Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

Thank you @Aarik and @Mirokunite, your increased pledges have pushed us to 93%!

Only 7% more to go!

• Like 7

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

All right. To those, who are still on the fence (or should I say on the pier): this might be your last chance to participate in this epic, first ever, crewfunding within a crowdfunding.

This is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to avoid being a landlubber of eternity :D

There is still plenty of rum aboard. Well, okay its not. But we are going to rob some very soon (HINT). AAAR!

@Aarik D best Community Manager ever! Thanks a lot!

Edited by Corlagon
  • Like 6

38r7zxku.png

Well done Fluffle!

• Like 6

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Yes! I couldn't believe my own eyes when I logged in to check the donations today.

It said $5334.26 Holy Cow!

We had two VERY generous donations, one of which was our $333 guy who donated yet another such batch of money to our cause.

A huge thank you to to the both of you, and a huge thank you to everyone!

We made it! WE ARE FUNDED!!!

WHOOOHOOOOOO!

• Like 11

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Wow!!!! I'm chuffed to bits!! YAY!!

This is so frigging wonderful! :aiee: 

Thank you heaps, Fluffle! Without you, none of this kickstarter within a kickstarter would've been possible. :wub:

And a huge thank you to all contributors! I love you! :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 6

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

How do we proceed from here on?

I have decided to go for the stretchgoal "Create an Item".

What rules do apply for that?

The stretchgoal is to raise $5750 of which we already have collected $5334.26 at this point. The deadline is NOT the same anymore as the previous one.

For the stretchgoal I pushed it back a little bit. So the new deadline for the stretchgoal is 24th April 2017 23:59 PM.

There are a lot of rewards in that tier other than the actual "create an item" reward.

So who gets them? This will be parallel to the additional rewards form the "creat a pirate party" tier, with the exception that this time the rewards will go to the donator with the second highest amount.

Because the donator with the highest amount already gets the additional rewards from the "creat a pirate party" tier.

If there are multiple donators who come close to having donated the second highest amount then they can share the rewards if they can reach a peaceful agreement on who gets what.

What if we fail to raise $5750?

Then I buy additional copies of the game from our surplus money and put them into a lottery for our donators.

What if we reach more than $5750?

Then that surplus of money will be used to buy additional copies for a lottery.

NOW, let the ideas spread and your mind spin of what awesome item we could give to our pirate group!!!

• Like 6

Hell, yeah!

NOW, let the ideas spread and your mind spin of what awesome item we could give to our pirate group!!!

Oo, oo!

Maybe a black cape, that has a pirate skull on it?

Or better yet, the Black Isle logo, but that would be too far, methinks.

Just add some neat properties aaaaand done.

j/k

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Pirate flag to fly on the ship?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Pirate flag to fly on the ship?

The tier "create an item" says it's a piece of equipment. So I think it's for a character.

The flag should actually be part of our already funded "create a pirate party" tier. Because that includes the pirate party AND the ship.

What about a wooden leg then?

Seriously, if it's an item then you'd probably look at something like a cloak, sabre, musket or headwear of some sort - a turban for example. I'd prefer a cloak with the logo if possible. Not sure what everyone else wants? Maybe a poll with a couple of options...

Re: the flag, I was thinking of a banner with some properties. Not sure if the stronghold (ship) will have the same sort of properties ie: prestige and security, but if it did then the flag could boost the stats in some way. Hopefully we will get some sort of flag out of this, though I'd rather didn't spend to many resources on it.

Lord of Light

Well personally I would like a weapon made of obsidian...

But yeah keep the ideas coming then we can set up a poll.

• Like 3