Hey guys, So, I am at the end of the game [just about to jump on Thaos] I got a monk, part tank, part DPS, using the long reach. I am using He carries many scars armor. But it is recommended to use Sanguine Plate to get frenzy. Well I kind of do not like the def attributes of Sanguine Plate. Ofc I got it and can change it at any time. What other armor do you recommend for monks?

Do you have Swift or even Lightning Strikes? Because Frenzy's speed bonus doesn't stack with Swift Strikes.

Besides that, Frenzy is perfect for a monk. He doesn't want to have too high deflection anyway because he wants some wounds - and the speed bonus is nice, too. Frenzy boosts fortitude by 16 points, which is much more important than 10 deflection (except against Cleansing Flames from Thaos).

If you have Iron Wheel your armor can be fairly light. For example durgan reinforced Gwisk Glas with 0 recovery penalty or the Robes of the Tidebringer. For the last fight Angio's Gameson with it's DAoM use might also be great. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah some of the bog standard exceptional armour looks great. Exceptional hide or leather is prettying cool. Would have been nice if some of the unques looked as good :)

Though there are some pretty good looking and potent uniques. Just a pity about Sanguine plate, not really a fan of my characters looking like a xmas decoration :)

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Just a pity about Sanguine plate, not really a fan of my characters looking like a xmas decoration :)

Blasphemy!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Just a pity about Sanguine plate, not really a fan of my characters looking like a xmas decoration :)

Blasphemy!

Not blasphemy, I'd have to agree Sanguine Plate looks pretty meh.  The other plate armors look pretty awesome.  Crucible Knight is still probably my favorite though: Simple and Clean.