Rejoice! Black Isle Bastards 100% funded! Stretch goal: 55% funded! Thank you everyone!

Vote on the Black Isle Bastards  

252 members have voted

1. 1. How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

• The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants
    • The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards
    • The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem
    • No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards
    • other (please specify in the comments)
  2. 2. What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

• The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship
    • The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates
    • The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island
    • The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers
    • The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves
    • The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation
    • The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people
    • The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families
    • other (please specify in the comments)

Right. In addition to this:

Feel free to equip the party with any standard items / weapons from Pillars of Eternity 1. If you have other ideas for gear, feel free to include those as well, but we can't make any guarantees that non-standard items will make it in. 

If you want to include the special item as well just make sure to specify what item it is when it comes to send in your design to the team.

Please have a look here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91717-a-unique-item-for-the-black-isle-bastards-crew/

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Only 15 backers so far? Come ooon ye bastardy bros!

Open your hearrrts, rum barrrels and moneybags!

The biggest donator will get a special BIB build from me. Her/his name will be honorably mentioned a couple of times in the build description. This build will lick her/his boots (figuratively).

But listen: At the end of the day, the Boeroer design team is going to write the build - this isn't a way for the biggest donator to play fancy boisterous builder.
Gender, race, class, general direction, name, skilling and equipment of the build are debateable though. We will contact the supreme donator to set up the idea. There will be a lot of back and forth through email. It will be great. You'll love it. ;)
  • Like 5

Very happy to hear that funding our own lil' pirate crew will extend beyond the Fig campaign. That way I'll still be able to contribute. Arrr.

(By the way, doesn't it strike you people as weird that we are funding a pirate crew? I mean, shouldn't pirates be self-funding? Or are these, perhaps, extremely inefficient pirates? Inquiring minds need to know!)

• Like 2

I would so like to add some cash to your pile but I don't have paypal :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

At the bottom of the donation page there are some options how you could donate without a paypal account. In some countries it works via credit card or bank account. 

Edited by Boeroer

At the bottom of the donation page there are some options how you could donate without a paypal account. In some countries it works via credit card or bank account.

wut, where? I don't see anything like that

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Have a look at the red bordered thingy down below: :)

screenshot_paypal_without_account.png

That link "continue" can lead you to a page though where you are asked to create a PayPal account. It doesn't really make sense...

That said if you have a credit card it should be very easy to set up a PayPal account with it :)

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Yeah it depends on your country. In some it's possible to pay via bank account or credit card directly.

A paypal account is for free. Here in Germany for example it's sufficient to have a bank account - you don't even need a credit card.

Edited by Boeroer

Funny observation:

68 people who voted

15 people who donated

:brows:

I'm glad to see people are interested in this pirate crew anyway. Hopefully, more people will donate once we discuss and flesh out our ideas regarding the pirate crew and ship more :). That's something I'd like to contribute to once I'm a little less busy at work.

• Like 1

As a note: I will note remove certain poll options just because they MIGHT clash with some other backer content.

The poll is there that people can express their preferences. I already said in the F.A.Q. that Obsidian is not bound by the results of the poll.

So this poll is for people expressing what they would prefer. IF that becomes reality is a whole different matter and that will be decided by Obsidian Entertainment.

And even if I removed specific poll options now, people could still vote for "other" and then choose that removed poll option as their comment.

So I would even have to remove the "other" option. I will not take away the people's voices. And I will not meddle in a running poll to that degree.

I already said that I would only change the poll as rarely as possible.

It is not the job of the poll to avoid any possible conflict with other backer content. No, that is Obsidian's job after they get the poll results to which they are not bound anyway.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Have a look at the red bordered thingy down below: :)

screenshot_paypal_without_account.png

That link "continue" can lead you to a page though where you are asked to create a PayPal account. It doesn't really make sense...

That said if you have a credit card it should be very easy to set up a PayPal account with it :)

I dont see that optiion, probably disabled for my country sadly

Huh? Did you receive such requests?

Yes I did. And I wrote my answer in this thread because it might happen again.

Now, let's try to find a solution for Chilloutman.

@Chilloutman

Would you consider making a PayPal account? Or would you rather not do that?

Out of my head I don't know an alternative way, but I will think about it. Maybe someone else has an idea.

How do you see how many people have backed this? The next page or so of the above screen?

No, Fluffle edits his OP and updates the numbers. :)

Edit: oops, I was too late.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Hm... I can imagine it would suck a bit if somebody else had the same glorious idea with his backer content than we had. For example that backer spend 5000$ on an inn and wants to run it in an old ship. Two ship/inns wouldn't be very unique.

I'm sure we can find a good compromise then, right? We don't want to step on each others toes - even if they are made from wood. ;)

• Like 1

Hm... I can imagine it would suck a bit if somebody else had the same glorious idea with his backer content than we had. For example that backer spend 5000$ on an inn and wants to run it in an old ship. Two ship/inns wouldn't be very unique.

I'm sure we can find a good compromise then, right? We don't want to step on each others toes - even if they are made from wood. ;)

Yes, but the solution is not to change the poll. Removing options from the poll is like silencing people.

As I said if I remove one specific option from the poll then people could still vote for "other (please specify in the comments)" and they could then choose the deleted poll option as their comment.

So I would have to remove the "other" option too. Then nobody could vote for "other" anymore independently from why they would want to vote for it. That is not acceptable in my opinion.

We certainly can find solutions in some way. But changing a running poll is not an option for me, especially not when it resembles silencing people.

Edited by Fluffle

So to clarify, I am reacting the way I am because I was asked to remove one of the poll options to avoid possible conflict with another backer content. I see changing the poll as no solution whatsoever.

A solution is talking about the problem and finding a compromise.

This is also public speculation, open suggestion, might as well inspire one another, or both draw inspiration from the same or similar source. Of course, could just be hivemind telepathy too.

Ahoy there you salty bastards!

Just wanted to drop by and see how you are all doing and I have also contributed to the cause! 

We're are still working hard on getting the Backer Portal up and running so everyone can have the opportunity pledge for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. As for you guys, once you guys collect all of the funds, we will still accept your pledge even after the Fig campaign is completed.

There will be a deadline, but there is no set date at this moment. 

We here at Obsidian wish you all the best in your community crowdfunding for the Black Isle Bastards and hope to see them in the game! 

• Like 14