So...  am I reading his thread correctly?  We can insert our own pics for our characters?  Is it as designed by Obsidian?  Or mod-like?

And is this for main character only?  or hirelings as well?

Yeah, those are just images so they are fairly easy to add/replace. It’s a bigger challenge now, when it would be fitting to match watercolour art style, but Aramintai has been generously helping out with that. I will probably compile all of those for personal use once Deadfire comes out:-).

So...  am I reading his thread correctly?  We can insert our own pics for our characters?  Is it as designed by Obsidian?  Or mod-like?

And is this for main character only?  or hirelings as well?

Well, this open folder system for custom portraits has always been available ever since the old times of Baldur's Gate. POE series just restarted the tradition.

You can easily insert your own portrait, change companions or hirelings portraits to whatever you want.

You can read this as to how to insert your main character's custom portrait:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94345-portraits-folder-for-custom-player-portraits/

Companions and hirelings portraits follow similar steps, but companions portraits are located in another folder and both companions and hirelings require your custom portrait to be renamed exactly the same as the original you want to change.

Edited by Aramintai

These are not requests. It's just some portraits that I think go well with the Deadfire theme:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Well, I would love them to be requested tbh.  :lol:  :bow:

Women's one are awesome !

These are not requests. It's just some portraits that I think go well with the Deadfire theme:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Well, I would love them to be requested tbh.  :lol:  :bow:

Women's one are awesome !

Yeah all of those are good 

Do I understand it right that you have to override existing portraits and can't just add new ones as you could in BGs?

For your custom main character portrait you just add it, for existing portraits, such as companions or hirelings, you replace them.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

@Aramintai

Any chance you could turn this into a water color potrait?

e37c1cb11143c6d106e70a74653bf723.png

Would be great. I'm not really talented in stuff like this :getlost:

Bn5ybuN.pngEie42wD.png

cpeCPzcl.jpg

pwPhSr5l.jpg

Wow! Looks amazing. Thank you so much! Now I'm ready for march :grin:

Slightly better than what I used to do :

[still not really satisfied...]

Maybe something like this?

Definitely !

You know, everytime I'm trying to make one, I have to deal with that f**king sh*t :

1521372996-female-a1-lg.png > 1521372369-female.png

So, I cancel that 2nd Step [the one with Black Grains], & jump directly to this :

1521372996-female-a1-lg.png > 1521373950-female-a2-lg.png

Which isn't really "Watercolory" enough to me.

[As you saw, it made the Harry Potter Portrait become a Ghost]  :lol:

All those tiny "Black Grains" makes me sick, it a real pain in the a** to get rid of them !

Otherwise, the delimitations, [black contours], are fairly ok, [not that great though], & I'll be good to go from there, but this things f**ks everything up.

[Main reason why I kinda stopped helping with requests for a while...  :banghead: ]

Edited by DexGames

You know, everytime I'm trying to make one, I have to deal with that f**king sh*t :

> 1521372369-female.png

I see what you mean. You can make (duplicate) another layer before applying the filter. That way after applying the filter you can deliberately erase some "noise" with good old eraser and those parts will look unmodified by the filter.

Will end up looking something like this:

Yuj2huC.pngtR3i0wG.png

Also, what filter is that? Doesn't look like Poster Edges to me. Or too much Edge Intensity?

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Also, what filter is that? Doesn't look like Poster Edges to me.

I see what you mean. You can make another layer before applying the filter. That way after applying the filter you can deliberately erase some "noise" with good old eraser and those parts will look unmodified by the filter.

Oh ok, I'll give a try on how to actually do the Layer thing. [i mean, "Practically" speaking]

As for the filter, [not sure of the proper English word for it], but it should be something like "Comic // Strip Cartoon". [Google Image : "Bande Dessinée". You'll probably see what it means]

I use Photofiltre 7 by the way.