A fight where you can use all companions. An epic one in the last chapter. Or like another thread says... split up party. But full party. Not just adventuring party.

Like end of NwN2.

Or Dragon Age1 Siege of Denerim.

Grand in scale.

Already a good job with the army battle in poe1.

All special "recruits" on your ship could be npc non controllable back up.

All for one

I generally like the idea and I played both games you mentioned. 

However, the inescapable truth is that the large majority of players do not bother with equipping non-regular companions with updated gear, potions and so on. They would hardly level them up properly in the first place or learn how to use their skills/abilities in detail. Therefore, such epic "all companion" fights end up feeling a little bit forced or artificial, with a power imbalance between regular companions and those who are rarely used.

I rather prefer the template of the Mass Effect 2 final campaign, where the decisions you made with all your companions (including those you ignored) have a meaningful impact on how the ending plays out, but they don't actually participate in combat itself. That part is retained by the regular team of your choosing.

However, the inescapable truth is that the large majority of players do not bother with equipping non-regular companions with updated gear, potions and so on. They would hardly level them up properly in the first place or learn how to use their skills/abilities in detail. Therefore, such epic "all companion" fights end up feeling a little bit forced or artificial, with a power imbalance between regular companions and those who are rarely used.

I rather prefer the template of the Mass Effect 2 final campaign, where the decisions you made with all your companions (including those you ignored) have a meaningful impact on how the ending plays out, but they don't actually participate in combat itself. That part is retained by the regular team of your choosing.

Meaningful impact? If you did their mission they live. If you did not do their mission they die.

So you asked all this "majority" of players that yourself?

Or where you get the info from...

Bz my back up npcs were geared up as ff and leveled bz of the ALREADY IN PLACE off screen quest system. And since this a story driven rpg and companions have story AND QUESTS i find it hard to believe.

Please dont pawn your personal stuff off onto others

To paraphrase Aloth XD

Edited by Leeuwenhart