Here's my stab at these portraits:

297AI3V.png QQpCOXm.png5Gc6GRN.pnge275Nwb.png

Oh, that's definitely better)

Btw, how do you achieve that extra-thick black outline while keeping their face features thin?

P.S. Love the elves' portraits and it is worth mentioning again - elves are awesome!

Well... I have more then :)

AKZm9eS.pngafITwgH.pngoC1Lcva.png16s0XXp.png

sltZgJ1.pngzJtKAV7.pngABh0Uuu.png

Gallery with higher resolution: link

Edited by MaxQuest

Have you seen these?

http://www.jasonseow.com/poeportraits/

Wouldn't mind especially seeing Lord Joshua, Dread Adjudicator of Balance, gets the watercolor treatment.

I'm sure he already got his portrait secretly watercolored by their artist, we just have to ask for it politely :)

• Like 1

:aiee: Portraits overload! I'll check on these when I've free time  :)

Not pressuring ya :)

I have over 100 PoE friendly portraits. Was thinking to slowly watercolor them over time myself and share the pack)

Or say screw it, and watercolor only those that I am going to use myself. Depends on free time and if I'll manage to do the stylisation of somewhat similar quality.

• Like 2

Or say screw it, and watercolor only those that I am going to use myself. Depends on free time and if I'll manage to do the stylisation of somewhat similar quality.

I too would rather people made requests here only for portraits that they're gonna use, not just for the collection, because it always takes time to photoshop them properly.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with the new portraits, the polynisian saturation is a nice front to cover up small mistakes. It's better than the ultra-high quality semi-realism treatment and it's nice to see a lower-quality/low-res rendition in my opinion. Does it fit the game though?

Perhaps the real question is: Will it fit the colouring pallette good enough? If we say "It doesn't really matter, because there portraits in the U.I and inventory" nut history has proven only otherwise.

Will we not be able to import our own portraits? And if so, will the game automatically use it's rendering technology to filter it in a like portrait for a desimilar result? I don't see why it wouldn't, it should, to make things fit correspondently and minutally. Hopefully this is the case.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Josh said it won't, the Game will still try to choose a watercolor portrait within the game "that is close to the one you picked".

[Dunno if that's still the case, but he said that in one of the Q&A Video]

He said the game can't automatically create a watercolor portrait out of nowhere.

That's why awesome people here work their a** off to make their own watercolor portrait. [Aramintai :)]

Only Option available are :

• Either you can make one yourself
  • Choose between what's already in the game
  • Just use your regular "imported portrait" as a "non-watercolor" portrait when it's needed.
Edited by DexGames

Will we not be able to import our own portraits? And if so, will the game automatically use it's rendering technology to filter it in a like portrait for a desimilar result? I don't see why it wouldn't, it should, to make things fit correspondently and minutally. Hopefully this is the case.

You can import your own portrait, if you don't have a watercolored version of it the game will use your usual portrait in conversations and interactions.

Here are the details how to do it:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94345-portraits-folder-for-custom-player-portraits/

The game doesn't have any super-duper automatic filter to watercolorize your portrait in the game and I doubt you can make it even in Photoshop. Hence all my work here to watercolorize other players custom portraits requests manually.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Can you import different portraits for companions then as well? It wouldn't make much sense to have a semi-realistic portrait for one character and then the game's standard low-res portraits for everyone else.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Can you import different portraits for companions then as well? It wouldn't make much sense to have a semi-realistic portrait for one character and then the game's standard low-res portraits for everyone else.

You can change companions portraits, they are in a different folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity2_Data\gui\portraits\companion

Sonic, portraits work exactly how they did in eternity 1.  They even follow the same naming convention and folder path.  Just now, there is a third water color variant you see in conversations and scripted encounters. 

So anything you could do in Eternity 1 portrait wise, you can do in 2.

As far as the water color portrait goes, you can post and ask for help here, or you could also look up some tutorial videos online.  I find it is a lot less about the method of making the water color picture, and a lot more about the initial picture you use.  Some Aramintai have posted I think look horrid in the screenshots, simply because those pictures clearly don't belong and are in a different art style.  There isn't a ton you can do to fix that short of redoing the entire picture.

That said, don't assume this is a simple filter process.  It is not, I spent over an hour and a half making mine for the game.

• Like 1

My first try... 

screenshot_118.png

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★