Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Baseball 2017

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2497 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

$3.87 is how much 50 cents then would be in today's money

If anyone is curious like I was

Edited by ShadySands, 01 November 2017 - 12:27 PM.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8604 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

Kind of prophetic that they went with a space theme and now the next game 7 is them playing the Astros.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

In '65 project Gemini was big news and the Twins were i the WS. It just works as a space theme.

• Hurlshot likes this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts

Darvish does not have it tonight.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

• Members
  • 8604 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Darvish does not have it tonight.

That's an understatement. :p

Into the bullpen now for both squads. I hope Houston stays ahead, but I'm not betting on anything in this game.

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I always want the American League to win, and so I'm stoked.  I was ambivalent about the Astros vs. Dodgers, but I'm still glad the American League won.  Granted, the league has gone home winners over half the time, but almost half of that is the Yankees.  If there's one American League team I might like to see take a beating, it's the Yankees.  Not for personal reasons, but because they've got more World Series wins than the next two runners up combined.  rat bastards.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts

I always want the American League to win, and so I'm stoked.  I was ambivalent about the Astros vs. Dodgers, but I'm still glad the American League won.  Granted, the league has gone home winners over half the time, but almost half of that is the Yankees.  If there's one American League team I might like to see take a beating, it's the Yankees.  Not for personal reasons, but because they've got more World Series wins than the next two runners up combined.  rat bastards.

Someone once said "Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the House in blackjack"

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts

That throwing error to Darvish in the first was the back breaker it seems. It was all bad for the Dodgers after that, For all the drama of this series Game 7 didn't have much. Although a LOT of base runners got stranded last night.

But in terms of drama and lead changes this WS was a sight to see. I don't know if it was the best ever but it was certainly in the top 10.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts

I turned off the TV after the last out so I missed this: http://m.mlb.com/cut...orld-series-win

• Hurlshot, ShadySands and Epaminondas like this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts

The Pirates exercise their option on McCutchen. Smart money is they will still trade him: http://m.mlb.com/new...opicId=27118122 

Mashahiro Tanaka has declined to opt out and will be back with the Yankees next year. 

The Marlins have let Ichiro Suzuki go. He may have one more season in him though. But even if he does not he'll be in two halls of fame on each side of the Pacific. 

The Arizona Fall League All Star game is tonight. I'm going to watch and see the stars of tomorrow. Plus it's likely the last baseball game on TV until March.

The Winter Leagues in Mexico, the DR, Venezuela, and (maybe) Puerto Rico start at the end of the month. The Australian League starts in January. 

Houston had a party yesterday. Big time.

The Hot Stove will be firing up in a few weeks as free agents declare and restrictions on trades are lifted. Some big names will be tossed around. Giancarlo Stanton may be in LA, Eric Hosmer in Boston, and Japanese dual threat Shoeni Othani figures to make a splash. It will be interesting.

And that's it. It's all over. It's been a pleasure talking hardball with all of you. Nothing before us but football, hockey, and basketball. But it's ok.... pitchers and catchers report in 101 days!

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

• Members
  • 8604 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Stanton to SF!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts

Stanton to SF!

His career slg% in AT&T Park is .633, everywhere else it's .554. That thinner air helps. http://www.fangraphs...949&position=OF

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

• Members
  • 8604 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

He also wants to come here, which is a big deal, as not many sluggers want to play in SF.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2856 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
RIP Doc Halladay.