Hey guys! I got troubles when I fight concehault. Problem is he has too many mobs in front of him and too high magic dmg. He kills my back line of 3 casters so easily [Aloth+ Gr Mother + Durance] and ... I do not know what to do. I did buff myself. I did use AOE magic, nothing.......... I usually kill 2/3 of all the monsters but then all my heroes die. Or I go all dmg at him but I get swarmed

If you don't mind cheesing it a bit (and I didn't mind, after carving through all those mercenaries outside all bets were off), he's one of the easiest bosses in the game imo. Use a monk with Long Stride (or a paladin with Zealous Charge, or iirc you can do the same thing with a ranger's pet) and kite the enemies out in manageable chunks, or even one at a time. Boots of Speed are always handy for kiting, but I don't think they're absolutely required here. Then dogpile Concelhaut and chop him into sushi. Without his goons to play meatshield, he's nothing special, and should be down in seconds. No buffing/food/scrolls/needed, just a good old fashioned beat down, consistent and reliable, if cheesy.

If you're still having issues, I'm pretty sure he isn't immune to prone, so have your melee characters grab prone weapons like Tall Grass pike and the Hours of St. Rumbalt/Temaperacl greatswords, flank him, and beat him down.

Edited by hobbitmonk

I have found a pretty good way, works for me. At about level 14-16 go there, I find it too hard when lower. I have at this point about 6 or 7 figurines.

What I do is take out those floating eyes before opening his door - or they join in and attack you from behind. And then before going in I set traps just inside and outside the doorway.

I then set up my team, everyone on ranged weapons with the weaker guys at the back. I then send in someone with boots of speed to hit with their ranged weapon the closest enemy and then get the heck out of there back to the others. Whilst my boots-of-speed guy is legging it My priest casts buffs, and my druid too (returning storm etc). The wizard lays down a few walls - fire and pain?? along the wall (inside his room) by this point all his team are bottle necked at the door.

Then my team opens up with ranged weapons and a few figurines to keep the bottleneck holding, let the summons take the damage and my casters drop area affect spells and debuffs (like expose vulnerabilities or holy fire storms) on the other side of concelhaut's door along the wall where my magical walls are deployed. Keep casting summons with figurines and spells (or lurkers via moss) untill eventually they break through. Use buffs and heals to keep the summons around as long as possible.

Eventually they all go down and my front row figjtes/paladins/barbarians switch to hand-to.hand weapons - by this point concealhaut's team are down to just a few people then that just leaves concealhaut who has used loads of spells on my summons -  Circle of protection is useful I find to protect my party then as is weather the storm, firestag and call the primordials. Usually at this point he still has a few spells left and somekind of areaaffect spell wipes out half my party, but the tanks survive and maybe a caster. The fighters surround him, deprive the unworthy is useful here, sunlance etc.

It's like the adra dragon, once you have defeated him once it's pretty easy the next time.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer
  • Like 1

I usually keep everyone outside the door, throw a priest ward down right at the door (the one that knocks down is my favourite) and a trap little further in, send in someone just far enough for the longest range attack possible (the druid's Sunlance is a good one, or a rogue with Retreat and a good bow), then run back to the group, cast Pull of Eora or a wall spell or both just beyond the door (if you're high enough Wall of many colors is a great one). Then I clog the entrance with summoned creatures, switch everyone to range weapons and start shooting and spell casting. If Concehault is close enough I usually have someone with range and good interrupt stats keep him busy (hopefully whittling him down, too) and interrupted as much as possible. I hate his hammer spell (whatever it is called). Buff, buff, buff, debuff, debuff, debuff (my priest is usually pretty busy the whole time casting spells, scrolls help, too).

Usually by the time the Eora or wall spells and summoned help die off the enemy is few enough to take on more directly.

That's my tactic. I've never done well being in the room surrounded. I might hold off on this battle one time and try that at level 16 to see if I can hold my ground.

Joe

eta: Dang! Too slow.

Edited by JFutral
  • Like 1

I went in guns blazing at level 16, took a few tries but aoe spam eventually won at. Prep the scrolls of Res and Watchful Guardian. I try most fights this way for awhile until I determine it either wont work or just isn't worth the pain.  But he is definitely beatable just going in.  Party was Cipher, Barbarian, Mage, Priest, Fighter, Chanter.  That was basically my strategy, kill as many of them as I could while revive spamming and once I got it down to a manageable number and regained control of the fight with the front line it seemed I had weathered the storm.  Im not sure if NPCs like Concelhaut have limited spells, it seems they do though cause most of the truly outrageous stuff stopped coming out.