Apocalypse Now RPG crowdfunder

algroth

Not sure if there's a subject about this already, but Francis Ford Coppola's company American Zoetrope are apparently developing an RPG based on Apocalypse Now, with Josh acting as creative consultant in it. Here's the link!

https://apocalypsenow.com/

Thoughts on the project?

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Yeah, it was mentioned in the KS thread when it was launched:

Francis Ford Coppella/American Zoetrope is working with others to bring APOCALYPSE NOW to video games, allowing the player to make choices independent of the movie in RPG style with an emphasis more like survival horror than action-shooter.  They've taken to Kickstarter for funding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fringerider/apocalypse-now-the-game?ref=nav_search

Team includes

• Francis Ford Coppola (dir Apocalypse Now)
  • Rob Auten (lead writer Gears of War)
  • Lawrence Liberty (executive producer, Fallout: New Vegas)
  • Montgomery Markland (producer, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, designer/producer Aliens: Crucible)
with Josh Sawyer as special advisor.

No clue if it'll be good, but it certainly seems to have ambition, at least.

My thoughts? It's dead, Jim:

fail.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I was a backer on the KS but haven't yet moved over to their own site

Not sure I will now because I may have increased my PoE2 pledge a bit too much

They have indeeed moved to their own site (which I posted in the OP). Also extended the time by quite a bit: the campaign will be running for 460 days more. :o

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I was a backer on the KS but haven't yet moved over to their own site

Not sure I will now because I may have increased my PoE2 pledge a bit too much

They have indeeed moved to their own site (which I posted in the OP). Also extended the time by quite a bit: the campaign will be running for 460 days more. :o

I haven't moved over to their site

Sorry for the confusion

Free games updated 3/4/21

My thoughts? It's dead, Jim:

They could only get like ~20% of what they asked for when it was on Kickstarter. Now they're asking for over 5 times what they originally asked for after having had their Kickstarter fail, while having it on their own shady website instead of Kickstarter. What makes you think it's dead? :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Also they try to market with New Vegas now. "It's Like Fallout: New Vegas on acid in Vietnam".

Truth told, I am very interested in this project... I just don't want to back it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Also they try to market with New Vegas now. "It's Like Fallout: New Vegas on acid in Vietnam".

Truth told, I am very interested in this project... I just want to back it.

It used to say "It's like New Vegas on acid", and just two spaces below "Not free roam, not a shooter, dialogue not important", etc. What an ADD sales pitch. The whole thing sounds like the rambling submission of a fan.

Truth told, I am very interested in this project... I just want to back it.

It used to say "It's like New Vegas on acid", and just two spaces below "Not free roam, not a shooter, dialogue not important", etc. What an ADD sales pitch. The whole thing sounds like the rambling submission of a fan.

One of the two guys at the helm is ex-FNV producer (can't remember exact role), and both of them are ex-Obsidian. So at least that part makes sense. But it sure doesn't look like they're going to raise very much.