Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

Perhaps the people who funded $50 or more will get recognized. If the number of $50 backers is less than 50 then whatever space leftover will be picked at random from a pool of people who bid under $50.

$50 secures your recognition. If you bid under that $50 and their is space available you might still get on the ship.

Maybe the top five backers get to design a NPC. The ones below that get on the loot list ($50 and more). The ones under the $50 are chosen at random to be on the loot list if space is available.

I mean yeah, it would suck if you bid your max of say $40 and someone bid $2 and got on the loot list; but that's just the nature of that raffle.

Or if there is still space available you start working backwards down the pay list. So if you bid $40 you are in a better position than someone who bid $10.

Anyway, just kicked in another $45.04. Which gives me $65.13 donated. I'll probably kick out $34.87 near the end to give me a even $100 donated.

Edited by Mirokunite
  • Like 1

Higher pledge could mean that your chances are higher. Like if you bought more than one lottery ticket.

That way even the guys who donated not so much (but for them it's a lot of money) will have a chance at least. Just an idea. I also don't want to divide the community with this. I just like the ledger idea a lot.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Perhaps the people who funded $50 or more will get recognized. If the number of $50 backers is less than 50 then whatever space leftover will be picked at random from a pool of people who bid under $50.

$50 secures your recognition. If you bid under that $50 and their is space available you might still get on the ship.

Maybe the top five backers get to design a NPC. The ones below that get on the loot list ($50 and more). The ones under the $50 are chosen at random to be on the loot list if space is available.

I mean yeah, it would suck if you bid your max of say $40 and someone bid $2 and got on the loot list; but that's just the nature of that raffle.

Or if there is still space available you start working backwards down the pay list. So if you bid $40 you are in a better position than someone who bid $10.

Anyway, just kicked in another $45.04. Which gives me $65.13 donated. I'll probably kick out $34.87 near the end to give me a even $100 donated.

Higher pledge could mean that your chances are higher. Like if you bought more than one lottery ticket.

That way even the guys who donated not so much (but for them it's a lot of money) will have a chance at least. Just an idea. I also don't want to divide the community with this. I just like the ledger idea a lot.

This would also mean a lot of effort and time on my part.

I would have to track how much each of the donators donated. And put them in categories of who is allowed to do what, and keep track of that.

And if someone pledges more I would have to change their tier so to say.

Or I would have to assign lottery tickets to everyone with a different probability and each time they increase their pledge they'd have a higher probability in relation to everyone else. So if someone changes their pledge ALL probabilities of everyone change, because the overall probability is always 1 (respectively 100%).

I am sorry to say, independently from whether the ideas are "good" or "bad" they mean A LOT of effort and time for me.

So I would say let us keep this as simple as possible.

Let's stay one group. Don't let's do this dividing.

There should be a minimal pledge required for participating in ALL the options. Like I said possibly $10 or $20.

You should not increase your pledge to get privileged rights. You should pledge because you'd like the Black Isle Bastards to come true.

Privileging individuals to design an NPC and excluding everyone else is very much against the nature of the idea of this project.

That's exactly what we didn't want.

I am sorry but I'd rather not support this. I feel this is somehow going in the wrong direction.

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Don't worry, Fluffle. All I care about is to get this project succesful. Because I've spent $80 during the FIG campaing (it's really a *lot* for me to be honest), so I have little more to spare for the BIB crew. I already made 3 pledges for this cause, something about $10 in total, but will continue to pledge more, if I can, when I can, untill the deadline. And I will do it to help this thing come to life, not because I need some "recognition". If I pass the minimal recognition pledge by the way, OK cool, but if I don't - I don't. We better focus on achieving our 5k goal first.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Just donated $33.79 to bring our total to $3333.33.

Which means we need to donate around $59.52 each day to make this happen. Or everyone who has thus donated giving a extra $33.34

My total donated: $98.92

Also just realized this gives us a average backer amount of $66.6666~

Edited by Mirokunite
  • Like 2

So here is my suggestion for ingame recognition:

Requirements:

You have donated at least $10 to our cause.

Then you are eligible for individual ingame recognition. There will be no guarantees.

You can pick two of the following four categories:

- description of robbed individual

- specific lore friendly name of robbed individual

- robbed individual's fate

- taken possessions

Make sure that your overall message does not exceed 80 characters.

The list has only 50 free slots. So we will only be able to give individual recognition to 50 donators.

If more than 50 donators submit entries then Obsidian can choose the ones they like best INDEPENDENTLY of how much any donator pledged to our cause.

Obsidian is also free to alter/change/adjust your entry to be lore-friendly if they think that's appropriate/necessary.

I have a given this a lot of thought and this is the suggestion I feel most comfortable with. You don't buy privileges this way.

This way it's really just for fun like it ought to be. And it limits my time and efforts for management.

And I would still have a lot of work to do managing all these entries.

Also once we reach $5000 this offer will NOT be eligible anymore for new donators!

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 4

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

And one important thing is, you don't "buy" the individual ingame recognition.

You have donated at least $10 and as a token of appreciation you are eligible for individual ingame recognition. But you don't buy any kind of "right" to be recognized in the game. It's a voluntary token of appreciation to you for donating. It's not a product you buy.

Let's not lose our focus here. As much as you may like the thought of being immortalized into the game, the higher priority should always be the Black Isle Bastards.

Which means we need to donate around $59.52 each day to make this happen. Or everyone who has thus donated giving a extra $33.34

Thank you a lot for your contributions!

You have made one mistake though ;)

You didn't take into account the PayPal transaction fee.

So no, we are not at $3333 :p

We are at $3331.71 ;)

• Like 1

Thank you a lot for your contributions!

You have made one mistake though ;)

You didn't take into account the PayPal transaction fee.

So no, we are not at $3333 :p

We are at $3331.71 ;)

So $1.62? What would be the right amount to cover the transaction fee to make it all 3's.

• Like 1

Personally I am not that interested in personal recognition, and to be honest I can't imagine that it would be an issue for anyone, in particular the large donors. Obviously I don't want to speak on their behalf, but backing a project like this in the first place suggests that it's simply not an issue for them. Put another way, if they wanted some in game recognition I'd imagine that they would have pledged a large amount individually as opposed to a group donation. So, the issue really is to get this funded first - then worry about the fine print.

• Like 8

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Ow, there are transaction fees? I didn't know that (never used Paypal before). I'll give a little bit more than 10 next month then. How much is the fee?

As for the whole "recognition" thing: I have other suggestions.

-Not have "ourselves" recognized but create imaginary victims of the Bastards. We could even pair up (as in make a team of two) to create this victim, its name/loot/other information we can put in.

-Have "ourselves" recognized with lore-friendly names but also make a team of two so we combine names and/or loot, fate, and whatever. This way we can have more people in, and I think it's fun to do.

We could also just give people who agree the option to form a team or not (it might be too complicated for some people), that would leave more freedom for everyone while still giving the possibility to include more people in total in the ledger.

What do you think of this?

• Like 3

The team thing could work, it's a good idea. Just do divide the bibs into teams, (no idea how many there are in total) and let each team come up with their entry into the ledger. At least everyone would be a part of the process. As to how many in a team would depend on how many bibs there are v how many entries there are. Not sure how easy it is going to be in practice though, it's kinda like writing a haiku by committee.

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Wanted in on this but having trouble with PayPal.  :unsure:

Lost my account somehow so I created a new one, but they won't let me link the same bank account/credit card since it's still associated with the lost account. I could open up a new bank account I suppose, but what a hassle. I've asked PayPal about it well over a week ago now, haven't gotten a reply back.

No other payment options hmmm? 

Wanted in on this but having trouble with PayPal.   :unsure:

Lost my account somehow so I created a new one, but they won't let me link the same bank account/credit card since it's still associated with the lost account. I could open up a new bank account I suppose, but what a hassle. I've asked PayPal about it well over a week ago now, haven't gotten a reply back.

No other payment options hmmm? 

Yeah, paypal is a real bitch when you need to recover it. I had to make a new account. Luckily, I used my old card for the old paypal. I think the easiest path is to borrow someone's paypal, transfer them the amount directly and let them use paypal. Starting a new account or getting a new card seems like too much hassle.

• Like 2

Well I don't really care about the recognition, I'm just happy to be a part of this croudfund and making something LEGEN- wait for it -DARY!
I hope we will get to the final point and make the BIB a thing :)

Sorry for the offtopic, but I really must do this - WE HAVE THE BIB BADGES, ARRRRRR!

• Like 2

Well, I wanted to give this lovely crew of ours a final push towards the finish line, so I added another donation of 42 dollars. Every dollar counts, eh landlubbers?

• Like 7

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well, I wanted to give this lovely crew of ours a final push towards the finish line, so I added another donation of 42 dollars. Every dollar counts, eh landlubbers?

Yep. Although if everyone who has backed thus far donates $32.35 we'll have our goal.

Looks like you guys are gonna make it :)

Looks like this actually has a chance to happen!!!

VERY COOL

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...