Vote on the ship of the Black Isle Bastards [Updated Poll]

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards' ship!  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What model or type should the ship of the Black Isle Bastards be based on? (for more information on the different types see the opening post below!)

• repurposed sea monster
    • Barque
    • Sloop
    • Brig
    • Brigantine
    • Canoe
    • Caravel
    • Junk (ship)
    • Pirogue
    • Schooner
    • Frigate
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What should the name of the ship be?

• The Black Bead
    • Scallywag's Remorse
    • The High Sea Harlot
    • The Haunted Harlot
    • Harbor-Bay Bitch
    • The Salty Mistress
    • The Heaving Harlot
    • Mother's Embrace
    • Ondra's Embrace
    • The Lady of Lament
    • The Mourning Mistress
    • Blackfire
    • The Black Death
    • In the game, the Black Isle Bastards should argue over how to name their ship
  3. 3. What should be the fate or role of the ship?

• Eothas destroyed the ship
    • The ship was destroyed for other reasons
    • Eothas has damaged the ship
    • The ship has been damaged for other reasons
    • The Black Isle Bastards' souls are bound to the ship
    • The ship captures souls (of anyone)
    • A soul inhabits the ship just as the Steward inhabited Caed Nua
    • The ship can be stolen by the player

I do wonder how many people chose "Junk" because they thought it's a ship made of junk.

Ichose it, because I knew, people whould do that, so it's the best way to prevent the repurposed sea monster, which I think is a fun a idea, but not for our purpose.

---

We're all doomed

Okay that is funny. But I do not take responsibility for that.

Guys, I expect you to read the opening posts before voting. The same goes for the thread where we collect the money for this cause.

And I also expect people to read very carefully and thoroughly the F.A.Q. in the opening post of that other thread BEFORE donating.

So please, be sure to read the opening posts completely!

That is my sincere request to you.

A lot of misunderstandings and false expectations can be avoided by that.

And if something is indeed left unclear in the opening posts, then let me know.

Luckily in the case of voting you can change your vote later on.

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

When I think of pirates, first I think of movies like pirates of the caribien.

But this is the wrong ocean, because deadfire is inspired by polynesia.

I was looking for something and foud this:

http://imgur.com/a/WajT4

(sorry its so small, but it was the image that fits my ideas most)

I do not know how this type of ship is called and my english regarding ships is not so good.

So we have:

- 2 wooden ships tied together

- 2 masts with a triangle sail each, maybe another sail from the first mast to the front of the ship

- A hut in the middle

Does that count as canoe?

Well, as I opted for a soul-inhabited ship, shouldn't it be named like Culture ships? E.g., Gunboat Diplomat or A Ship With A View.

Note that these two are only examples; they're both existing Culture ships. But I'm sure we can come up with something simiar that's fitting to the Deadfire setting.

Just make a ship out the shell of a giant terror squid and have all the Bastards bound to it, and have them call her the Salty Mistress because she's usually annoyed with them using her as a ship and purposefully gets them lost and/or in trouble. Set sail for X, Salty Mistress goes to Y. Black Isle Bastard's Island is only the Black Isle Bastard's Island because it's the Squids home and she eventually goes back there. Some magic probably keeps her from diving or some such, hence, annoyance, also they built a ship on her.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

I decided to change my vote for the last option. I think the fate of the ship should be to join the Watcher's fleet or possibly be a replacement for the Defiant. ;)

Edited by illathid

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Well, as I opted for a soul-inhabited ship, shouldn't it be named like Culture ships? E.g., Gunboat Diplomat or A Ship With A View.

Note that these two are only examples; they're both existing Culture ships. But I'm sure we can come up with something simiar that's fitting to the Deadfire setting.

This post is severely lacking in gravitas.

• Like 2

Updated the poll: the 3rd question has a new option: "The ship can be stolen by the player"

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

This post is severely lacking in gravitas.

You, Sir and/or Madam, win today's Internet. One might almost say I find your lack of gravitas disturbing. Sorry, I'll see myself out now...

Edited by Runeweaver

• 1 month later...

@Madscientist

Funny that you mention a kraken. Because I made a map of my personal vision of a Black Isle (note: it's just a fantasy map, it will not be the actual Black Isle). There is a place called "Kraken Bay" and I asked a friend to draw a kraken for that! And he just sent me his drawing, right a few minutes after you posted.

My old map:

BqJ6nLK.png

And here comes the kraken!

All credits for this kraken go to lolien on the Beamdog forum!

F3db1sz.jpg

So, here's the updated map:

73zfaRM.jpg

So yeah, Kraken Bay, has a new inhabitant and I strongly advise AGAINST swimming there, or sailing there...

Here it possible that map you totally appear on the BIBs ship, and when the Watcher asks about it, the captain is like 'oh. Yeah one of the boys drew that a while back. Out 'dream Island'. Didn't uh... Didn't work out in the end."

• Like 3

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company