Will the pledge AFTER the Fig campaign ends count towards the 3M stretch goal?

Heya guys! I'll have a simple question.

Since the campaign is nearly over, will any further donation after the campaign ends count toward the 3 million stretch goal?

Since they will enable paypal payment in the future it will surely help develop a better game!

Will they add further goals after the campaign end? (Don't remember how was with the first Pillars, shame on me xD)

Sorry if this was alread asked or answered!

Cheers

• Like 1

I would be surprised if the campaign ended short of 3.4 million, to be honest; and that's being conservative. Your 3 million stretch goal is pretty safe.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I've seen other crowd funding campaigns do that -- count contributions just after the campaign end date toward the stretch goals -- so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

There should be a spike during the last 2-3 days (The Charge of the Procrastinators), which should be enough to reach at least the $3m goal.

As for further goals, it depends on what's the deal with Fig Funds. Are they capped by Pledges (they're always right behind them, but never ahead)? If so, is it for tactical (campaign pacing) or financial reasons? If not, if it's just coincidental and they really do take so long to process (we do know that they have over $2m in reservations already), what will happen if they aren't at $2.25m on the last day? Will they keep trickling in for the weeks to come, after the campaign has officially ended, slowly putting check marks on additional goals? In that last case, Obsidian may as well include further pledges through the backer portal, too. Or they may opt to treat all post-campaign money as a bonus, to ensure everything goes right, who knows?

So yeah, a bunch of "ifs" to untangle here.

Current pledge pace is approximately 25-30k USD per day. Let's be conservative and consider an average of 20k USD per day until the last two days of the campaign:

20,000 * 4 = 80,000

From today's 2,807,000 we get to 2,887,000 before the final rush.

For the sake of being conservative, let's take for granted that PayPal will not be available in time and the last two days combined will fall short of 50% the first day: 500,000 USD.

That would get us to 2,887,000 + 500,000 = 3,387,000 USD without PayPal and without any other increment in Fig Funds (which is unlikely.)

This is a conservative estimate that would get us to the 3.25mm stretch goal anyway.

Fig Funds won't necessarily hit the cap, but it would be very unlikely for them not to increase at all from now to the end of the campaign. If PayPal comes next Wednesday as Feargus promised, it should give another decent spike. The last two days should bring in a bit more than my estimate too, if Kickstarter is any indication.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

@ AndreaColombo: They're also planning to post another Kickstarter update, this time one that'll send emails and show up in KS activity feeds, so that may bring back some lost backers, too.

Edited by mph
  • Like 1

I thought last time PayPal contributions bumped up the stretch goal to the 4m mark. Since the Kickstarter had stopped short. But I can't remember the details from so long ago. I do know it ended at 13 layers for the Endless Paths and we ended up with 15.