Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

(...) we also received another batch of $333 from our mysterious very generous donator who only donates in batches of $333 which he has done now for the fourth time!

(...)

And a very special thank you to our mysterious donator :thumbsup:

I think this is an open secret, but whatever ;)

Yay for us!

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

(...) we also received another batch of $333 from our mysterious very generous donator who only donates in batches of $333 which he has done now for the fourth time!

(...)

Yay for us!

Actually I have no idea who that is (I mean on this forum). I can assure it is NOT me.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 4

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

(...)

Yay for us!

Actually I have no idea who that is (I mean on this forum). I can assure it is NOT me.

Feargus?!      :shrugz:

• Like 4

I think it would be wise to avoid speculation unless you really know. :)

In other news, pirates plundered my Paypal purse, once again.

• Like 6

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Man - 1332 bucks from one donator - can't compete with that. ;)

Superawesome by the way!

And now the donations fly in like bees into their hive on a sunny afternoon. Love it!

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Superawesome by the way!

And now the donations fly in like bees into their hive on a sunny afternoon. Love it!

Yeah, at this point I feel like the captain of the BIBs kinda has to be anonymous. ^_^

Superawesome by the way!

Yeah, at this point I feel like the captain of the BIBs kinda has to be anonymous. ^_^

But... but... I thought I was the captain... ;(

• Like 6

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

There is one last issue I would ask everyone to think about.

Originally I said when we get more than $5000 I would donate any surplus money to Obsidian as a "free donation".

Now, there is a problem because there is not going to be such an option.

So how do we make sure we stop exactly at $5000?

And what do we do if we pass that? What if we end up with $5050? Or $5250?

The next interesting tier would be at $5750 and I rather doubt that we will make it that far.

So what do we do with the surplus money if we get more than $5000 but less than $5750?

I have two ideas myself:

1.) I will close the funding of the BIB at $4900 and donate the missing $100 myself to make sure we get exactly $5000.

2.) Another idea is that I buy additional Add-Ons from the surplus money and we give them away in a lottery among all

our donators (except myself because I would handle the lottery).

Let me know what you think. I'm also open to new suggestions.

PS: We have reached 90% HURRAY! You are awesome! Thank you very much!!!

• Like 8

Whoever this gentleman, who is also most likely very attractive is deserves alot of praise for his/her example.
Rumour has it this lady or gentlemen is either also extremely bodacious or exceptionally well endowed. In fact, anonymous sources (whom I can't here disclose) confirm these rumours to be true. Praise to our wonderful benefactor :)

P.S. Regarding your question Fluffle, I would vote for option two. I wouldn't want you to spend more money on this than you would otherwise want. You've already done so much :).

Edited by gogocactus
  • Like 2

Magrans flaming ****!

In the back of my head I was worried we wouldn't make it. But we are so close!

I wish I could spare some more, but alas, money is to tight. Such is the life of

On that note, I do have a question.

What will the actually crew of the Black Bastards be like?
(Sorry if this has already been stated, 25 pages is a lot to read!)

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

I also vote for the second option. I probably missed it, but why cant there be a general donation option in case we pass 5000$?

Have a look at the last two pages of this thread.

Also:

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

Hi guys!

We are continually improving the Backer Portal, I don't believe we'll have a "pledge what you want" tier, but we may have something that will be to that effect.

And since then there was no official mention of a "pledge what you want" option.

On that note, I do have a question.

What will the actually crew of the Black Bastards be like?

(Sorry if this has already been stated, 25 pages is a lot to read!)

That is up to Obsidian ;)

Feel free to hand in ideas any time, and when many people like them I can submit them to Obsidian.

But the general idea is that the design of the BIB is up to Obsidian.

In other words, we don't know yet... ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, the poll results will be handed in to Obsidian as well of course. But Obsidian is not bound to them.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

I also vote for the second option. I probably missed it, but why cant there be a general donation option in case we pass 5000$?

Have a look at the last two pages of this thread.

Also:

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

Hi guys!

We are continually improving the Backer Portal, I don't believe we'll have a "pledge what you want" tier, but we may have something that will be to that effect.

And since then there was no official mention of a "pledge what you want" option.

OK cool, sorry, I guess I missed that part.

God damn guys, I was going to throw in $20 after I got my paycheck but at this rate I won't need to. I'll donate to surplus though of you guys are doing that.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Fluffle, simple option: why don't you keep the surplus money? You had so much work and I guess you donated more than there will be excess money. I would be cool with it. Or other suggestion: let us give the money to the kitty (money pool for buying coffee/tee and stuff) of OBS employees?

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Fluffle, simple option: why don't you keep the surplus money? You had so much work and I guess you donated more than there will be excess money. I would be cool with it. Or other suggestion: let us give the money to the kitty (money pool for buying coffee/tee and stuff) of OBS employees?

Ha, thanks for the offer, but no, that would feel wrong to me.

Donations to this cause should be used for this cause ;)

We can't give it to the "kitty" because that is the problem. There is currently no way to give Obsidian any money for free.

Which, given that we still would like to reach some stretch goals, is not so ideal, really.

See more here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91194-paypal-backing/page-10

And actually if there was a way to give Obsidian the surplus money for free I would want it to count for the stretch goals of course!

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 4

If you would like to organise a small lottery for any stretch goals, might I suggest using any spare money to buy surplus game keys? That way, Obsidian would make more money, sales of PoE 2 would increase and lottery winners could gift the game to family and friends.

It's just a thought. I liked the lottery idea anyway, no matter what add-ons you would get. If there is an equivalent to the PoE cookbook or some other quirky and fun yet useful item that would also work well.

• Like 3

If you would like to organise a small lottery for any stretch goals, might I suggest using any spare money to buy surplus game keys? That way, Obsidian would make more money, sales of PoE 2 would increase and lottery winners could gift the game to family and friends.

I like this idea. I have several friends I would love to give a copy too, myself.

• Like 3

I like this idea. I have several friends I would love to give a copy too, myself.

Sounds good to me :)

• Like 1