Here I edited some male godlike portraits based on original ones through compilation w/ other portraits and a little bit changed colors (so death godlikes don't look like slaves and fire one is just suitable for me because of breastplate). I used programm PhotoScape but I'm a complete zero with Photoshop. Will be very grateful if someone could watercolor these ones :bow:

7iS4r6QyoCg.jpgVwR8iC4QFeA.jpgzEMPboxGjUw.jpg

Alright, here are your little Frankenstein monsters:

jJxspkG.pngySeoRvk.png

fuDhe19.pnghkTaJNQ.png

yNDRxRg.pngM55Vmhg.png

• Like 3

Deadfire filter is horrible! Though original pics are great

Deadfire filter?  :rolleyes:  Lol, what is that? If you mean the watercolor portraits I do here then it's handwork for the most part. I make them as similar looking as a I can to the official watercolor portraits. But if you don't like them you can always take only the original portrait to use in dialogues and scripted interactions. They will stand out though, because all NPCs and companions use watercolor portraits in those instances.

Watercolor or whatever, they look like comics for 8 yo kids and that's compared to PoE 1 is terrible

Here I edited some male godlike portraits based on original ones through compilation w/ other portraits and a little bit changed colors (so death godlikes don't look like slaves and fire one is just suitable for me because of breastplate). I used programm PhotoScape but I'm a complete zero with Photoshop. Will be very grateful if someone could watercolor these ones :bow:

7iS4r6QyoCg.jpgVwR8iC4QFeA.jpgzEMPboxGjUw.jpg

Alright, here are your little Frankenstein monsters:

jJxspkG.pngySeoRvk.png

fuDhe19.pnghkTaJNQ.png

yNDRxRg.pngM55Vmhg.png

Amazing! Thank you  :wub:

Deadfire filter is horrible! Though original pics are great

Deadfire filter?  :rolleyes:  Lol, what is that? If you mean the watercolor portraits I do here then it's handwork for the most part. I make them as similar looking as a I can to the official watercolor portraits. But if you don't like them you can always take only the original portrait to use in dialogues and scripted interactions. They will stand out though, because all NPCs and companions use watercolor portraits in those instances.

Watercolor or whatever, they look like comics for 8 yo kids and that's compared to PoE 1 is terrible

Well, nothing to be done here. Devs wanted all important NPCs to have portraits for better immersion and there are dozens upon dozens of them now in the beta. Such huge amount of work was only feasible for them through low effort sketchy watercolor portraits.

• Like 4

Are you willing to redo some of the default portraits Arimintai? I ask because the filter results in the some wonky results for some portraits (the Pale Elf and Wood Elf female portraits that are based on the same model end up with their left eye looking really weird).

Are you willing to redo some of the default portraits Arimintai? I ask because the filter results in the some wonky results for some portraits (the Pale Elf and Wood Elf female portraits that are based on the same model end up with their left eye looking really weird).

You want me to do my watercolor version of the portraits that already have official watercolor portraits? I dunno, are they that bad?

You want me to do my watercolor version of the portraits that already have official watercolor portraits? I dunno, are they that bad?

If you don't want to that's absolutely fine. I'll live with them (or use others). They might well be changed for release anyway.

This may be redundant at this point (I don't know if anyone else has done it) but I figured I'd share my own edit of the revised Eder portrait from 4chan (a revision of a revision)...I think it came out well enough to post. The change is slight, but makes a big difference I think!

2RkFNvh.png

I adjusted it to have roughly the same(-ish) head shape as the original portrait, since I personally found the revised version to be a little....overly narrow? In any case, this looks much more "Eder" to me than the other two. But you are free to disagree of course!

• Like 5

Trt0EiP.pngEw10Apk.png

bt9nLYT.pngdMWOUUI.png

Hey everyone, I made some portraits for my Deadfire characters I aim to make (Priest of Eothas, Beckoner). One of them is a screenshot from Dragon Age Inquisition I edited a bit to make it look more like a drawing and the other is a sketch from vhagaren from Tumblr (http://vhagaren.tumblr.com/post/170420885024/adaryc-cendamyr-my-friends-favorite-character), that I edited a bit. I have been having a bunch of issues with cropping them for the game so they don't look stretched out and weird :p. Would anyone please help me out? 

Edit: Fixed the images lel

Edited by NocturnalTrance
  • Like 1

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

I thought this looked pretty badass. 

If she had pointy ears she'd make a great Pale Elf.

Honestly modding pointy ears onto her is probably easier to do then completing a good water color conversion.

Edited by Karkarov

Trt0EiP.pngEw10Apk.png

bt9nLYT.pngdMWOUUI.png

Hey everyone, I made some portraits for my Deadfire characters I aim to make (Priest of Eothas, Beckoner). One of them is a screenshot from Dragon Age Inquisition I edited a bit to make it look more like a drawing and the other is a sketch from vhagaren from Tumblr (http://vhagaren.tumblr.com/post/170420885024/adaryc-cendamyr-my-friends-favorite-character), that I edited a bit. I have been having a bunch of issues with cropping them for the game so they don't look stretched out and weird :p. Would anyone please help me out? 

Edit: Fixed the images lel

Seriously? It's very easy with any decent editor. But whatever, here:

6sfCd8o.pngzdASpvZ.png

e5mCcmm.pngwXLgu5t.png

5X94KoA.pngRAMEZnG.png

AqdLh5F.pngbNmL8o5.png

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

Honestly modding pointy ears onto her is probably easier to do then completing a good water color conversion.

Yea, ears are tough, but even more tough is proper pale elf grayish color without making it look like a zombie. If somebody wishes to do this "surgery" on the original portrait I can make a watercolor version out of that.

But as it is here's just a regular one:

DTKI0pW.pngCZHKipO.png

xyqCkd3.pngtFHLshY.png

G1IgSd3.jpg

ieXKMxu.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you Aramintai!!!! You are a sweetheart.

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

Yea, ears are tough, but even more tough is proper pale elf grayish color without making it look like a zombie. If somebody wishes to do this "surgery" on the original portrait I can make a watercolor version out of that.

But as it is here's just a regular one:

DTKI0pW.pngCZHKipO.png

xyqCkd3.pngtFHLshY.png

G1IgSd3.jpg

ieXKMxu.jpg

I thought he meant the other portrait?  That pic needs no modding at all, her ears clearly go under her hair so it is not clear if her ears are pointed or not.  She very well could be an elf trying to hide the fact.

I thought he meant the other portrait?  That pic needs no modding at all, her ears clearly go under her hair so it is not clear if her ears are pointed or not.  She very well could be an elf trying to hide the fact.

Ah, you're right. There was another portrait, didn't see it there. Still, I'm not gonna slap any fake pointy ears on that, I'm no artist. If somebody's willing to do that I'll make a watercolor version out of that.

As for the other pic - I very much doubt that big fat elf ears can be hidden under a simple hair lock. That's why I like my custom portrait with a hood - it's ambiguous. I can play as human or elf.

Ah, you're right. There was another portrait, didn't see it there. Still, I'm not gonna slap any fake pointy ears on that, I'm no artist. If somebody's willing to do that I'll make a watercolor version out of that.

As for the other pic - I very much doubt that big fat elf ears can be hidden under a simple hair lock. That's why I like my custom portrait with a hood - it's ambiguous. I can play as human or elf.

I don't know that hair bun looks pretty secure to me :p