guessing of the 6th party...

But animancy is ~science~, not magic.

Yeah, if anything, it should be tied to skills and equipment, given its dependence on machines. In any case, its practitioners have already been shown to vary outside of rigid class lines. We've had Cipher animancers (Galvino), Priest animancers (Wymund), and Wizard animancers (Osrya) so far that I can think of, and I could be missing a few other types for all I know. 

As for an additional companion, I'll cast my vote for a wicht 

or Concelhaut's skull

again. Failing either of those, how about a vertically-challenged meadow folk rogue that everyone assumes is a dwarf before being harshly disabused of the notion in-game.

With codes and glyphs and grimoires.

Machines, actually. What you've described is just how wizardry works in the game already.

Edited by blotter

Faction representitives anybody?

That's a good point. Since the NPCs are supposed to be more significant to the central quest then tying them to the key players/factions involved seems like a worthwhile exercise. So my short non-dwarf meadow folk rogue could be Onekaza II's court jester. If the unnamed Moon/Sea Godlike is an Aruihi sympathizer, the rogue could've been sent to keep tabs on him.

Or maybe just chuck that idea altogether and add a boreal dwarf rogue/priest of Berath instead; we already know that Berath's supposed to play an important role in the plot and Naasitaq's supposed to be the largest nation in the deadfire. Given the one big city limit, having a representative from that area may be a way in which to get some perspective from that region if we're unlikely to explore it in depth.

When they were marketing Pillars of Eternity they used a Fire Godlike often, I think? When Jesse Cox was playing it at the Obsidian offices I think he made one "Flamey McFlamehead" or something, I only recall bits and pieces of it (point is, many digged the Fire Godlikes). I think this is the same, and heck, the same could apply to that Moon Godlike. It might be a representation of the Watcher, or a faction that's going to aid the Watcher, or it's the 6th Companion.

Here's another of the Fire Godlike (I'm assuming it's the same one):

pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire.jpg

​I don't see why they can't just make it a Moon Godlike Dwarf? Naasitaq is a big player in the region after all~

​Also:
- Pallegina (Paladin)
​- Aloth (Wizard)
- Eder (Fighter/Rogue)
​- Serafen (Cipher/Barbarian)
- Maia Rua (Ranger)
​- ??? (Druid, Chanter, or Druid/Chanter)
- Xoti (Monk/Priest)

In the images displayed in the fig campaign there appears to be another constant presence in the party: a horned fighter/barbarian that could be a fire godlike. Is that an 8th unannounced (yet) companion?

Huh? Where's that supposed to be?

Here: //Putting a spoiler here to compress the post a bit //

8th%20companion_zpsruwo3o9b.jpg

Faction representitives anybody?

From Update #13, Maia Rua's reveal:

Like Kana, her brother, she's a loyal Rauataian of Huana ancestry.​

I think the Moon Godlike is perhaps a steward or butler? :p

​More about Maia:

Her duties find her working with Atsura, a courtier and representative of the ranganui, on an ambitious campaign to win the hearts and minds of the Huana people.

That's probably the Moon dude? (I'm probably wrong, I'm just trying to see it in a "How could they make a Dwarf out of this?")

Edited by Osvir

I don't see why they can't just make it a Moon Godlike Dwarf?

It probably has to do with incorporating a native perspective into the potential party roster in the form of someone who has ties to the Huana, which is something that a Naasitaq dwarf wouldn't be able to offer.

• Like 1

I don't see why they can't just make it a Moon Godlike Dwarf?

It probably has to do with incorporating a native perspective into the potential party roster in the form of someone who has ties to the Huana, which is something that a Naasitaq dwarf wouldn't be able to offer.

Updated my post (or rather, I saw "New Reply" while I was editting). Maia Rua has ties to Huana (ancestry).

Maia Rua has ties to Huana (ancestry).

There's that, but ancestral ties don't translate to an insider's experience of the culture and her need to adapt to her present situation seems to emphasize this. I would expect her expectations and beliefs to to contrast significantly with the other aumaua even if they get along. I could be wrong, of course.

Her duties find her working with Atsura, a courtier and representative of the ranganui, on an ambitious campaign to win the hearts and minds of the Huana people.

That's probably the Moon dude?

The Ranga Nui are the leaders (or is the leader - singular. I don't remember which) of the Rauatai and the moon aumaua appears to be Huana, so I doubt it.

Edited by blotter

It is not the "Watcher". I think one of the developers confirmed in another thread that it is the 6th companion, saying it his favourite companion concept. Hoping they make it right, but I hate seeing too many godlikes walking around, =s. The backer NPCs left me with a bad taste for those types...

Looking forward for mountain dwarf and pale elf companions in the expansion...