Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

No matter what fate falls upon the Black Isle Bastards, your songs will live on for as long there is someone to sing your tales! 

I'll make a plug on the stream today to help support the Black Isle Bastards! 

Great then I will hurry to allow refunds if we fail.

Because I don't want newcomers to this to be turned off by the "No refund" rule which has no grounds anymore anyway because it was based on a wrong assumption about PayPal.

So big announcement: If we fail to raise the $5000 by the time that the deadline - which is yet to be announced - has arrived, then all donations will be fully refunded!

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 4

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

And when I said "Great" I meant AWESOME Aarik, thank you very very much :D

• Like 4

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

So I've decided to put in $100 in March, if not more. Let's here it for the Bastards!

Also, this felt appropriate (but is definitely NSFW):

Edited by illathid
  • Like 2

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

now that we know that the new stronghold will be a ship, and that we can customize the flag said ship flies, perhaps a good reward for backing the black bastards is to be able to use their flag on your own ship in game

if there is no copyright concern the flag could be like the old black isle logo

Edited by Whosdriving
  • Like 4

Man, I stumbled on my words a bit there when plugging the BIBs! lol

I didn't think you stumbled much at all. Thanks for the plug though!

• Like 2

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Just donated and voted, and wanted to throw in my 2 cents...

I really like the idea of the B.I.B.'s being a more comical crew of "failed pirates" - some comedic diversion in the midst of a game that deals with some heavy topics.

It would be funny to have them be so drunk all the time that they can't even speak straight, and have the PC be able to be "adopted" as an honorary member for his/her legendary ability to hold his/her liquor (if the Player so chooses). 

Thanks, Fluffle, for putting this together!

How come the forum badge pledges don't count towards the $5000?

Yes, this question keeps coming up. I just explained it on discord and I just added this question to the F.A.Q.

I admit that it may be confusing.

Originally we had planned on crowd funding an island. We would have needed to raise $5000. And there was another problem: both island tiers had been taken already!

But we had a very strong support for a "Black Isle" on this forum and eventually Obsidian decided to give us the "Black Isle" for free, as a gift.

We didn't have to raise money for it AND they agreed on making the Black Isle DESPITE all island tiers already taken.

So the Black Isle Bastards forum badge serves as a token of appreciation and a thank you to Obsidian for giving us a whole island for free.

You may think it should have been a "Black Isle Badge" then - But we were going to found an order on this forum similar to the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

And our order here is called the "Black Isle Bastards".

Obsidian has given the "Black Isle Bastards" an actual "Black Isle" and buying the BIB forum badge is a thank you to them for the island and NOT for donating here.

We are discussing other ways of recognition in the game for donating here.

Feel free to share your ideas on that anytime.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 3

When I see how Fluffle posts from time to time on the fig comments section about our cause I'm ashamed I don't do more.

Fluffle Captain, from now on, I will write about the BIB on comment section every 2-3 hours, from 10:00-19:00 in GMT+1 timezone to help you in our mission :p

• Like 2

Well, I have been already called out for spamming about the Black Isle Bastards on the comment section of the FIG campaign. So...

It's time other people spam there (within reason!), not just me xD

• Like 1

Well, I have been already called out for spamming about the Black Isle Bastards on the comment section of the FIG campaign. So...

It's time other people spam there (within reason!), not just me xD

Yeah, I've seen it. Don't be discouraged. Peope ask the same questions over and over, so lots of them really don't read the older posts. If we don't get some warning or ban from the devs (we won't, right @Aarik D? :D) then we don't have to bother. The cause is rightious, and more people will see it then more can pledge. I will post the fits comment in about 15 minutes from now.

Also I will donate a bit more money tomorrow.

Peace!

• Like 2

I'll be donating to this come March. No questions. Only reason I haven't? I'm on SSI; I literally do not have any money until March 1st. At that point I will be able to spare, like...ten bucks.

Not much, but it's what I can do. You have no idea how much I had to sacrifice to pull off the thirty bucks to pledge to the games campaign. :(

• Like 5

I'll be donating to this come March. No questions. Only reason I haven't? I'm on SSI; I literally do not have any money until March 1st. At that point I will be able to spare, like...ten bucks.

Not much, but it's what I can do. You have no idea how much I had to sacrifice to pull off the thirty bucks to pledge to the games campaign. :(

Thanks mate, every help is appriciated.

Also, I've posted the call on fig comment section as I said. Next one in about 3 hours, now I must go back to work :p

• Like 2

Silly question but are we supposed to send you proof of payment? How do you pick up who has donated otherwise? @fluffle

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Silly question but are we supposed to send you proof of payment? How do you pick up who has donated otherwise? @fluffle

If that is the case, then no-problemo, but got mine in Polish ;)

You have been warned.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

That is a good question actually.

I cannot associate your names on PayPal with your nicknames here. However I do have your email addresses in PayPal.

So in case we decide on the kind of donor recognition in the game and on the minimum donation required for that recognition, then I can send

out emails and ask everyone to submit their input.

That was the plan. Good plan, bad plan? Let me know ;)

• Like 1