[Fig Campaign] Up your pledge by 8$ and get special forum badge! Join the Black Isle Bastards on this forum!

Yes many people already have their unique Obsidian Order title. And many people actually like the default titles of the forum.

That's why we went for the badge instead.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Raise high the Black Isle Banner!

Our time is now!

• Like 2

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

• 2 weeks later...

Russian gamer and fan of OBSIDIAN RPG is also with you, guys!   :w00t:

• Like 4

"Magic is Chaos, Art and Science. It is a curse, a blessing and a progression."

Yennefer of Vengerberg

Russian gamer and fan of OBSIDIAN RPG is also with you, guys!   :w00t:

Welcome, welcome on board! :)

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Finally got my Deadfire badges linked! Also was the Kickstarter badge and "add-on"? Because I definitely backed through KS but I don't have the badge. If it was an Add-on I know I only got the expansions. But otherwise I want my badge!

Finally got my Deadfire badges linked! Also was the Kickstarter badge and "add-on"? Because I definitely backed through KS but I don't have the badge. If it was an Add-on I know I only got the expansions. But otherwise I want my badge!

I believe the original Kickstarter badge came with any tier that included a copy of the original game. I got mine on the "Digital: Just the game!" tier, which is a non-indicative title as it included

• Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
Edited by Katarack21
  • Like 1

I'm in :D

Welcome on board! Here's your own personal, customized bottle of rum! *hands over*

Enjoy your stay!

• Like 2

I'm in :D

Welcome on board! Here's your own personal, customized bottle of rum! *hands over*

Enjoy your stay!

*passes customized bottle of rum to White Andromeda* I'm sober, weed is preferable :yes:

Edited by Nail
  • Like 3

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

So the deadline for the post fig campaign soon ends. I don't know if you'll still be able to get the BIB badge after that.

So get it while you can!

Sorry, $8 for a forum badge sounds a little excessive to me. Looks great though!

Yes I understand that point of view. And if you see it that way then you probably shouldn't buy it anyway.

The badge actually symbolizes two things:

1.) Obsidian has given us, their community, an island for free for which we would have to pay $5000 otherwise.

Granted, now that the island is for free, it will be a small one. But nevertheless it was a nice gesture of them, so

the BIB badge is to thank Obsidian for their gift.

2.) The BIB badge signifies the membership of the Black Isle Bastards here on the forum. We had a crowdfunding campaign running here to fund a pirate group and many people contributed and helped. With this badge they can show to others that they belong to us if they so wish.

But of course I have already been told reasons why people would rather not buy it and it's fine.

Personally I don't see it as a purchase. I see it as a thank you to Obsidian. But that is for everyone themselves to decide.

Edited by Fluffle

And not to forget 3.) of course:

3.) Originally everything started with the "Obsidian Order of Eternity" back then for the crowd funding of "Pillars of Eternity 1". The idea was to raise additional money for Obsidian with a funny idea. People back then were able to buy a membership to the Order and then choose a custom forum title. It was for fun but also with the goal to raise additional money for Pillars of Eternity 1.

So similarly, with buying the BIB badge you can show your extended, additional support to Obsidian.

Edited by Fluffle

Will there be exclusive items in the game, for Black Isle Bastards, inaccessible to other players? Such as Cloak of the Obsidian Order? 
I supported the Ultimate digital edition + DLC, can I expect to get all the digital content of the game? Or should I support Black Isle Bastards? sorry for my English. :unsure:

Will there be exclusive items in the game, for Black Isle Bastards, inaccessible to other players? Such as Cloak of the Obsidian Order? 

I supported the Ultimate digital edition + DLC, can I expect to get all the digital content of the game? Or should I support Black Isle Bastards? sorry for my English. :unsure:

Hi there,

if you buy the badge that is all you get: the badge itself. Nothing more.

The badge is like a token of appreciation, that's all. I explained above the purpose behind the badge.

So, don't worry, by not buying the badge you will not miss out on anything in the game.

Speaking of minigun. Do you guys remember the first Dungeon Siege and the gnomes' miniguns? I loved them! So... I would not oppose a minigun. Dosen't have to include fancy-schmancy adra lasers though. ;)

And since totday we know now that there already is a minigun in the game: Look at the latest Fig update and read about Minoletta's Missile Salve! Totally awesome by the way. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The donations for the BIB are now closed?

Yes, they have been closed for quite a while now. However, since the badge is completely independent from the donations, the badge itself is still available for purchase on the backer portal. So you can still get it.

Mind you, the badge never had anything to do with the funding of the Black Isle Bastards.

• 2 months later...

Yes, they have been closed for quite a while now. However, since the badge is completely independent from the donations, the badge itself is still available for purchase on the backer portal. So you can still get it.

Mind you, the badge never had anything to do with the funding of the Black Isle Bastards.

Does the money still go towards the game? i think i heard that money wouldn't go towards the fig goals. 

Does the money still go towards the game? i think i heard that money wouldn't go towards the fig goals. 

They're done with the fig goal stuff, and I'd assume the money would go towards the game.

• 5 months later...

What does the OP mean when saying Obsidian gave a Black Isle for free? This post seems to assume information that not everyone is privy to.

Black Isle is still out of business, to the best of my knowledge.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

What does the OP mean when saying Obsidian gave a Black Isle for free? This post seems to assume information that not everyone is privy to.

Black Isle is still out of business, to the best of my knowledge.

Fluffle raised money for a pirate crew inside the game, called the Black Isle Bastards. Obsidian gave us the "create an island"-thingy from the fig campain for free. So the game will have a pirate crew, a ship, if I'm correct and said island, called the Black Isle.

• Like 4

---

We're all doomed