Politics 2017 Part 3

Wrath of Dagon

"We gave Putin a chance in Russia, and it was the last free election we ever had." - Gary Kasparov interview in Vox.

Vox - A conversation with chess champion Garry Kasparov.

Meh, US bought the 1996 election for that incompetent drunkard Yeltsin. So they gave Yeltsin one chance and it was the last free election they had as well.

In the early 1960's France, like the UK, gave back all their colonies, there was no more occupation or Colonialism

Yeah, except, for:
  • Îles des Saintes
  • Marie-Galante
  • la Désirade
  • Martinique
  • Clipperton Island
  • Saint Pierre and Miquelon
  • Saint Martin
  • Saint Bartholemew
  • Mayotte
  • Reunion
  • French Guyana
  • Tahiti
  • New Caledonia
I guess I could add all the colonies that the UK still holds as well (such as Diego Garcia, which the UK depopulated in the 60s/70s, to show how enlightened they'd become), but nah.

Most people have never heard of half those places...you have to list relevant countries
So only relevant people deserve sovereignty? And if so what determined relevance?

If you go down that path you'll get into some very dangerous places I'm sure you don't include into "responsible capitalism"

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

"We gave Putin a chance in Russia, and it was the last free election we ever had." - Gary Kasparov interview in Vox.

Vox - A conversation with chess champion Garry Kasparov.
Meh, US bought the 1996 election for that incompetent drunkard Yeltsin. So they gave Yeltsin one chance and it was the last free election they had as well.

In the early 1960's France, like the UK, gave back all their colonies, there was no more occupation or Colonialism

Yeah, except, for:
  • Îles des Saintes
  • Marie-Galante
  • la Désirade
  • Martinique
  • Clipperton Island
  • Saint Pierre and Miquelon
  • Saint Martin
  • Saint Bartholemew
  • Mayotte
  • Reunion
  • French Guyana
  • Tahiti
  • New Caledonia
I guess I could add all the colonies that the UK still holds as well (such as Diego Garcia, which the UK depopulated in the 60s/70s, to show how enlightened they'd become), but nah.
Most people have never heard of half those places...you have to list relevant countries
So only relevant people deserve sovereignty? And if so what determined relevance?

If you go down that path you'll get into some very dangerous places I'm sure you don't include into "responsible capitalism"

I doubt many of the countries in that list  want independence from France, they are considered Regions of France and there quality of life under France is better than if they were independent 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_France

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38956212

Europe is hopeless. The mindset that allows a person to behave like this can only be fixed by divine intervention. The mindset of the voter who silently condones it, or sees no problem with it makes for useless apolitical fodder. You couldn't make a municipality of those people, let alone a nation state.

_94625812_gettyimages-521521964.jpg

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

*takes in a deep breath of air*

Ah, I love the smell of victim blaming in the morning. Just remember folks, any terroristic actions that occur in your countries has been caused by you, or your colonial ancestors, or perhaps the Crusades. You brought this on yourselves. :yes:

Europe is hopeless. The mindset that allows a person to behave like this can only be fixed by divine intervention. The mindset of the voter who silently condones it, or sees no problem with it makes for useless apolitical fodder. You couldn't make a municipality of those people, let alone a nation state.

Yes but its illegal to not wear a headscarf according to the article? The Swedish government surely  cant break Iranian law 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*takes in a deep breath of air*

Ah, I love the smell of victim blaming in the morning. Just remember folks, any terroristic actions that occur in your countries has been caused by you, or your colonial ancestors, or perhaps the Crusades. You brought this on yourselves. :yes:

Amusingly simplistic view. Well unless you believe the West isn't reaping a bit of what they've sown.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Amusingly simplistic view. Well unless you believe the West isn't reaping a bit of what they've sown.

The "west"? Isn't the party line to trot out the ole "the majority of terrorism happens in ME countries". What did they do to deserve it? Oh yeah, slightly different interpretation of the scripture. I guess pretty much anything is a valid reason huh?

Yes but its illegal to not wear a headscarf according to the article? The Swedish government surely cant break Iranian law

My bad, Iran it is illegal. Kinda weird that a pronounced feminist government would go there and be subjected to that law instead of asking to meet elsewhere. Doesn't show a good vibe of how strong the feminist part is for media.

TBH don't really care, It's nice to see a controversial topic and not get blown outta the water. Here something of this nature would cause the media to have a heart attack

Edited by redneckdevil

Yes but its illegal to not wear a headscarf according to the article? The Swedish government surely  cant break Iranian law 

Its illegal for the plebeians, but you better believe they could have gone forward without headscarves if they wanted to. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The "west"? Isn't the party line to trot out the ole "the majority of terrorism happens in ME countries". What did they do to deserve it? Oh yeah, slightly different interpretation of the scripture. I guess pretty much anything is a valid reason huh?

Well you were bleating about Crusades and others so you weren't looking at the West? Isn't all that hard to understand things don't reach a point without a lot of hands involved.

Ah well. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well you were bleating about Crusades and others so you weren't looking at the West? Isn't all that hard to understand things don't reach a point without a lot of hands involved.

No the West must take some responsibility for the rise of Islamic extremism, it would be disingenuous to suggest the West has played no part

I would say the West is maybe 8-10 % responsible for Islamic  extremism, the rest is other factors most Muslim countries are grappling with like implementing human rights and particularly recognizing the rights of minorities like women and other groups 

John Milton 

Maybe go back and reread my post for your better comprehension? I also mention "you" and "your ancestors" as possible motives for deserving to be on the receiving end of terrorism. I'm sure we can come up with a few more too! :yes:

Fight against it like we fought against communism. Invite people in, promise them freedom and self control. It was communists that build wall to prevent people leaving their country not western people building wall to prevent people coming in from communistic regimes. Now days we fight more like authoritarians than people from the free world.

Like people are saying that Muslims will take over our countries are same fear that communist had towards western people, it is wear that our way of living isn't appealing enough to people and outside philosophy will over run it if we don't protect our way philosophy even if it means to go against our own values and ideologies.

They are not fleeing islam as a religion. They colonising and creating their own societies.

You mean to say that most of them are fleeing war, persecution or poverty in their own countries and we don't let them to integrate to our society but instead we put them for years in centers where they have little to none daily interaction with main population. I would point out that tens of thousands of Muslim refugees are willing to convert to Christianity (although often motivated y hope that makes us to let them stay) 

Strange how middle eastern and north african muslims fail to integrate into western societies while the rest does even if you take into account the detriment policy of dumping anyone into the ghetto.

Previously we invited Salman Rushdies to the west to live in freedom from tyranny, but last year the door was open for any jester fooling the lady border patrol officer that he suddenly wants to be christian and if you don't open the border for him, he and his pals will storm it, throw rocks at you or any other means necessary.

It is strange how there are several (5) restaurants run by middle eastern and north african muslims just one kilometer radius from my home

So well integrated that they are exporting the best back:

http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/cnn_finland_tops_list_of_countries_with_muslim_fighters_in_syria/7446816

The world would be better of by sending them all back, build a wall around them, wait a few hundred years, and open the door and hopefully something civilized will emerge from the other side.

Perpetually importing people from regions that do nothing but destabilizing a society is simply not going to cut it. Better do it now in a civilized matter before creating the balkanisation begins the inevitable war begins.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The "Feminism in one country" wing of the Euroleft strikes again. Bonus points for being seated next to corrupt kleptocrat extraordinaire Mr. Cañete.

Meanwhile at home, female cops force big dudes to take roid tests.

Really, it's no wonder people either stay at home or vote for Le Pen, Wilders and Hofer. Great job, guys.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Maybe go back and reread my post for your better comprehension? I also mention "you" and "your ancestors" as possible motives for deserving to be on the receiving end of terrorism. I'm sure we can come up with a few more too! :yes:
Still holds. While seeing someone upset at victim blaming here is a bit amusing, at the level of a state it isn't all that bad (given the abstract nature of it). Suppose you have to look at the attacks at a high level as well. Edited by Malcador

Fight against it like we fought against communism. Invite people in, promise them freedom and self control. It was communists that build wall to prevent people leaving their country not western people building wall to prevent people coming in from communistic regimes. Now days we fight more like authoritarians than people from the free world.

Like people are saying that Muslims will take over our countries are same fear that communist had towards western people, it is wear that our way of living isn't appealing enough to people and outside philosophy will over run it if we don't protect our way philosophy even if it means to go against our own values and ideologies.

They are not fleeing islam as a religion. They colonising and creating their own societies.

You mean to say that most of them are fleeing war, persecution or poverty in their own countries and we don't let them to integrate to our society but instead we put them for years in centers where they have little to none daily interaction with main population. I would point out that tens of thousands of Muslim refugees are willing to convert to Christianity (although often motivated y hope that makes us to let them stay) 

Strange how middle eastern and north african muslims fail to integrate into western societies while the rest does even if you take into account the detriment policy of dumping anyone into the ghetto.

Previously we invited Salman Rushdies to the west to live in freedom from tyranny, but last year the door was open for any jester fooling the lady border patrol officer that he suddenly wants to be christian and if you don't open the border for him, he and his pals will storm it, throw rocks at you or any other means necessary.

It is strange how there are several (5) restaurants run by middle eastern and north african muslims just one kilometer radius from my home

http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/cnn_finland_tops_list_of_countries_with_muslim_fighters_in_syria/7446816

The world would be better of by sending them all back, build a wall around them, wait a few hundred years, and open the door and hopefully something civilized will emerge from the other side.

Perpetually importing people from regions that do nothing but destabilizing a society is simply not going to cut it. Better do it now in a civilized matter before creating the balkanisation begins the inevitable war begins.

So 30 people went in Syria to be terrorists and nearly 1000 of them decided to make pizza and kebabs in Tampere. 

• Like 1

No the West must take some responsibility for the rise of Islamic extremism, it would be disingenuous to suggest the West has played no part

I would say the West is maybe 8-10 % responsible for Islamic extremism, the rest is other factors most Muslim countries are grappling with like implementing human rights and particularly recognizing the rights of minorities like women and other groups

8-10%?

And everybody knows

I would say the West is maybe 8-10 % responsible for Islamic extremism, the rest is other factors most Muslim countries are grappling with like implementing human rights and particularly recognizing the rights of minorities like women and other groups

8-10%?

Yes I realize this may sound excessive but lets accept some historical  blame ?

John Milton 

8-10%?

Yes I realize this may sound excessive but lets accept some historical blame ?
The west has DEFINITELY messed up more than 8-10% of the Middle East. A lot more. Your view is delusional at best. I hope this is a joke I'm not getting. Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Ah, thought they were going to dose him with polonium or something with the URL truncation there. Isn't that a case of live by sword though?

So 30 people went in Syria to be terrorists and nearly 1000 of them decided to make pizza and kebabs in Tampere. 

Those are just the most hardcore ones. But being the best ISIS-exporter should tell you something about what you're dealing with compared to other groups like those from south america or east asia. So nevermind the disproportional amount of violence committed by said groups in almost every other european country already with a continuous negative trend, as long as you get that those restaurants, anything is permitted.

http://i.imgur.com/EHbUiOU.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy