Jesus Obsidian, waiting until you have less than 3 days left of the campaign to announce 2 mil's worth of stretch goals?

There are at least $500k in investments that haven't been added to the total. They are till going through approval. So, it's more like $1 million (a little more than that). We are at $3.7 million if you add that $500k to the current total.

Even with the trend of the last two days being as big as the first two... I doubt we will hit $5 million in two days. I'm hoping to be surprised, but it's doubtful.

Keep in mind that they said that PayPal/Backer portal pledges will continue past the campaign end, and that they will add to the stretch goals as well. They also said that there is a cut off day for them adding to stretch goals, but didn't give a definitive date.

• Like 3

Don't a lot of succesful crowdfunding projects make about as much money the last few days as they do the first few? Grabbing extra publicity and excitement from large stretch goals might actually be a sound financial strategy rather than hating money. Plus, backer portal pledges are likely going to count towards the stretch goals.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how any of the other new stretch goals are interesting at all in the face of another full companion. :p

• Like 1

Pledges tend to come in fastest near the start and end of these crowd-funding campaigns:

dailychart.png

(source)

dailychart.png

(source)

So I suspect that Deadfire will actually reach some of those new stretchgoals.

Probably not the $5M one, but who knows... :)

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Don't a lot of succesful crowdfunding projects make about as much money the last few days as they do the first few? Grabbing extra publicity and excitement from large stretch goals might actually be a sound financial strategy rather than hating money. Plus, backer portal pledges are likely going to count towards the stretch goals.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how any of the other new stretch goals are interesting at all in the face of another full companion. :p

Yes but eventually this trend started to give way. PoE is probably a little bit different. I wouldn't expect nearly as much as we got in the first 2 days. I'd put us maybe right around 4.1-4.2 million on the optimistic side. The final 800k will probably have to come after the campaign. But this is all just guess work.

There will always be people willing to chip in another $30-60 a month later when their next paycheck comes. Tax return season anyone?

• Like 2

There will always be people willing to chip in another $30-60 a month later when their next paycheck comes.

Next month (March) I'll chip in $100 for the signed print via the backer portal. I have more add-ons I'm interested in, but they'll have to wait until April/May and I doubt stretch goals will extend that far :\

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

might not be appropriate to compare all crowdfunding.  compare to wasteland 3, also a fig campaign and sequel, makes more sense, eh?  wasteland 3 brought in half as much during last few days as it did during day 1.  still an impressive last minute acceleration, but not quite the same as kickstarters. as such, one would expect ~$500k 'tween now and the end o' the campaign.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

might not be appropriate to compare all crowdfunding. compare to wasteland 3, also a fig campaign and sequel, makes more sense, eh? wasteland 3 brought in half as much during last few days as it did during day 1. still an impressive last minute acceleration, but not quite the same as kickstarters. as such, one would expect ~$500k 'tween now and the end o' the campaign.

HA! Good Fun!

But how much of that was from pledges vs investments?

We already know that Obsidian has between $2 million and $2.25 million reserved as investments, so we should see roughly $460k to $680k coming in the next couple days.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Tides of Numenera gathered money looooong after the end of their campaign.

They were in pre-production. Pillars is in production already and it looks they want to hit that release date and not get released 1-1½ years later than promised as so many other crowdfunded game. 

Hate the living, love the dead.

Yes but eventually this trend started to give way. PoE is probably a little bit different. I wouldn't expect nearly as much as we got in the first 2 days. I'd put us maybe right around 4.1-4.2 million on the optimistic side. The final 800k will probably have to come after the campaign. But this is all just guess work.

There will always be people willing to chip in another $30-60 a month later when their next paycheck comes. Tax return season anyone?

And people like me on SSI who are just waiting until the beginning of the next month to be able to actually contribute!

...do you hate money, or what?

They've been infiltrated by Stalinists.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands