No! No, I shall never own a whip. Not a whip. Whips are for the master! WHIPS! TOMORROW! TOMORROW THE MASTER CHOKES ON HIS OWN WHIP!

Skaen? Is that you?

Former slave Orlan Cipher here. Always thought the gods were a bunch of ****, Thaos simply confirmed it. But if there's a one of them that makes a good point now and again, it's Skaen.

• Like 2

And it does 00.00 damage to any armor!

Yeeeaaaahhhh

fixed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'd rather see nets. Whips are pretty limited weapons against armored opponents.

​Wouldn't that be a trap?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Where's a Boeroer when you need one?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Probably rather go for a meteor hammer, as it could possibly still be useful against an armored opponent for more than just disarming and tripping, but animating it would be a pain.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'd be interested in having whips in the game if you could damage yourself or adjacent allies with the equivalent of critical failures and there were special animations and character barks tied to that. Otherwise, I'd be more interested in greater variation in flail models since they're a more credible threat against armor, but by that same token, maybe they can make a soulbound whip that's effectively a flail mechanics-wise. They've apparently done something similar with Xoti by treating her sickle as a hatchet.

Man! I was campaigning for whips since PoE1. I think I also opened a thread about whips here - during the first days or so.

I was actually planning to spend 750$ on a unique cat o'nine tails - but then the BIBs crew came around and I decided to put my money there. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

with few exceptions, the weapons not already in the game would be o' questionable battlefield viability.  remove lances and other mounted combat weapons. remove weapons only useful in actual squad formations.  we got almost all the real stuff already.

HA! Good Fun! 

I was actually planning to spend 750$ on a unique cat o'nine tails - but then the BIBs crew came around and I decided to put my money there. ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus