[Fig Campaign] Up your pledge by 8$ and get special forum badge! Join the Black Isle Bastards on this forum!

Awesome! Add it into the FAQ. We probably have some sort of deadline (if it's aimed to ship Q1 2018, I'm somewhat expecting Q3-Q4 but we'll see about that at a later stage)

​Have we started discussing the different/various positions of the pirates? E.g. Captain, Navigator etc.

We should discuss that in the other thread. This thread should be about the BIB badge. ;)

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

"The crowd funding of the pirate crew will NOT end by the end of the Fig campaign. I'm really sorry I forgot to mention this lol."

Cool, I don't mind pledging a tad more at a later stage.

• Like 4

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Hey welcome, welcome to our crew!

And hey @Archmage Silver, long time no see! Nice to see you again :)

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

It would be nice to have Josh do an update (or portion of one) on this topic.  I stumbled on this in the comment section of FIG.  Giving a little publicity to this initiative could go a long way towards getting some additional $8 additions and fully explaining the initiative from Obsidian's perspective.  Maybe they have and I missed it.

The fact that getting a forum badge is completely divorced from financing the pirate crew is a source of confusion to me. If it was one and the same would that not be a stronger initiative?

Hey guys,

I just wanted to clear some things up. This was a request by the community to have something similar to the Obsidian Order back from the KickStarter campaign. So I did everything I could to make it a reality, especially since it was a badge that was requested instead of having another title.

We agreed that the forum badge and the crowdfunding would be completely separate since we will be already putting the Black Isle into the game. 

I apologies for any of the confusion or miscommunication.

• Like 13

It would be nice to have Josh do an update (or portion of one) on this topic.  I stumbled on this in the comment section of FIG.  Giving a little publicity to this initiative could go a long way towards getting some additional $8 additions and fully explaining the initiative from Obsidian's perspective.  Maybe they have and I missed it.

The fact that getting a forum badge is completely divorced from financing the pirate crew is a source of confusion to me. If it was one and the same would that not be a stronger initiative?

Hey guys,

I just wanted to clear some things up. This was a request by the community to have something similar to the Obsidian Order back from the KickStarter campaign. So I did everything I could to make it a reality, especially since it was a badge that was requested instead of having another title.

We agreed that the forum badge and the crowdfunding would be completely separate since we will be already putting the Black Isle into the game. 

I apologies for any of the confusion or miscommunication.

Thanks Aarik (cool way to spell your name, BTW).

Yeah, I was very confused when I first posted here - I thought the BiB badge somehow contributed to the "Fluffy's initiative" here.  Over time, I figured it out, but it was darn confusing.  Having these things named the same is unfortunate.  I'd bet there are many folks who backed the $8 badge who think it's somehow related to the community initiative here.

Great job with all the Q&A's and director's commentaries!  I've really enjoyed watching them.  :yes:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Omg the badges are coming the badges are coming!!!!

Why haven't I gotten my badges yet? ;(

So, will we get unique titles the likes of the Obsidian Order's?

Nope this time we decided for the unique badge instead ;)