Keeping or Reacquiring items from the first Game

I cant seem to find the post, but one of the dev posts seemed to imply that you would lose all of your stuff from the first game but that the were considering carrying over a limited number of items or weapons.

I became rather attached to some of my weapons in the first game, probably because it was possible to use a single weapon or weapon set for most of the game, do to the enchantment system. Now obviously many of these weapons would be unbalanced for the start of the game, being as we are starting back at level 1, rebalancing the soulbound weapons could be as easy as draining their levels and making releveling them difficult enough to prevent them from braking the game. The problem with this is it may take at least as much dev time for each soulbound item being carried over from the last game as it to make a new soulbound item.

An easier way to include items from the first game would be allow the player to hire some one to excavate the ruins of Cad nue and ship the things they find to the deadfire. this could provide a useful money sink in the mid to late game.

It would be neat if you loose your stash but keep everything on your back (with the addition of backer items from the first game.) Course this means you could lose stuff you weren't using, but it's a neat trade-off with narrative imperative.

It would be neat if you loose your stash but keep everything on your back (with the addition of backer items from the first game.) Course this means you could lose stuff you weren't using, but it's a neat trade-off with narrative imperative.

Problem, though: That means I'd have a full suit of end-game superior, legendary, and max-level soulbound gear on. Kinda game-breaking.

Problem, though: That means I'd have a full suit of end-game superior, legendary, and max-level soulbound gear on. Kinda game-breaking.

The twist is all of it is broken, and you can't use it until you have a run in with Eothas midway through the game. Hmm? Problem solved.

announcement: you can keep all your poe1 equipment, but only firearms, and only pistols, and only the disappointer, but only if it hasn't been improved.

HA! Good fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I presume there is some handwavy way all of our gear is gone. Maybe an evil wizard has captured us and stripped us of all our gear. That worked once.

I figured the reason would be that we were asleep or at dinner when eothas wakes up and all your stuff gets buried in the ruins well you run like hell

announcement: you can keep all your poe1 equipment, but only firearms, and only pistols, and only the disappointer, but only if it hasn't been improved.

HA! Good fun!

Perfect candidate for animancy. Please let it be the sentient weapon.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

HA! Good fun!

Kinda like the old ford add, you can have it in any coulur you want as long as it's black

hmmm. sounds like old buick actually.

clarification: part o' the original campaign were you could get the car in any color you wanted, "so long as it is black."

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

that would indeed be older.  

HA! Good Fun!

Let me just put it like this.

All three of the companions that are returning were in my party from the moment they became available, I did their quests, were in my party the whole time, and ended the game with them.

At least one of them I care about a whole lot less than Stormcaller.

HA! Good fun!

In fairness, if I were going to go for a Golden Pantaloons equivalent, the Disappointer is what I would choose. It's infamous enough that most fans probably know about it. Plus it's entertaining.