I would imagine the artists will look at Polynesian features for inspiration for the natives of the Deadfire archipelago.

But It seems more likely that the unannounced companion is either a pale elf, and hence of bluish skin tone and Nordic temperament, or a mountain dwarf. I wouldn't be surprised by a dark skinned mountain dwarf though.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I would imagine the artists will look at Polynesian features for inspiration for the natives of the Deadfire archipelago.

But It seems more likely that the unannounced companion is either a pale elf, and hence of bluish skin tone and Nordic temperament, or a mountain dwarf. I wouldn't be surprised by a dark skinned mountain dwarf though.

we already have a blue orlan in poe2. so i guess it wont be blue again. so i believe it could be polynesian too.

Let's see:
MC - any race
Eder - Human Fighter/Rogue
Aloth - Elf Wizard
Pallegina - Godlike Paladin
Serafen - Orlan Cipher/Barbarian
Arquebus lady - Human(Aumaua?)​ Maia Rua - Aumaua Ranger
???? - Probably a Dwarf​ Moon Godlike Aumaua or Aumaua? (See Update #13)
Xoti - Human Monk/Priest

http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Pillars-of-Eternity-Deadfire-main.jpg

https://images.nowloading.co/images/c_limit,q_auto,w_710/hgkt3wmi7hjhy0yrrogu/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-news-trailers-release-date-everything-you-need-to-know.jpg

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=263#updates

​EDIT: No dwarf...?

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

Xoti actually is the character that i'm the most interested in compared to the the amaua female ranger with a pet hawk or the blue orlan dual-wielding pistols. so both of them considered as range companions i guess?

i kind of like hiravias character.. not sure about this blue orlan character though. as for the female amaua ranger.. hmm i would really love a character that resemble "neytiri" in the move "avatar". if she's a little slender and in blue.. i'd be in love :D .. also neytiri and neketaka.. they both sound quite.. close to each other :p

Edited by Archaven