Only Positive Vibes Here Duuude

I love sub-classing idea. Cant wait to see different class flavors. I think they have done a great job on stretch goals because lots of people are bummed they are not promising the sun and moon. So i like, that people are hating on the stretch goals. sorry couldn't help it the mild complaining - to outright rage doesn't bum me to much but i understand the sentiment. 

HFZa3k2.jpg

Edited by jnb0364
  • Like 1

Kana was my favorite companion from the first one. So sad when I learned he wasn't returning. But then I find out that I get to meet his sister! That's awesome -- actually deeper and better than just having Kana back! What a great developer decision.

Yes... i am super hyped for maia.

It fits better then bringing kana back.

Its the same but new.

Best of both worlds.

Like your wifes sister...mmmmmm

• Like 1

*Bathing in the positive vibes*

So excited for multi and subclasses.

Number of classes in PoE1: 11

Number of possible combinations in PoE2: Freakin' high.

That's going to add LOADS of replayable with unusual combinations.

On the companions side, I've got a good feeling about Xoti. The sickle looks wicked.

And just in general, I'm sure Obsidian has learned a lot from PoE1 and any points that were lacking before will be improved upon.

Great thread idea! Completely agree that it's important to give ourselves and the devs some positive vibes and love in between all the waves and waves of criticism. So to the devs, thank you for putting your hearts and souls into making Pillars 2 great: the archipelago setting, the subclasses, the multiclasses, the cleaner lighting, the dynamic weather, the relationship system, (the upgradeable boat/warship), the additional companions (aka sidekicks), the longer-cast-times-but-more-powerful spells, the engaging writing, the beautiful artwork, the improved skill system, our favorite companions returning, and all the little details that may go unnoticed by most but still make the game more engrossing and fun, all sound AMAZING!!! :D

Edited by Pel

On the companions side, I've got a good feeling about Xoti. The sickle looks wicked.

And just in general, I'm sure Obsidian has learned a lot from PoE1 and any points that were lacking before will be improved upon.

Im super duper excited for this too. We know that there are three subclasses per class. So that means 33 total, with the possibility of dual classing. This means that there are a total of 1089 combinations. However, if subclassing is optional, this raises the total to 44. Thus with multi-classing, the final total is.....1936! Wowzer!

• Like 1

Everything :p

In no particular order:

- Dynamic weather

- New/more/better animations

- Enhanced lighting with ambient occlusion

- Higher-poly models

- Parallax scrolling

- Lots of beautiful new art

- New soundtrack by Justin...

-...fully recorded by an orchestra

- Multiclassing

- Sub classes

- 20 levels to satisfy my powergaming cravings

- Xoti

- Allegra Clark voicing Xoti (because this MUST happen :p )

- Maia

- Companion relationships (except romantic love and/or sex)

- Neketaka

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Im super duper excited for this too. We know that there are three subclasses per class. So that means 33 total, with the possibility of dual classing. This means that there are a total of 1089 combinations. However, if subclassing is optional, this raises the total to 44. Thus with multi-classing, the final total is.....1936! Wowzer!

Not quite. 1936 = 44*44 so you've allowed for taking two subclasses from the same base class, which isn't allowed. The actual number is:

Single class possibilities = 9*4 + 2*5 = 46

Dual class possibilities = 36*16 + 18*20 + 25 = 961

Total = 1007

Still a huge number of possibilities. If you're wondering how I came up with the slightly odd looking calculations, it's because there are 5 subclasses for Priests and Paladins rather than four*. In the second calculation you've got 36 non-repeating pairs of classes (excluding Paladins and Priests), 18 non-repeating pairs including either a Paladin or a Priest but not both, and one pair with both Paladin and Priest in it. Each of these is multiplied by the number of possible subclass combinations.

*By four, I include the base class. According to what we've been told, Paladins and Priests have to take a subclass however, they can't remain vanilla.

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 2

I forgot to mention:

- NPC schedules based on day/night cycle and weather

- All The Small Things like lanterns held at eye level, dodging animations, wizards opening their grimoires to cast spells and flipping them close thereafter, scabbards, etc.

The small things really add up to a lot of immersion and coolness factor.

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

And Boeroer is going to make a build for every separate class combination. Right? Right?! :')

Apart from that, I'm very excited about the fact that the main city will be even bigger than Defiance Bay, and about its beautiful scenic backgrounds, allowing you to look down at its lower levels from up high.

Edited by gogocactus
  • Like 2