Bring back Cadegund to PoE2!

So the basic idea is to bring back Cadegund to Eora. She was cut in favour of Durance, who was great character, but he is no more a companion. She had very cool look and would be for me a very welcome addition to the game. She doesn't have to be a companion or a sidekick, but it would be very interesting to meet her as a NPC with some quest or maybe she could provide us with information about Magran or Durance's fate.

But of course if she was a sidekick I would be very happy :)

So what do you think?

post-169698-0-18688100-1487873130_thumb.png

• Like 7

The owls are not what they seem.

But of course if she was a sidekick I would be very happy :)

But seriously though, if Ydwin joins the party as the full companion there will be an empty slot for a female sidekick; which Obsidian stated in the latest update, they will fill up.

Cadegund confirmed?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

It wouldn't make as much sense to only have her as a sidekick as there would be so much potential to expand on her narrative as a priestess of Magran hunting the ressurected God her order helped snuff in the first place. Making her tangential to that would be a wasted opportunity.

But including her as an NPC representing her order on a parallel hunt could work.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It wouldn't make as much sense to only have her as a sidekick as there would be so much potential to expand on her narrative as a priestess of Magran hunting the ressurected God her order helped snuff in the first place. Making her tangential to that would be a wasted opportunity.

Let's say that you get the ending in which

Durance abandons Magran and dedicates himself to revenge

and Cadegund hunts him instead?

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

But including her as an NPC representing her order on a parallel hunt could work.

Josh said that sidekicks are suppose to be like Mazzy/Cernd when it comes to development, so they can still use that story with her as a sidekick.  Just simply give her banter when you encounter Eothas.  It wouldn't even require a personal quest.

Edited by Bill Gates' Son
  • Like 1

Billionaire, I get that, but it still would be a wasted opportunity if Cadegund doesn't have a full companion arc.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Would "Cadegund" make sense as an Aedyran/Dyrwoodan name?

Consider that when she was introduced in the first kickstarter, much of the setting (including the languages of Eora) hadn't been properly developed yet. Edér was still called Edair, and Zahua was still called Forton.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Josh said that sidekicks are suppose to be like Mazzy/Cernd when it comes to development, so they can still use that story with her as a sidekick.  Just simply give her banter when you encounter Eothas.  It wouldn't even require a personal quest.

Funny, but Mazzy was one of my favorite characters from BG2. She didn't feel that underdeveloped.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Funny, but Mazzy was one of my favorite characters from BG2. She didn't feel that underdeveloped.

And that's the cool thing about it.  I'm sure Obsidian can do the same thing with the rest of the sidekicks.