The Dwarven Companion Recovery Front

This is the Dwarven Companion Dissapointment Front.

Or at least what it used to be. Thank you all for participating in the Front. Pale elf is really ok, elves ARE my favourite fantasy race, but there will only be room for one small-folk companion in the entire game, the orlan Serafen. No dwarf this time. Should the 3.25 stretch goal be achieved we will probably get Bonteru, a dwarven side-kick, which is nice. And I like his concept, even though my main is a rogue already. To be honest, I'll probably consider playing with Bonteru over that new blue godlike Takehu or whatever, because of classic fantasy RPG fondness.

125216_CN_GL.jpg

^ Don't be sad, brave sir Dwarf. There'll be other great battles to win.

Here's hoping for a true dwarven companion in the future. Now, craft us a worthy game, Obsidian! Dwarvenless, but still.

This *was* the Dwarven Companion Recovery Front.

I'm not saying "stay tuned" coz this is all... or is it?  :skeptical: 

• Like 6

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The sidekicks are definitely going to be in at this rate, so we've got that at least.

Yeah, I mean this isn't bad, but this is what amazes me the most:

COMPANIONS (sidekicks aside):

2 humans

2 elves

2 godlikes

1 orlan

1 aumaua

0 dwarves

:shrugz:

Counting your elves before they hatch?

But I did think we needed a pale elf companion if your counting what we got in PoE1.

Really I am surprised we didn't get a mountain dwarf or female orlan.

But I care more about a story that is natural to the demographics of our locals. So having a lot of Aumaua is no big deal for me. Representation comes later on my list of priorities. I'd volunteer to nix a human, being one myself. But Eder needs a lady friend, so Xoti is of utmost necessity.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that in an expansion, they'll probably upgrade sidekicks to companion status instead.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm thinking that in an expansion, they'll probably upgrade sidekicks to companion status instead.

From the other side, some NPC idea are just not good with full companion. Since the apeal is in simple concept well executed, and once we start adding destiny, tragic backstory it is overcomplicated.

Will Rekk be good idea as full companion? i dont know.

But there is always place for Dwarven Barbarian, could be /Druid. Not Boaring. 

COMPANIONS (sidekicks aside):

2 humans

2 elves

2 godlikes

1 orlan

1 aumaua

0 dwarves

:shrugz:

You still have the sidekicks, at least one Dwarf there.  Also who is this second elf companion?  Don't count your chickens man, that requires 5mil first.

I feel like "godlike" isn't a race just a template.  You are still something else too.  So to drive the stake in worse it is really two godlikes, one of which is Human three, and the other Amaua two.

On the positive side there is only one Orlan as well again, even though they maintained companion level.

Edited by Karkarov

You still have the sidekicks, at least one Dwarf there. 

I know, that's why I said "sidekicks aside" because my issue is/was with full companions.

Also who is this second elf companion?  Don't count your chickens man, that requires 5mil first.

Given the current pace AND the possibility of collecting money after the Fig campaign... I think it is plausible. And even if not, developers still made a decision to make a second elf instead of the first dwarf. As I said before, elves ARE my favourite fantasy race, I just find the lack of a dwarf so... empty-ish. They created this sweet fantasy world, filled it with races, and yet one of these races is kinda casted aside.

I feel like "godlike" isn't a race just a template.  You are still something else too.  So to drive the stake in worse it is really two godlikes, one of which is Human three, and the other Amaua two.

Agreed, but still no dwarf ;)

This is the Ydwin Companion Pledging Front.

f4b119966e.jpg

Moving on!

We must admit, that Ydwin looks spot on. Her story concept is really great, and we hope to achieve the stretch goal.

Also, if Bonteru is half as good as she seems to be he will smack your britches up.

Damn right.

• Like 1

Disappointing, I was hoping for the 8th companion to be a dwarf too.

Has been too damn long since a CRPG had the stereotypical axe-wielding dwarven companion a la Korgan Bloodaxe. At least not in any CRPG I played in recent years, of which there weren't that many anyway.

• Like 1

Disappointing, I was hoping for the 8th companion to be a dwarf too.

Has been too damn long since a CRPG had the stereotypical axe-wielding dwarven companion a la Korgan Bloodaxe. At least not in any CRPG I played in recent years, of which there weren't that many anyway.

So basically you're not really sure XD

• Like 1

Well, if YdWin gets into squad her adventurer spot will free, and another dwarf could step in since why not.

I see nothing wrong in simple concept but well executed in form of Adventurer.

EDIT: And since we are throwing some bearded ideas.

Bottle Swinger - Dwarven Barbarian Monk, always in good mood, and a bit drunk. Keeps bottomless mug which can heal him in exchange to precision (hic). Very creative when it comes to throwing bombs and insults upon enemies. Knows some good warstories which may be totally made up, or belong to someone else (like 1000 years old legend). We can confront him, and soulwalk into his past memories, and remind about his real glory. He will stop drinking then.

84cab9159b84efc21cebcd9cc841b849.jpg

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

elfimages.jpg

"FERRELION here. Hi guys and gals, it's me again, the Prime Minister of All the Elves (Everywhere). You might remember me from page 3 of this thread. Yeah, YDWIN is one of mine peeps, so if she gets to be a full companion you know who you should be thankful for. Yeah, no, bummer with the dwarven companion tho. I really hope that Bonteru will be an awesome sidekick and there'll be some nice banter and interaction with ALOTH and the babe, cuz y'know, elves and dwarves are so super and cool. Even if this is not so huge and deep as such banter and interaction with the others. What can I say, we tried our best, but there might be still some super cool things out there in the future, amirite? Right, so I'll be seein' ya. Stay super cool, like me."

Edited by Messier-31

No, this cannot stand!  I will not let it stand!  Take up your axes my brethren, we cannot let this insult to dwarvenkind rest!  We shall storm the Obsidian offices and make them pay in blood!  Once we are done, they shall be digging holes!

bolt-5.jpg

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

If we aren't getting a main dwarf companion, I guess I'll take my Watcher mountain dwarf into POE first.

• Like 1

No one expected the Death Godlike to save the day #DeathDwarf#DeathWatcher#OnceuponaDwarf

"A drink for every person that heard I was a cipher and thought he must be an orlan." #Aptapo#CipherDwarf

Dwarves are almost one place where I'm happy to see a stereotype. Give me a mead-swilling, axe-crazy man's man dwarf.

Sagani felt like... I don't know, like an elven ranger trapped in a dwarf's body. Like they wrote her to subvert all dwarf tropes.

• Like 5