Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

Funded! This looks awesome!  I could be a Goldpact Knight type for the crew ;) lol if its done that way.

PS I didnt get the option for the Forum Badge.  Where is it?

sorry man I am at work i got the jist of it and funded. I will lol

Hi Torm51, welcome to our lovely bastardly crew ;)

I saw that you made two donations. First of all thank you for that, but I urge you to read through the opening post thoroughly first.

I also noted that your second donation was exactly $8. So you obviously thought you could get the BIB badge here.

If you look at the title of this thread and if you read the opening post, you will see that the badge has nothing to do with this.

So I offer you to refund the $8 if you'd like that. You can then actually spend them on the badge.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Is the backer portal already working for some of you? I still get the message:

"Attention Fig Backers!

If you are a Fig backer, please continue to manage your pledge through Fig's portal. Your pledges from Fig will be imported soon and we'll notify you via e-mail when we're ready. Stay tuned!"

Is that normal?

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

So I have had some nice and long chat with Aarik again.

So first of all there cannot be any promises about such a list that we were talking of at this point. MAYBE later.

At the moment they simply cannot make any promises on this matter.

Another matter is donator recognition in the credits of the game.

As far as I have understood Aarik, there will be a recognition for us, the "forum Black Isle Bastards" as a whole.

We would just need to decide how we would like to get addressed as a group in the game's credits.

And if anyone would like to get a special, individual mention in the game's credits that would require a donation of $100 to this cause.

Why $100? Because that was the amount of the respective tier in the FIG campaign that offered individual credits.

• Like 2

Ok I ready the entire thing after work and understand.  No worries keep the 58 bucks this is a great idea and I am happy to be on board.  This is a great community so I am happy to contribute!  I definitely backed Deadfire so I should have the badge.  I am backer 20,029! lol

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 5

Have gun will travel.

I don't care for the credits at all. If the BIBs are mentioned as a whole group that's totally cool with me.

But seriously - if we compile said list and make it so that it's nice and not too goofy then putting it into the game (with a bit of lecturing) shouldn't be too hard. I mean other ship crew donators will also be able to place crewmembers and put items and certain stuff on their crew. So a ledger with some text in it shouldn't be too much to ask for, or is it?

The CRPG in the Salty Mast has a guestbook with all the weird backer names in it. That did not seem to be a problem for OBS.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok I ready the entire thing after work and understand.  No worries keep the 58 bucks this is a great idea and I am happy to be on board.  This is a great community so I am happy to contribute!  I definitely backed Deadfire so I should have the badge.  I am backer 20,029! lol

Cool - but it's not enough to back Deadfire. You'd have to upgrade your pledge by 8$, using the forum batch addition you can choose as an addon.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I read the entire thing again and still dont see where i can give the additional 8$ Dont know what happened to my IQ lol can someone send me a link?  I dont have the option on Fig it just shows my pledge..dont see where to upgrade it.  Sorry guys lol 

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I don't care for the credits at all. If the BIBs are mentioned as a whole group that's totally cool with me.

But seriously - if we compile said list and make it so that it's nice and not too goofy then putting it into the game (with a bit of lecturing) shouldn't be too hard. I mean other ship crew donators will also be able to place crewmembers and put items and certain stuff on their crew. So a ledger with some text in it shouldn't be too much to ask for, or is it?

The CRPG in the Salty Mast has a guestbook with all the weird backer names in it. That did not seem to be a problem for OBS.

The problem is mainly that at this point the game is still in production phase as far as I have understood Aarik.

So ideas may change. The team still may change their minds what they want to have in the game or not etc.

The problem is not that it's too hard or impossible. And it's not too much to ask either. They simply cannot make promises at this time.

And I don't know how things worked in PoE1. I don't know WHEN that list of the backer names was given in the production phase of PoE 1.

Also I guess that not everything that applied on PoE1 will apply on PoE2.

From what I gathered, at this point, it's too early for the team to make promises, that's all. It may still happen.

It may not. And yes that would be disappointing I admit.

The important message is however that they haven't refused the idea. The main problem is that at this point of time they can't make any promises on that matter.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

I read the entire thing again and still dont see where i can give the additional 8$ Dont know what happened to my IQ lol can someone send me a link?  I dont have the option on Fig it just shows my pledge..dont see where to upgrade it.  Sorry guys lol 

For the BIB forum badge? You needed to select the appropriate addon when you pledged on Fig. As far as I can tell, you can't add this to your current Fig pledges, however you can make a new Slacker pledge via the Obsidian portal, select the lowest tier (Obsidian Initiate) then select the "Join the Black Isle Bastards Crew" addon for $8. I'd suggest waiting until Fig pledges are moved over to the Obsidian portal however, as hopefully once this happens you'll be able to add this addon to your main pledge without paying the $5 for Obsidian Initiate.

• Like 4

So, I just got confirmed for some work (yay), meaning I'll have some extra funds to spare, meaning... I'll pitch in probably next week (first pay check and all).

As for in-game recognition, cool idea, but I'm not tied to it. My name will already be in the VIP credits, so I'm good.

Personally, I'd rather that we pitch a common backstory or general setting for the BIB. For example, a crew of ten or twelve beached pirates with quirky attitudes who need to rescued. (Just an example)

• Like 5

So, I just got confirmed for some work (yay)

Congrats for the job!

Torm51: wait a few days so your pledge will be transferred to the backer portal, the BIB badge will be available then.

Edited by Pinsalinj
  • Like 2

Well if it has to be $100 to get backer recognition I'd do it.

Maybe have the credits be like:

Obsidian Forums Black Isle Bastards

"list of people who backed $100 or more"

"And all the rest of the crew."

Unrelated post.

Pirate: You know, this whole plan is just attracting a bunch of goobers.
Pirate Captain: What do their shoes look like?
Pirate: Seems kind of stupid doing this whole thing for shoes.
Pirate Captain: It's not just for shoes. It's for...
Pirate: and for what? This bananarama tape with no case? We really scored big on that one, didn't we, buddy?

Full disclosure - I haven't donated.  I plan to come April. 

That being said, I do not want any in-game "recognition".  Are any of the other "super backer" pledges getting in game recognition?  Based on the $5k Build a Pirate Party description, this level gets to "create a band of pirates and design your own ship".  "Your name appears in the Gold Backer section of in game credits".  I see no mention of people getting in game recognition for selecting this level of pledge.  If I donate $5k and purchase my own Pirate Party, I don't get any in game recognition, I don't see how this community effort differs from an individual's $5k pledge perks.

That being said, I think the only name that should appear in the credits is "Black Isle Bastards" - anyone who donated knows they are a part of this community.

Edited by mistermannindy
  • Like 2

Full disclosure - I haven't donated.  I plan to come April. 

That being said, I do not want any in-game "recognition".  Are any of the other "super backer" pledges getting in game recognition?  Based on the $5k Build a Pirate Party description, this level gets to "create a band of pirates and design your own ship".  "Your name appears in the Gold Backer section of in game credits".  I see no mention of people getting in game recognition for selecting this level of pledge.  If I donate $5k and purchase my own Pirate Party, I don't get any in game recognition, I don't see how this community effort differs from an individual's $5k pledge perks.

That being said, I think the only name that should appear in the credits is "Black Isle Bastards" - anyone who donated knows they are a part of this community.

Well if you pledged $5000 and named your pirate captain mistermannindy and the boat "mistermannindy's leaky bathtub" you'd effectively get in game recognition. ;)

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Exactly.

Also, as we said, we do not plan to put real life names in it but stuff that fits better into the game world. So "recognition" may be the wrong term. It's just a little nod and it seems so be fun.

And it's a way how every donator can leave a small mark because he/she won't be able to influence the crew/ship appearance at all like a 5k backer could do.

Since there's a guestbook in the CRPG then it's at least ok to ask for something similar (but less silly) in PoE2.

• Like 6

If you need credit this can be arranged I guess. :) I (or maybe somebody else if they are willing) would donate for you and you could give it back later.

I won't let this project fail just because of a 5 day gap.

• Like 4

If you need credit this can be arranged I guess.

Hi good sir or madam Boeroer. I am a nigerian prince. My huge inheritance of more than 100.000.000 million US dollars will be at my disposal the first of May 2017. I would like to invest in Pillars of Eternity version 2, but as for now my enormous assets are frozen. 

All I need of you good sir or madam is a small donation to this just enterprise of 1839,88 dollars. On the first of May 2017 I will email you the investment back plus 100.000 US dollars in interest. 

Sincerly Nigerian Prince

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 7