Performance, a backport and ?

Hi Obsidian, I try yet another request for the greater cause. Josh has said, in the twitch videos, the performance of the PoE Engine has improved quite a lot in the last months. So if it got so good, can you (naively thought) cherry pick the big improvements from your git onto the last PoE build and release a final final last version of PoE 1?

It would be so cool to have PoE 1 not melting all gamer PCs anymore!

5 year old laptop running linux. Doesn't melt mine either.

Thats likewise for me, but PoE hogs up 100% CPU and 100% GPU, regardless of game content, or running in background, or be not visible at all.

I think POE2 they've gone with Unity 5, whereas POE1 was Unity 4. 

Thats true, but i would expect that this change is not the sole origin of the performance improvement.

Hi Obsidian, I try yet another request for the greater cause. Josh has said, in the twitch videos, the performance of the PoE Engine has improved quite a lot in the last months. So if it got so good, can you (naively thought) cherry pick the big improvements from your git onto the last PoE build and release a final final last version of PoE 1?

It would be so cool to have PoE 1 not melting all gamer PCs anymore!

Feargus mentioned that they plan to "upgrade" Pillars 1 with all the improvements at some point.

Not anytime soon though.

• Like 1