Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

Of course should we do make it to $5750 then we would go for the "create an item tier" and give our pirate crew an awesome piece of equipment ;)

• Like 5

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

1.) I will close the funding of the BIB at $4900 and donate the missing $100 myself to make sure we get exactly $5000.

2.) Another idea is that I buy additional Add-Ons from the surplus money and we give them away in a lottery among all

our donators (except myself because I would handle the lottery).

Let me know what you think. I'm also open to new suggestions.

Well, even if you will try to get more than our initial goal, there is always a possibility that you will end up with some additional funding that cannot go to Obsidian in any way. So I'd say close the funding near the 5k ($4,999 would be the best option) and throw in that 1 dolar yourself.

But I do understand that additional goals are tempting ;)

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Is there no way the BIB PayPal could be left open for as long the post-fig campaign is running? Which according to the latest fig-update ends in 21 days?

So that people who were hoping for an official donation option could chip in for the 4.75M sea monsters and fishing goal and the 5M 8th companion goal?

Of course should we do make it to $5750 then we would go for the "create an item tier" and give our pirate crew an awesome piece of equipment ;)

Totally! Here comes the cat o'nine tails! Or the Bastard Sword of course... ;)

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Totally! Here comes the cat o'nine tails! Or the Bastard Sword of course... ;)

A BASTARD Sword made of Obsidian...? Which would be BLACK...

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 7

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I so wish this would be like a craftable fine bastard sword, but with one additional effect (given how chastened and battle-worn we Black Isle Bastards are):

Obsidian Bastard Sword: User immune to poison/disease effects.

Here's a list of monsters I dug up which would be affected:

Monsters whose normal attacks have an additional effect that counts as Poison/Disease

• Crystal Eater
  • Crystal Eater Spiderling
  • Disease Pudding
  • Gul
  • Ice Troll
  • Ivory Spiderling
  • Ivory Spinner
  • Menpwgra
  • Pwgra
  • Skuldr
  • Spider Queen
  • Troll
  • Vithrack
  • Vithrack Exarch
  • Wicht
  • Widowmaker Spiderling
  • Widowmaker
  • Wood Beetle

Monsters who have a special ability that counts as Poison/Disease (ability name listed in brackets)

• Corrupted Druids (Touch of Rot)
  • Dank Spore / Giant Dank Spore / Swamp Spore (Spore Disease)
  • Dargul (Weakening Rend)
  • Lagufaeth (Blowgun)
  • Menpwgra (Spreading Plague)
  • Spider Queen (Binding Web; her Binding Web differs from the normal one in that it adds a Raw DoT effect)

Hmm, perhaps, it would be too powerful, hehe. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Is there no way the BIB PayPal could be left open for as long the post-fig campaign is running? Which according to the latest fig-update ends in 21 days?

So that people who were hoping for an official donation option could chip in for the 4.75M sea monsters and fishing goal and the 5M 8th companion goal?

I am not sure I understand this.

Why exactly should the BIB PayPal be left open until the end of the post-fig campaign?

You could "chip in" now, couldn't you?

My bad, sorry, should have made it clearer the first time.

Seeing that the BIB fundraiser is scheduled to close up shop 6 days before Obsidian's (04/26 according to yesterdays update) I was just wondering if it could be repurposed as the requested general donation option Obsidian doesn't want to offer for whatever reason.

Funds going in until the 20th would still be used exclusively for BIB-related content while everything being donated after the 20th up until the 26th would count as general donations and towards reaching the remaining stretch goals.

Hi Fedan,

as much as I understood after the time is up and we are not by 5k, Fluffle will send back our money.

This is why he stops funding earlier, so that everyone will have plenty of time to give their bucks to Obsidian anyway if they want.

I understood this way, correct me if wrong.

Hungarian localization in progress  :w00t:

My bad, sorry, should have made it clearer the first time.

Seeing that the BIB fundraiser is scheduled to close up shop 6 days before Obsidian's (04/26 according to yesterdays update) I was just wondering if it could be repurposed as the requested general donation option Obsidian doesn't want to offer for whatever reason.

Funds going in until the 20th would still be used exclusively for BIB-related content while everything being donated after the 20th up until the 26th would count as general donations and towards reaching the remaining stretch goals.

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here.

The funds with which we pay the Black Isle Bastards do count of course for the post-fig Pillars of Eternity 2 campaign.

The $5000 will add to that campaign of course.

That's why I said than you could chip in now. There is no reason to wait.

And by donating here right now, you support both projects at once. You support the Black Isle Bastards AND the post-fig campaign.

Hi Fedan,

as much as I understood after the time is up and we are not by 5k, Fluffle will send back our money.

This is why he stops funding earlier, so that everyone will have plenty of time to give their bucks to Obsidian anyway if they want.

I understood this way, correct me if wrong.

Yeah that was the original intend. And if people had wanted to collect money on a lower tier we would have had some time still.

But I am pretty positive now, that we are going to make it.

• Like 1

OK, so extending the BIB fundraiser beyond the 20th is definitely out of the question, got it.

Repurposing the BIB PayPal into a kind of semi-official, off-site donation option for the remaining 6 days (21th-26th) of the official post-fig campaign probably wouldn't have attracted and prompted that many people to donate anyway, if you think about it - no offense.

Good luck with the remainder of the fundraiser then, looks like you're going to make it in any case.

OK, so extending the BIB fundraiser beyond the 20th is definitely out of the question, got it.

Repurposing the BIB PayPal into a kind of semi-official, off-site donation option for the remaining 6 days (21th-26th) of the official post-fig campaign probably wouldn't have attracted and prompted that many people to donate anyway, if you think about it - no offense.

Good luck with the remainder of the fundraiser then, looks like you're going to make it in any case.

Our deadline is there to get the BIB funded. If they get funded by the deadline then of course we can continue to collect money for add ons for example.

Personally I am not sure why people would hold off so that they can donate from the 21st to the 26th, but not before.

Maybe in some countries the pay checks come in that time?

The 60th backer has joined our cause. Not everyone who donates here, also posts here.

So I would like to use this opportunity to thank everyone who donates but prefers to stay anonymous or who simply doesn't bother to post here :)

Thank you very much, your contributions do help us, as do all contributions. And you are part of our cause just as well :)

• Like 6

Man - 1332 bucks from one donator - can't compete with that. ;)

Superawesome by the way!

And now the donations fly in like bees into their hive on a sunny afternoon. Love it!

Yeah, at this point I feel like the captain of the BIBs kinda has to be anonymous. ^_^

But... but... I thought I was the captain... ;(
53697461.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Like 5

Free games updated 3/4/21

Added my doubloon to the chest, cheers.

Thank you Knagur! Welcome on board! Arrr! :skull:

• Like 1

Increased my pledge! Let's show em what this dastardly crew can do!

@Aarik D: That's wonderful! You Obsidz rock, as in rocking our boat, in a cool pirate-y way. ;)

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***