also a Godlike.

Edited by Heijoushin
  • Like 1