The Dwarven Companion Recovery Front

Fingers crossed, this will be a stretch goal.

As for the class of our entirely hypothetical dwarf companion: either Chanter or Druid makes sense, if the shirtless Huana dude doesn't have both of those covered. Alternately, they could make the dwarf a Barbarian and make Serafen's Cipher class compulsory, which might make more sense given his backstory.

My preference is Dwarf Druid. Don't think I've ever seen a companion like that in a cRPG.

And I thought Dragon Age was the only fandom with a small but dedicated dwarf fandom. 0_0

I'm all for another dwarf companion for those who love them. I finally got my wild orlan companion, so I want others to be happy.

That said, since dwarves are THE most highly stereotyped of the playable fantasy races, if Obsidian does make a dwarven companion, I hope they create a dwarven character first, "NON-STEREOTYPICAL DWARF!!!11" second.

As much as I LOVE Sagani, her entire gimmick was that she was The Anti-Dwarf. Fantasy Inuit instead of Fantasy Scottish, an archer instead of an axe-wielder, a mother (female and sexualized) instead of a bearded man (like 99% of fictional dwarves...) Much as I love her (she's tied with Kana Rua as my second favorite PoE character, after Aloth), if they did more with her personality and character arc, I wouldn't feel like she was a walking gimmick first, a character second.

I actually think Obsidian came up with some interesting cultures for Eora's dwarves. Boreal dwarves are basically Fantasy Inuits, which I think is cool. Mountain dwarves, contrary to the usual shtick of being the least numerous race who mostly live underground as smiths and "honor-bound" (drinking and bombastic) warriors, are actually the most numerous and far-reaching race, acting as explorers, navigators, and traders all over the world. I think that has rife potential to explore with a mountain dwarf companion... IF the devs weren't SO determined to avoid the typical fantasy dwarf stereotype that they just craft ANOTHER snarky dwarf rogue/archer who's "not like other dwarves."

Edited by Faerunner
  • Like 3

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Sagani was one of my faves of PoE1 (not least because Itumaak is awesome - did ranger pets get a boost in 3.0?  All I'm seeing lately is "so-and-so killed by Itumaak" - the cunning fox even stole the last hit on the Alpine-Dragon kill).  I liked her story and her quest.

Mountain Dwarf would be great for PoE2 - I'd like a Chanter ("Raise yer mug and hear me song" ... "[blessed was Charley-Mops, most inventive of his tribe]...[Thrice he drank and thrice he was back to the bar]")

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Bit of  a conundrum for me. A dwarven companion would be seriously cool but I also don't want to many companions...

Reckon 7 is enough, hate leaving people behind... So I guess I'm going to have to play a boreal dwarf.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

This is the Dwarven Companion Recovery Front.

Bit of  a conundrum for me. A dwarven companion would be seriously cool but I also don't want to many companions...

Reckon 7 is enough, hate leaving people behind... So I guess I'm going to have to play a boreal dwarf.

And there are 6 races in the world of Eora. Having 2 godlikes (as it would seem) and zero dwarves is beyond us.

THIS JUST IN! THE HORROR!

nodwarf.jpg

We bring you the special info from our dedicated agents all over internetz.

Our official spokesperson will publish a statement later today.

​Stay tuned for more updates.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

If we're getting pixel sex then by god we can have a dwarf companion next stretch goal. Not sure what class he should be though, I think so far we've got Wizard(Aloth), Fighter or Rogue(Eder), Paladin(Pallegia), Cipher or Barbarian(Pirate Orlan), Ranger(Kana's sister), and Priest or Monk(Xoti). That leaves Druid and Chanter, so I'd guess the Dwarf should be Chanter because the mystery companion looks like a Druid to me and that would put us at possible representatives for all 11 classes.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Sagani was one of my faves of PoE1 (not least because Itumaak is awesome - did ranger pets get a boost in 3.0? All I'm seeing lately is "so-and-so killed by Itumaak" - the cunning fox even stole the last hit on the Alpine-Dragon kill). I liked her story and her quest.

Mountain Dwarf would be great for PoE2 - I'd like a Chanter ("Raise yer mug and hear me song" ... "[blessed was Charley-Mops, most inventive of his tribe]...[Thrice he drank and thrice he was back to the bar]")

Itumaak is my partys rogue.

He does all the sneak attacks.

I got 3 tanks

1 healer

1 controller aloth

Sagani does the interupts on mages

Meanwhile Itumaak goes from tankfight to tankfight biting ankles and calves and straightout SLAYING these guys.

Itumaak. Destroyer of Worlds.

I think its hilarious.

Edited by Leeuwenhart

And there are 6 races in the world of Eora. Having 2 godlikes (as it would seem) and zero dwarves is beyond us.

THIS JUST IN! THE HORROR!

nodwarf.jpg

We bring you the special info from our dedicated agents all over internetz.

Our official spokesperson will publish a statement later today.

​Stay tuned for more updates.

Pale elf it is!

We received a Sending spell from our allies, and have a special announcement to make:

original1_216x300.jpg

„Greetings. I am FERELLION, and I am the Prime Minister of All the Elves (Everywhere). We are super and we are cool. It has come to my attention that there probably won’t be a dwarven companion in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. This is outrageous. Dwarves have always been a part of an elven/dwarven tandem in a fantasy setting and this thing here is no different. We need the dwarven people just as they need us. Be it only to ridicule them and make fun of their strange ways, or befriend them and hunt some dragons together. Take our good elf-buddy ALOTH, he’s super cool. As you may know he has a funny condition. Imagine the banter between the two characters. And when ISELMYR kicks in, The Dwarf would surely had something sweet to say, amirite? So yeah. I would also like to take this moment and thank the Dwarven Companion Recovery Front for their passion. We, the super cool elves, the DCRF, and all the peoples of multiple settings, stand together in this hour of need, for the cause is just. And super. And cool.”

There you have it, folks. The elves have spoken. More and more are joining and willing to fight for the cause.

10914161_707778816020289_1372592226_n.jp

On a more serious note, however, long time ago there was a huge update regarding the first part of the game (link: https://eternity.obsidian.net/eternity/news/update-41-dandd-dwarves-and-doors) and dwarves were something that was considered important back then. Our point is, if the developers really wanted to have them in the game, why would they deny us the possibility to have a companion this time around? Sagani was okay, but there is still much more to be done. Feargus saying that there is quite a lobby of anti-dwarf-companion developers in their midst is worrying, given the aforementioned update. We have big trust/confidence in OBSIDIAN, they know how to make a game right. Yet we still hope that either there will be a dwarven companion in the base game, or one added later in an expansion.

Let more people know what needs to be done!

Spread the bitter alesong and fight for the cause, because whaaaa?

Stay tuned for more updates.

This is one of my questions for the next Q&A:

IxCyoRc.png

PS. @L4wlight, mate! Love the hashtag! Tell them all about The Front, tell them that we are legion, and they should expect us. Don't be too anonymous about it, though.

Cheers ;)

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

This is the Companion Dwarf Frontery Recover... we're a little tipsy today.

So this comes from the latest Q&A session: https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/5ueus0/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_qa_stream_3/?st=iz8l42og&sh=9348345f

5fdb652f3a.png

MAKE HASTE, BRAVE SIR DWARF, MAKE HASTE!

222513.jpg

This has been an update from the Dwarven Companion Recovery Front.

Fight for the dwarven companion cRPG rights.

Because what the hell.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 2