Maybe they will add several alternate portrait for each companion, the majority stays the same but have several expression change, like an angry Aloth, an happy Aloth and sad Aloth, to use in different conversation.

Edited by jf8350143

Maybe they will add several alternate portrait for each companion, the majority stays the same but have several expression change, like an angry Aloth, an happy Aloth and sad Aloth, to use in different conversation.

That'd be cool but I somehow doubt it. Still, I think something spoilery is going on there.

That'd be cool but I somehow doubt it. Still, I think something spoilery is going on there.

Yeah they probably won't do that. However I do think it is possible that companions have different portraits which changes based on what happened in the game. For example during certain quest some of your companion might lose an eye, so in the rest of the game he/she will have an eye-patch on.

Yeah they probably won't do that. However I do think it is possible that companions have different portraits which changes based on what happened in the game. For example during certain quest some of your companion might lose an eye, so in the rest of the game he/she will have an eye-patch on.

Yea, that's plausible, could be good for reactivity.

Also, check this out, somebody asked the right question:

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/172422159216/hey-you-deleted-the-companion-portrait-directory

• Like 2

Yea, that's plausible, could be good for reactivity.

Also, check this out, somebody asked the right question:

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/172422159216/hey-you-deleted-the-companion-portrait-directory

spoilers.gif

Last time I fired up Deadfire (it was 10 seconds ago ;)) Wood Elves could have beards:

wood_elf_da_beard.png?dl=1

Getting back to this discussion: in the last stream I got my question answered - wood elves having beards is indeed a bug. So if you take a custom portrait of bearded half-elf into POE2 that's still wrong lore wise. 

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Here I edited some male godlike portraits based on original ones through compilation w/ other portraits and a little bit changed colors (so death godlikes don't look like slaves and fire one is just suitable for me because of breastplate). I used programm PhotoScape but I'm a complete zero with Photoshop. Will be very grateful if someone could watercolor these ones :bow:

7iS4r6QyoCg.jpgVwR8iC4QFeA.jpgzEMPboxGjUw.jpg

• Like 3

More portraits I think folk may enjoy if you have the time. d696afa87c56df331161fef6528ebd8d.jpg

0ac30155b35ce8500085009c0ec04dae.jpg

These portraits are nice.

Thanks!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wow... they looks horrible in Deadfire filter (no offense). Sucked the life and beauty right out of them. This is probably arguable but the one with the short hair especially looks out of place.

The elven queen looks tolerable at least.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wow... they looks horrible in Deadfire filter (no offense). Sucked the life and beauty right out of them. This is probably arguable but the one with the short hair especially looks out of place.

I only work with what you give me  :-

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Here I edited some male godlike portraits based on original ones through compilation w/ other portraits and a little bit changed colors (so death godlikes don't look like slaves and fire one is just suitable for me because of breastplate). I used programm PhotoScape but I'm a complete zero with Photoshop. Will be very grateful if someone could watercolor these ones :bow:

What were the portraits that you used for their bodies? I think this will look better if I cut and paste the official watercolored heads and just work with the bodies.

I only work with what you give me whistle.gif

I think they look good. Thanks man. 

What were the portraits that you used for their bodies? I think this will look better if I cut and paste the official watercolored heads and just work with the bodies.

Ocean folk here's from PoE directory folder, two others are Jason Seow's work

Human_male_PoE1_portrait_12_lg.png?versimale_human_f_jes_lg.png?format=300wmale_human_bjorn4_lg.png?format=300w

Ocean folk here's from PoE directory folder, two others are Jason Seow's work

Human_male_PoE1_portrait_12_lg.png?versimale_human_f_jes_lg.png?format=300wmale_human_bjorn4_lg.png?format=300w

First one is great. Second two are kind of ugly but I like the art style. Very detailed. 

Deadfire filter is horrible! Though original pics are great

Deadfire filter?  :rolleyes:  Lol, what is that? If you mean the watercolor portraits I do here then it's handwork for the most part. I make them as similar looking as a I can to the official watercolor portraits. But if you don't like them you can always take only the original portrait to use in dialogues and scripted interactions. They will stand out though, because all NPCs and companions use watercolor portraits in those instances.

• Like 1