guessing of the 6th party...

Actually she's both meadow and savannah... and she's got a farmer background

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Xoti

The wiki is wrong, official interviews/info dumps on various sites state she is an eothas worshiper.  As I recall Gaun is just an aspect of Eothas, like the Pallid Knight is just an aspect of Berath.  Also pretty sure she is savannah folk, not meadow.  Look at the skin tone/hair color, not to mention the name, also didn't they flat state that when she was announced?

Either way I find the funniest part is that Eder and Xoti apparently don't get along.  Makes me think she will probably be a little on the zealot side of things.

The 2nd fig update specifically says she's meadow folk/savannah folk.

nelson-simpsons-haha.jpg

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Actually she's both meadow and savannah... and she's got a farmer background

The wiki is wrong, official interviews/info dumps on various sites state she is an eothas worshiper. As I recall Gaun is just an aspect of Eothas, like the Pallid Knight is just an aspect of Berath. Also pretty sure she is savannah folk, not meadow. Look at the skin tone/hair color, not to mention the name, also didn't they flat state that when she was announced?

Either way I find the funniest part is that Eder and Xoti apparently don't get along. Makes me think she will probably be a little on the zealot side of things.

The 2nd fig update specifically says she's meadow folk/savannah folk.

nelson-simpsons-haha.jpg

So.... Savannah... XD

In the new Q and A Carrie mentions that one of the Tyranny writers is writing a chanter called something like 'Tokaygu'. Seeing as it is a Polynesian-sounding name, I think that's our moon godlike 6th companion 

Edit: It's around 22mins in the vid

Edited by Grimo88

Actually she's both meadow and savannah... and she's got a farmer background

The wiki is wrong, official interviews/info dumps on various sites state she is an eothas worshiper.  As I recall Gaun is just an aspect of Eothas, like the Pallid Knight is just an aspect of Berath.  Also pretty sure she is savannah folk, not meadow.  Look at the skin tone/hair color, not to mention the name, also didn't they flat state that when she was announced?

Either way I find the funniest part is that Eder and Xoti apparently don't get along.  Makes me think she will probably be a little on the zealot side of things.

She is​ an Eothas worshipper.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Eothas

Eothas has a another form, Gaun—a farmer carrying a lantern and sickle.

​Yes, it's Eothas other form, or Eothas "avatar" if you will. Someone who believes or have faith in the Pallid Knight, is essentially a worshipper of Berath as well. I'd be surprised if it says "Priest of Gaun" in-game. But then again, Pallegina was unique in being the only Avian Godlike in the first one *shrug*

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Berath

"The Pallid Knight" is a manifestation of Berath that has appeared in legends as a gaunt female knight with black armor and hair, and "milk-pale" skin.

​It's not "Pallid Knight and Berath are two different entity's" or "Gaun and Eothas are two different entity's". It's more or less "It's another outfit".

​EDIT:

Wait a minute :skeptical:

Edér is a human Eothasian farmer...

Xoti is a human Eothasian farmer...

Talking 'bout COPY PASTE :no:

They are clearly destined to be bunk buddies.

Edér is a human farmer from the Dyrwood

​Xoti is a human farmer from Readceras

​Sounds like Wakka, Rikku and Chappu (Final Fantasy X). "She's an Al Bhed!?!".

Edited by Osvir

Yeap, I did mention Gaun is just an aspect of Eothas, making her an Eothas worshiper.

Also it will not say priest of Gaun in game for a few reasons. 

1: Gaun is just an avatar.
2: The player can't be a priest of Gaun, but can be a priest of Eothas.
3: She can also be a straight monk :p, so no priest of anything.

Also, don't talk about Wakka, you are giving me nightmares.

• Like 1

Carrie confirmed in the last Q&A that there will be a chanter companion named Takehu, written by Paul Kirsch. (~21:45 in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RIfqALSLB8&t=17s

Knowing Pillars, his name may not even be spelled that way.

It's close ;)

Takahē XD

hahah... its like a pea****/chicken hybrid

Im wondering... with the potential 8th companion being a cipher, the chances are very high that the big blue guy ( :wub: ) is a chanter/ druid. Shark form please!

They have already said during one of the streams the 7th character is a godlike Aumaua Chanter.

I know that. But the chances are pretty high that the big blue guy can be both chanter or/ and druid, because we know basically nothing about him (apart from his appearance) and we know enough about the other companions to assume that they do not fit the druid concept very well.

Edited by L4wlight

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Im wondering... with the potential 8th companion being a cipher, the chances are very high that the big blue guy ( :wub: ) is a chanter/ druid. Shark form please!

They have already said during one of the streams the 7th character is a godlike Aumaua Chanter.

I know that. But the chances are pretty high that the big blue guy can be both chanter and druid, because we know basically nothing about him and we know enough about the other companions to assume that they do not fit into the druid concept very well.

They said that that the other companion (Taheku or some such was his name) was a Chanter.

Eder - fighter or rogue

Pallegina - Paladin

Aloth - Wizard

Xoti - priest or Monk

Orlan - Barbarian or Cipher (he may be a multiclass)

Amaua - Ranger

Blue guy - Chanter

^ 7 companions. They said nothing about the Druid. I'd like a Druid companion, but it may be the odd man out.

Well you'll be able to multi-class him as druid regardless. Just as you can make Eder a Rogue+Anything else.

That's true, but if his starting class would be locked to chanter, there would be no companion single class druid option.

Yeah. If they make him Chanter/Druid, then you have to pick one of those two, then can do anything for the second. Which would be a nice way to go.

• Like 1

Eder - fighter or rogue

Pallegina - Paladin

Aloth - Wizard

Xoti - priest or Monk

Orlan - Barbarian or Cipher (he may be a multiclass)

Amaua - Ranger

Blue guy - Chanter

^ 7 companions. They said nothing about the Druid. I'd like a Druid companion, but it may be the odd man out.

Yeah I was looking at it earlier and Druid is the one ignored class.

Between the sidekicks and companions there are...

Locked in Single Class on first level-

1 Chanter

1 Cipher

1 Fighter

1 Paladin

1 Ranger

1 Rogue

2 Wizards

Potential multiple class options on the first level-

1 Barbarian

1 Cipher

1 Fighter

1 Monk

1 Priest

1 Rogue

Conspicuously Absent....

Druid

Of course after the first level you can give them whatever you want.  But this is the base line.  That said if companion 8 happens, I would not be surprised if the replacement Sidekick were a Druid.  Also for anyone who is curious Companion 8 is the locked in Cipher.

EDIT - Sorry for all the edits changed my mind about formatting like 3 times :p

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1