Ahoy fellow freebooter Bastards from the Black Isle,

I just saw that OBS unlocked 10 more slots for "Create an Item" on the fig campaign. Basically you give 750$ and get all the game related stuff & fuzz of the lower tiers plus you can create a unique item (in colaboration with OBS - and within limits of course).

Now... since we are already aiming to put the Black Isle Bastards crew into the game (preferably onto the Black Isle - which we also managed to smuggle into the game - boy, we are good!) I though it may be neat if the player could get anything alse out of that who-knows-what-to-expect-encounter but mere XP.

So I wanted to ask if some of you are willing to throw some more money into a pot. If we reach 750$ I could then upgrade my pledge to that "create an item" tier. I'd say the most generous donator gets all the other goodies (besides the game itself - I need that one ;) ). I have a paypal account, so donations would be done like with the BIB crew.

I could open up a poll in order to determine which kind of item (eye patch, funky pirate hat, a hook, a wooden leg, you name it) we want to go for.

But first I'd say that we collect all the ideas here - or if you even want that item in the first place.

Another apporach could be that we take this tier (or multiple of them, depends on the money we collected) instead of the pirate crew - but only if the crew fails to collect enough money (5000$). Then we would already have an appropriate alternative that still has something to do with the BIBs.

What Do you say? I guess we'll need to be quick...

p.s.: Of course you don't need to give money for the BIB pirate crew or the BIB forum badge in order to take part in this.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oh boy, I hope this doesn't "take away" money from the other crowd funding campaign.

First off, I love the idea of giving our pirate crew a very valuable additional item. We would need to decide on how the player can acquire that. Does the player have to fight the pirates for that?

My idea would be that the item was some kind of weapon or armor made of... *drum roll* obsidian!

Obsidian weapons do exist in our world btw, just google image "Obsidian knife"

Very fancy!

I think the timing of this initiative here may be a bit unlucky. What if, in the end, the additional money for this would be about the amount of money that we would miss to reach the $5000 goal for the pirate crew?

I would have preferred you posted this after we had raised more money for the pirates. But let's see how this works out ;)

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

You are right. That's why I wanted to discuss it first. The no. 1 priority is the BIB crew.

But since nobody can donate anything to this right now, I guess It won't take away money from the crew if we discuss it.

But I thought that those discussion thingies (which item, which properties, which lore and so on) take a lot of time - and that we might want to have a finished backup plan for the crew if we can't collect the 5000$.

The main problem with this item tier is that it will be gone soon. I would spend 750$ on my own for that item and dedicate it to the BIBs, but if my wife finds out she'll keelhaul me. ;)

We could also say that this item is the backup plan for the BIB and nothing else. No parallel funding. Would be totally ok with me. I'd edit the title accordingly then.

Obsidian knife sounds very cool. Maybe it needs another, less obvious name and then explains it's nature in the lore description. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Haha, wild freestyle idea here (not to be taken seriously)... merging Black Isle (Island), Bastards (Crew), Ship (Unnamed), Sword (Item)

The Black Isle is a Sword. And within the reflection of the sword, lies a dark cursed secret. Anyone who is cut by its blade, will find themselves ill and sick for days and weeks, degenerating incrementally, until falling flat down, dead. Wherever in the world they are, their soul will find itself to the black steel of the Black Isle.

​It has the power to possess weak-minded men, to grow and foster its already large Crew, it Sails from man to man, hand to hand, as one after the other falls to its ways.

​If you gaze long enough into the steel, you'll see an island reflected behind you, a pitch black island, but turn around... and it is gone. It is when the shadows begin to appear, looming out of the island like a dark twisted mist towards you, then you will know it is already too late.

​...

​Hm, this sparks another question... will there be Cursed Items in Deadfire?

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

well, if its should be pirate related you can go with flintlock pistol, scimitar, eyepatch, bandana or parrot pet? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What would the Letter of Marque do? I mean besides allowing you to attack enemy ships - which is of little value for the party I guess... Is it a trinket (=new items slot in PoE2)? Maybe it gives you a RES bonus. :)

What would the Letter of Marque do? I mean besides allowing you to attack enemy ships - which is of little value for the party I guess... Is it a trinket (=new items slot in PoE2)? Maybe it gives you a RES bonus. :)

Perhaps it could act similar to Stevenson's Black Spot in TREASURE ISLAND?

That said, if I was making an item with an Obsidian theme, I'd be hard pressed not to make a shield and call it the Black Shield of Falworth... :biggrin:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man