Obsidian, please come to your senses. (6 person vs lesser party)

Where do you read on the start page of the campaign that the group will only consist of 5 Members?

The other thread on this topic "Poll on preferred party size" was started on the 29th of January, less than a week after the Fig campaign began. I knew of the decision to reduce party size from 6 to 5 before that thread was started. From this I can conclude that the information was out there and hardly hard to find.

I quote myself:

I had to work longer, at work.

Not everyone hanging around here in the forum, like an unemployed.

• Like 1

Fair enough, but there are a lot of hours in the day, and it was right there in the original pitch.  Also there are these things called days off.  I am on one of them now.

Classy.

Here's a tip for the future: don't jump into a crowdfunding project at the start, particularly if you're not going to be able to keep an eye on it's progress throughout. Wait till towards the end before backing (it's what I'm doing with Deadfire).

Classy.

Here's a tip for the future: don't jump into a crowdfunding project at the start, particularly if you're not going to be able to keep an eye on it's progress throughout. Wait till towards the end before backing (it's what I'm doing with Deadfire).

Save your arrogant tips.

I followed all the big campaigns on kickstarter, from the first to the last day.

Life changes and then you hardly have time. Three years have passed?

As in Exile, no clear and direct communication. No information on the Mainpage of the fig campaign side. This deliberate concealment.

What's exile? What's concealed? What on Earth are you talking about?

Did you play a different PoE by accident?

A month before the release, players find out that the Italian translation has been deleted. And companions removed. And other things are not in the game. But hey, then there was a message from Exile.

As if you could not tell before the game is released.

In the Torment campaign, the question arose about what a combat system should have the game. It was clear from the outset that it will be rounded. But if it had been communicated before, there would have been less money.

If I recall correctly, the people at inXile actually made a backer poll asking whether they preferred RTP or turn-based, and the latter won out. If so it's what the backers voted for.

This aside, though, is a smaller party size really as big a component of the game as the style of gameplay? Is it even all that relevant to as to make it blatantly clear in the campaign's presentation? I reckon the latter consideration played in the devs' mind a lot more as to what to show and talk about in their campaign than whether people would not pledge if, Heavens forbid, we had a maximum party size of *five* instead of six.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

They did make a poll:

"... the final tally is: 7,267 TB, 7,052 RTwP and 782 Indifferent. With the vote at 48% to 47%, and with those who voted “indifferent” being more than triple the difference between the TB and RTwP camps, it is essentially a draw."

(TToN Kickstarter Update)

So... "it's what the backers voted for" is a bit misleading. ;)

• Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Where do you read on the start page of the campaign that the group will only consist of 5 Members?

The other thread on this topic "Poll on preferred party size" was started on the 29th of January, less than a week after the Fig campaign began. I knew of the decision to reduce party size from 6 to 5 before that thread was started. From this I can conclude that the information was out there and hardly hard to find.

I quote myself:

I had to work longer, at work.

It's not their fault you failed to inform yourself before making a purchase.

• Like 2