Favourite New Companion/Sidekick  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Which new companion/sidekick are you most looking forward to?

• Xoti AKA Peasant Girl turned Sickle-Wielding Priestess
    • Maia Rua AKA Eagle-Wielding Big Sister
    • Tekēhu AKA ??? Godlike Aumaua
    • Serafen AKA Pirate Orlan with Hand-Cannon
    • Ydwin AKA Bespectacled Pale Elf with Corpse Obsession
    • Radora AKA Drunken Mage Sea Captain
    • Bonteru AKA Explorer Dwarf with Passion for Poison
    • Rekke AKA Happy Fighter who Speaks Gibberish
    • The Sentient Weapon

With the reveal of the Ydwin, I think we've got a pretty good idea of who the PoE2 companions/sidekicks will be. 

So just for fun, who are you most looking forward to? Vote away.

PS Do we have a name for the Moon Godlike companion yet? I can't find it anywhere...

Edit: Added Takehu's name to poll.

Edit 2: Corrected Rekke on the poll. He's not a mute, he just speaks an incomprehenisble foreign language.

Edited by Heijoushin
  • Like 2

Ydwin is by far the most interesting to me. Why does she have to be the only one we may not get? :getlost:

Also really interested to meet Maia though, while Kana was probably one of the least interesting companions to me I do remember him talking about his cool sea captain sister so yeah. she seems cool, Also the moon godlike but we don't really know anything about him yet.

• Like 1

The concept of Serafin as a wild Orlans barbarian/cipher is intriguing when entering combat.

1) Discharge various firearms and build focus.

2) Use focus to demoralize and strike fear into foes.

3) Switch to dual wield melee weapons (with boots of speed)

4) Enter into berserk state and go to town.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well we don't really know much more about the companions besides character designs (for everyone except the sidekicks) and one-paragraph blurbs. But still, going off of that alone my favorites so far in order are:

1. Ydwin
2. Xoti
3. Maia Rua
4. Takehu
5. Serafin
6. The other three sidekicks are tied for 6th place because I don't care

Ydwin is by far the most interesting to me. Why does she have to be the only one we may not get? :getlost:

Also really interested to meet Maia though, while Kana was probably one of the least interesting companions to me I do remember him talking about his cool sea captain sister so yeah. she seems cool, Also the moon godlike but we don't really know anything about him yet.

Kana grew on me. I liked that he was scholarly. Always seemed like a level head. He might have been underdeveloped but his connection with the Endless Paths makes him all the more interesting. Considering both his interest in this mysterious place, and what we now know about it and it's place in relation to the main path.

• Like 1

Kana grew on me. I liked that he was scholarly. Always seemed like a level head. He might have been underdeveloped but his connection with the Endless Paths makes him all the more interesting. Considering both his interest in this mysterious place, and what we now know about it and it's place in relation to the main path.

Yeah i'm not saying I didn't like him. I just found the other characters more interesting (apart from Sagani).

The concept of Serafin as a wild Orlans barbarian/cipher is intriguing when entering combat.

That being said, the idea of a barbarian orlan just seems wrong to me. Does a tiny barbarian sound effective to you? (Am I a horrible person for stereotyping?)

By the false gods, Ydwin's everyone's favorite waifu isn't she.

Making this poll straight after her announcement may have given her an edge ;)

Edited by Heijoushin

As far as I'm concerned, Ydwin is the 8th pick in an 11 person draft.

This might be the reality. Even the strong premise, it doesn't mean it's contingent with what Obsidian plans to accomplish with the other earlier planned companions. But I'm sure they will do her justice regardless. PoE1 went through some companion iterations before we got the final roster.

That being said, the idea of a barbarian orlan just seems wrong to me. Does a tiny barbarian sound effective to you? (Am I a horrible person for stereotyping?)

Orlans (especially Wild Orlans) are known to be savages - literally. Like badgers they are stereotypically relentless.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

That being said, the idea of a barbarian orlan just seems wrong to me. Does a tiny barbarian sound effective to you? (Am I a horrible person for stereotyping?)Orlans (especially Wild Orlans) are known to be savages - literally. Like badgers they are stereotypically relentless.

I'm kind of imaging Ewoks from Star Wars taking out Imperial Stormtroopers now...

Edited by Heijoushin
  • Like 2

That being said, the idea of a barbarian orlan just seems wrong to me. Does a tiny barbarian sound effective to you? (Am I a horrible person for stereotyping?)Orlans (especially Wild Orlans) are known to be savages - literally. Like badgers they are stereotypically relentless.

I'm kind of imaging Ewoks from Star Wars taking out Imperial Stormtroopers now...

More like a rabid chihuahua and the mailman.

1. Ydwin

2. Takehu

3. Maia Rua

4. Serafin

5. Xoti

---

6. Bonteru

7. Rekke

8. Radora

I'm also considering classes a bit with this list. I'm not sure I'm a big ranger fan, but Maia just seems awesome. Plus I think her story will be fascinating. Curious if she and Takehu have a history.

I'm also considering classes a bit with this list. I'm not sure I'm a big ranger fan, but Maia just seems awesome. Plus I think her story will be fascinating. Curious if she and Takehu have a history.

An eagle is an interesting choice for an animal companion. Won't it be very fragile? Or perhaps only targetable with bows and arrows/ranged weapons?

too many nice, some of them we know very little. (takehu)

Rekke and Bonteru has some appeal of simple but clever. Xoti and Maia has some nice ideas. YdWin is full of hopes and dreams.

I think that considering how serious most of the companions are, Rekke may have good comedy value.

Yeah, I really like Maia's premise. I just wasn't all that into rangers as they were in PoE1. I actually re-rolled away from one into a cipher because I wasn't enjoying the early game with one. Then Sagani never really grew on me as a party member. Her story was alright, but I just felt I didn't really desire her class role as much as picking up say a druid or paladin.

Hoping I like rangers a bit more, or that multi-classing solves everything.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 1