WTF?! Spell from Deck3 is worse than spell from DeckB!

So, i finally bought The Hook Mountain Massacre. And as usual, i had gone to vault, to see new cards. And guess what i had seen? I had seen Scrying spell, which has EXACTLY the same effect as Augury spell, BUT much (MUCH!) worse checks for both acquiring and recharging it: Augury have checks Int/Wis/Arc/Div 6 to acquire and Arc/Div 8 checks for recharge, while Scrying have Int/Arc 10 or Wis/Div 12 to acquire and Arc/Div 12 to recharge. WTF?! Normally, in later decks spells are BETTER in their functionality (while, yes, they are harder to check), but here this spell have SAME functionality with worse checks.

IMHO it should be counted as bug, and Scrying should be modified to have either more cards checked, or to have additional modifier for checks (for cards, which are set aside)

There Are Many cards that Are better in lower levels, but in this case Scrying is superior.

It can be used to inspect any location, augury only works in your own location!

Another thing is that this game is based on real tabletop card game and all the card (well at least most) Are based on that so, if some card seems to be super bad, it is by because original card was designed to be so. So definitely not a bug.

Actually Obsidian has made some original Paizo cards different so that They suit better to the digital format.

http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventureCardGame/riseOfTheRunelords

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk

http://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/PZO6000-Rulebook.zip

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 2

So, i finally bought The Hook Mountain Massacre. And as usual, i had gone to vault, to see new cards. And guess what i had seen? I had seen Scrying spell, which has EXACTLY the same effect as Augury spell, BUT much (MUCH!) worse checks for both acquiring and recharging it: Augury have checks Int/Wis/Arc/Div 6 to acquire and Arc/Div 8 checks for recharge, while Scrying have Int/Arc 10 or Wis/Div 12 to acquire and Arc/Div 12 to recharge. WTF?! Normally, in later decks spells are BETTER in their functionality (while, yes, they are harder to check), but here this spell have SAME functionality with worse checks.

IMHO it should be counted as bug, and Scrying should be modified to have either more cards checked, or to have additional modifier for checks (for cards, which are set aside)

Take note that Augury allow you to look only at your current location while Scrying allow you to look at ANY location... which is a huge difference. One that justify higher checks...

• Like 1

Take note that Augury allow you to look only at your current location while Scrying allow you to look at ANY location... which is a huge difference. One that justify higher checks...

They are both amongst the very best spells in the game, but Scrying is significantly better.

• Like 1

They are both amongst the very best spells in the game, but Scrying is significantly better.

...unless you're playing a solo non-sorceror caster, in which case the reduced functionality is pro'lly an acceptable trade-off for the lower Recharge check Augury.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Ezren with his enhanced recharge actually keeps scry just fine. However, augury is easier to get and easier to recharge altogether. So, if you don't get a free or super easy recharge, augury is still a viable option. In terms of simply getting a look at any deck, scry is definitely superior. However, if it so happens that the deck you need to see is your own, there's no difference at all. At that point, if you go with one of the non-caster classes and decide to go caster, augury might be *just* possible to recharge. I'm thinking Harsk or... Meri? It's a bit late here, so I'm not sure if I'm recalling it all right.

There are some cards that aren't all that great. The one card that does force damage (always good) but damages everyone at your location isn't worth it to me. There are better spells that don't drain companions and there are a few locations where you will simply have all your characters at one location. Either because of movement restrictions or because there's only one location in the first place. Say at the final of some scenarios or the final scenario of deck six.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the spells. Some things like disintegrate don't get a bump from Ezren, but they serve as utility. Others, such as force damage spells, are great because no one is resistant to them.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

I remember the first time we found scrying in the paper game, and I think I actually had to put it side by side with augury and compare word for word before I figured out what the difference was.

It's way better though. It doesn't seem so at first, but I certainly find myself scrying distant locations quite often. Sure you could just move there, but you can't do that off-turn, and if you're scrying for the henchman's type (i.e. monster usually), which I do >95% of the time, and you can't close the location you want to scry then you might end up wasting your turn moving there.

And the downside, well there's a lot of characters who just don't care - Seoni auto-recharges, Ezren has +8 to recharge, Lini rarely fails anything, and Lem often doesn't even want to recharge it anyway (since it's good enough to want to swap for it repeatedly).

I agree with Longshot that it's pointless in solo mode, but that's not the normal way to play.

This game is legion with trash cards. There are downgrades and side-grades bursting from every adventure and expansion deck. And from their ranks, you pluck Scry—a serious contender for the best spell in the game—as the prime example?

I mean, I know other folks have already said it, but man. No. Just, no.