[Fig Campaign] Up your pledge by 8$ and get special forum badge! Join the Black Isle Bastards on this forum!

I looks like L

The Black Lobster Bastards

Edit: Haha, the crew (if it happens) should have a Lobster pet xD not a parrot/monkey. Lobster much more original :p

An Obsidian Lobster? That'd be a neat Super Pet.

Not polite to play with your dinner.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Where is my PoE2 badge anyway?

The badges will most likely given out only some time after the Fig campaign has ended.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

They will certainly be given out once the campaign has ended - like all rewards. After all, they didn't get any money from you, yet. And tracking who backed for what and who revoked his pledge and so on, during the campaign, wouldn't be that clever.

P.S. BIBbed.

• Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

I done upped me pledge by eight pieces.

... O' eight.

Bein' a savvy scallywag, I be thinkin' such a pledge be a most fortunate investment.

What greater cause is there, than the jingling of coin in my pocket?

...the jingling of coin in your pocket.

Dang, you guys found out before I could surprise you all <3.

Yeah well sometimes I pester you and Feargus about the same thing at the same time, and you don't necessarily know that :p

So sometimes I get information from one of you of which the other one doesn't know yet :p

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

It would be nice to have Josh do an update (or portion of one) on this topic.  I stumbled on this in the comment section of FIG.  Giving a little publicity to this initiative could go a long way towards getting some additional $8 additions and fully explaining the initiative from Obsidian's perspective.  Maybe they have and I missed it.

Edited by mistermannindy
  • Like 1

The fact that getting a forum badge is completely divorced from financing the pirate crew is a source of confusion to me. If it was one and the same would that not be a stronger initiative?

That could very well be. It was not my decision. In fact at first I did try to combine these two projects.

In the end I guess the aim is to maximize the overall donations for Obsidian. Not everyone who likes the badge would also like to participate on crowd funding the pirate crew and vice versa.

But it certainly would have been possible that combining the two ideas would have had a stronger impact, I agree.

Edited by Fluffle

^I tried bringing it up several times but no response. Nothing on the monthly subscription thing either (I mean, we could easily pay for the Pirate Crew if we had a couple of more months on us to make the payment, I'm in a safe position with my job so I could easily pay $200 a month. And if others helped too we could have paid it by June-July. But no response).

^I tried bringing it up several times but no response. Nothing on the monthly subscription thing either (I mean, we could easily pay for the Pirate Crew if we had a couple of more months on us to make the payment, I'm in a safe position with my job so I could easily pay $200 a month. And if others helped too we could have paid it by June-July. But no response).

Oh that! I got news on a part of this! Sorry I forgot to mention it.

The crowd funding of the pirate crew will NOT end by the end of the Fig campaign. I'm really sorry I forgot to mention this lol.

There is no set deadline yet until which we need to have reached the $5000. I will ask Aarik on a deadline, but he already told me

that the deadline for the crowd funding of the pirate crew is NOT the deadline of the Fig campaign!

Likewise, I will inquire if you will be able to purchase the BIB badge through the backer portal after the Fig campaign has ended.

Be assured Obsidian would very much like our pirate crew to make it into the game!

• Like 5

Awesome! Add it into the FAQ. We probably have some sort of deadline (if it's aimed to ship Q1 2018, I'm somewhat expecting Q3-Q4 but we'll see about that at a later stage)

​Have we started discussing the different/various positions of the pirates? E.g. Captain, Navigator etc.