Defintely feasible but, without the Helmet/Armor & the Smell (Very Important)...

It's not really Barik.  :grin:

BTW, I'll stop spaming this thread this is not the place to do this, sorry guys.

LOVE YOUR CUSTOM PORTRAITS !

PS : Calisca (Watercolor) Please !   :bow:

[Just kidding]

Edited by DexGames

Barik looks great with long hair and beard! Why he shaves afterwards is beyond me :D

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

We aren't going to have to "optionally" pay for nice portraits like we did in Tyranny... right?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

We aren't going to have to "optionally" pay for nice portraits like we did in Tyranny... right?

Few Months ago, Obsidian asked us to answer a DLC Survey, [Couldn't find the Results somehow].

But in the end, what resulted from this was that, something like ~80/90% of us, [i think, Correct me if I'm wong guys],

responded that : What they wanted from any DLC, was a Big Beafy DLC.

A Full Expansion if you prefer, [Like The White March].

So if you have to pay for something, [& if New Portraits there have], they'll probably be in the said Expansion.

And if you Backed this Game with the DLC Pack, you won't pay anything.

PS : Given the backlash Paradox had back then, I sincerely doubt Obsidian would follow the same path...  :lol:

Edited by DexGames

@DexGames Thanks!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Aramintai, if possible I'd love to request one of this guy ^^

6mXInKi.pngcOAcGLH.png

And if possible, though unsure with this one due to the effect in the hair. 

botxIrj.pngcvoA5OP.png

Please and thank you :)

Right-o, had some free time, so here it is:

wGhz5hp.png8vz6xUl.png

NfvLfevl.jpg

ezoQ3bzl.jpg

cBgu5Is.png29291db.png

ab6U50ol.jpg

VTYeCqhl.jpg

Sorry for some masked portrait's hair loss on the right side - it was was blending in with the background too much and my pinpointed cutting looked like ****. I'm bad with hair strands, I know.

• Like 3

If by any chance, it happens that you wanna bring Calisca back to Life... Feel free to do so !  :wub:

I'm leery of butchering her portrait for several reasons. First, I'm not sure people will want to play with a known dead character's portrait, it's weird. Second, there are two very similar looking player portraits in the game already. Third, looking at those two player portraits' convo versions I know I'll never be able to replicate them anywhere close, so I'm ashamed to even try.

Verse, FTW!

Thanks a lot DexGames for the idea and Aramintai for the watercolor portrait!

She’s my favorite character in Tyranny and will make an excellent henchman in Deadfire ;)

Does anybody know whether it is possible to extract her soundset from Tyranny and import it in Deadfire? That’d be amazing—her voice acting was spot on (hope Allegra will voice somebody in Deadfire too; Xoti, to be exact.)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Verse, FTW!

Thanks a lot DexGames for the idea and Aramintai for the watercolor portrait!

She’s my favorite character in Tyranny and will make an excellent henchman in Deadfire ;)

Does anybody know whether it is possible to extract her soundset from Tyranny and import it in Deadfire? That’d be amazing—her voice acting was spot on (hope Allegra will voice somebody in Deadfire too; Xoti, to be exact.)

Oh Andrea, you mean all of her Voice-Over Conversation ? it is certainely possible but it's gonna be uncontrolable !

Not mentionning the fact that she's gonna refer to Terratus Facts, & not Eora's.

But overall I think it possible....

Edited by DexGames

Very doubtful about soundset extraction but I too hope that Verse's voice actress voices someone in Deadfire, she was awesome  :yes:

Aramintai, if you are still entertaining requests, I would love if you tried your hand on this rogue...

Not sure how she fits in with the Deadfire portrait changes, but I loved playing with her in Pillars. Planning to keep on with her!

ff8f0o.png

fkxg7r.png

As this is yet another severe case of tiny hair strands all over the place blending with the background don't be surprised by the usual symptoms of occasional hair loss:

dAgZI3u.pngge7sdty.png

Y4zavsGl.jpg

AtixhCml.jpg

• Like 1

Oh Andrea, you mean all of her Voice-Over Conversation ?

No, no, just her sound set: command sounds, comments when she crits or misses, comments when she spots hidden stuff...

It would be great to use it in Deadfire for a Verse henchman :)

Thank you for the guide Aramintai.

Here are my first tries:

TkAhGd0.pngCGIxI5b.png1TAGMYW.png3i4fuEg.png

pqcOm0o.pngAWxKpdK.pngEzMvxIZ.pngp5B09ji.png

Btw, getting transparent background was the most annoying step so far. Do you just use Magic Wand and play with tolerance?

Not sure about importing; but it should be possible to export her VO.

Unlike PoE1 which contains it's .wav in the open, in Tyranny they are bundled in /Tyranny_Data/bundles/vo_wavs.unity3d

I could preview them via DevXUnity Unpacker Tools' demo. Although in order to unpack them one would have to buy that app. And I haven;t found 'free' versions without added malware.

• Like 2

Thank you for the guide Aramintai.

Here are my first tries:

TkAhGd0.pngCGIxI5b.png1TAGMYW.png3i4fuEg.png

pqcOm0o.pngAWxKpdK.pngEzMvxIZ.pngp5B09ji.png

Btw, getting transparent background was the most annoying step so far. Do you just use Magic Wand and play with tolerance?

Wow, cool custom portraits :)

I use Quick Selection tool when I can, but more often than not it's by hand with the good old Eraser tool, because...edges  :banghead:

• Like 1