Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

Got news from Aarik, the Macuauitl is off the tables.

The team will not be able to create that weapon for us.

We will have to choose from a set of pre-selected weapons. I do not even know if that set includes bastard swords.

However, Aarik said we can have a weapon with an obsidian blade, that'd be okay.

As long as we don't know which weapons we will be able to choose from I don't see a point in setting up a poll about weapons to be honest.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 5

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Congrats on hitting the goal.

Maybe a sword with a obsidian blade? Or a axe with a obsidian blade?

Or how about some obsidian glasses? Thin shards of obsidian polished into eye glasses lenses? Lore wise it could be said that their used to observe sunspots and help predict the weather (like the Farmers Almanac).

Improves resolve and intellect to a great degree but lowers perception.

We will have to choose from a set of pre-selected weapons. I do not even know if that set includes bastard swords.

However, Aarik said we can have a weapon with an obsidian blade, that'd be okay.

As long as we don't know which weapons we will be able to choose from I don't see a point in setting up a poll about weapons to be honest.

Well, even if it's not mechanically a bastard sword, we could still call it as such. :)

• Like 2

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

In the case of "obsidian bastard sword" I'd prefer something like a distinctive damascus steel appearance, you know, obsidian and steel fused together (because magic), rather than an entire sword made of glass.

Obsidian can look *lots* of different ways, it doesn't have to be the normal black glass we're all used to.

tumblr_nyncjj3Spu1uxypzjo2_250.jpg

• Like 2

I could suggest a hanger or kastane-looking sword, maybe classified as a sabre (or whatever best approximates a short sabre) if those weapon types won't exist in Deadfire. Just to fit the pirate theme!

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden