Politics 2017 Part 3

Wrath of Dagon

Fight against it like we fought against communism. Invite people in, promise them freedom and self control. It was communists that build wall to prevent people leaving their country not western people building wall to prevent people coming in from communistic regimes. Now days we fight more like authoritarians than people from the free world.

Like people are saying that Muslims will take over our countries are same fear that communist had towards western people, it is wear that our way of living isn't appealing enough to people and outside philosophy will over run it if we don't protect our way philosophy even if it means to go against our own values and ideologies.

Oh cmon, this is insulting.

Our own countries shoot people trying to escape to Western world. I would say it was almost 0 people who get out of CCCP who wanted to create communism in the West. On contrary there are tons of Muslims in West who actually want to create sharia laws and caliphate inside of western world.

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

You people amuse me.... you recognise that a minority feels oppressed enough to go ahead and shoot people, and your saying that instead of oppressing we should now completely exclude the minority. And this is true both on a national and international level. Great logic guys. Let's answer extremism with hate... cause that always works

"Be nice to muslims or they will kill you, because islam is the religion of peace", the post.

No

The message is "if someone becomes an extremist, help him and solve the problems that made him an extremist, don't just radicalise him further by showing more hate". Is that really so difficult to understand?

In order for him to not become an extremist is to either convert to Islam or to submit to Islamic rule and pay some jizya. Now what?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Fight against it like we fought against communism. Invite people in, promise them freedom and self control. It was communists that build wall to prevent people leaving their country not western people building wall to prevent people coming in from communistic regimes. Now days we fight more like authoritarians than people from the free world.

Like people are saying that Muslims will take over our countries are same fear that communist had towards western people, it is wear that our way of living isn't appealing enough to people and outside philosophy will over run it if we don't protect our way philosophy even if it means to go against our own values and ideologies.

They are not fleeing islam as a religion. They colonising and creating their own societies.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Our own countries shoot people trying to escape to Western world. I would say it was almost 0 people who get out of CCCP who wanted to create communism in the West. On contrary there are tons of Muslims in West who actually want to create sharia laws and caliphate inside of western world.

Sharia laws are similar to ten commandments and laws in old testament, meaning that Muslims that don't live according to them are living in sin. There are lots of christian in western world that wants to make our countries laws more like laws in old testament, but that want alone don't make it become reality. And that is the fear that we somehow would suddenly accept Muslims code of morals instead of our own, and they would not and their children will not adopt our ethical codes and standards and assimilate them to their religious belief is the thing that currently drives lot of our policies and is one of the roots cause that drives resurgence extremist politics in main stream. 

In Finland we have over 100k people with Russian heritage and 70k of them speak Russia as their first language, big sunk of them are from Soviet times. In comparison there are 40k-65k Muslims in Finland. It is Muslims that are taking over our country according to our politicians.

• Like 1

Sharia laws are similar to ten commandments and laws in old testament, meaning that Muslims that don't live according to them are living in sin. There are lots of christian in western world that wants to make our countries laws more like laws in old testament, but that want alone don't make it become reality. And that is the fear that we somehow would suddenly accept Muslims code of morals instead of our own, and they would not and their children will not adopt our ethical codes and standards and assimilate them to their religious belief is the thing that currently drives lot of our policies and is one of the roots cause that drives resurgence extremist politics in main stream. 

In Finland we have over 100k people with Russian heritage and 70k of them speak Russia as their first language, big sunk of them are from Soviet times. In comparison there are 40k-65k Muslims in Finland. It is Muslims that are taking over our country according to our politicians.

Not sure what are you saying by this. Also 10 commandments probably are not against most of secular laws in West, where Sharia sure is. Also I didn't heard that Christians are creating their own courts outside of regular secular courts.

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Okay, before I get in any deeper... does everyone here realise that there are causes of why people turn to extreme ideologies outside of the ideology itslef?

Why do people turn to extremism? Usually it's due to poverty or oppression. Another possibility, especially in our modern world, is that people feel lost, or let down. Isolation is a big factor. We need to create a society that is open and caring, so people don't get the notion that the world they live in failed in. I'll write more later, right now I lack the time.

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

They are not fleeing islam as a religion. They colonising and creating their own societies.

You mean to say that most of them are fleeing war, persecution or poverty in their own countries and we don't let them to integrate to our society but instead we put them for years in centers where they have little to none daily interaction with main population. I would point out that tens of thousands of Muslim refugees are willing to convert to Christianity (although often motivated y hope that makes us to let them stay) 

• Like 1

Okay, before I get in any deeper... does everyone here realise that there are causes of why people turn to extreme ideologies outside of the ideology itslef?

Why do people turn to extremism? Usually it's due to poverty or oppression. Another possibility, especially in our modern world, is that people feel lost, or let down. Isolation is a big factor. We need to create a society that is open and caring, so people don't get the notion that the world they live in failed in. I'll write more later, right now I lack the time.

Applies to Breivik?

You mean to say that most of them are fleeing war, persecution or poverty in their own countries and we don't let them to integrate to our society but instead we put them for years in centers where they have little to none daily interaction with main population. I would point out that tens of thousands of Muslim refugees are willing to convert to Christianity (although often motivated y hope that makes us to let them stay)

Thank you.

And that last part about converting, am I the only one who thinks that it points out an almost ridiculous problem of our oh so free society?

And everybody knows

Applies to Breivik?
I don't know anything about him. I will say that there are always individuals who acted differently for different reasons, but we need to understand extremism as a social phenomenon, not and individual one.

And everybody knows

Not sure what are you saying by this. Also 10 commandments probably are not against most of secular laws in West, where Sharia sure is. Also I didn't heard that Christians are creating their own courts outside of regular secular courts.

Like You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant (original translation slave), his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Or Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Thus you will say to Israel’s sons: “Yahweh your fathers’ deity, Abraham’s deity, Isaac’s deity, and Jacob’s deity – He has sent me to you;” This is My name to eternity, and this is My designation age (by) age.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

And laws in old testament go even more against many of our laws.

There are Christian religions that have their own courts. Like for example in Finland we have Laestadianism which is a conservative Lutheran revival movement started in Lapland in the middle of the 19th century. Which has their elder council that judge over its members and their members often don't even go in our regular secular courts when it comes to disputes between two members. And they aren't only Christian sect that has their own court system.

• Like 1

Let's just agree that all ideologies and religions can be used in order to justify extremism, shall we? :)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Strange how middle eastern and north african muslims fail to integrate into western societies while the rest does even if you take into account the detriment policy of dumping anyone into the ghetto.

Previously we invited Salman Rushdies to the west to live in freedom from tyranny, but last year the door was open for any jester fooling the lady border patrol officer that he suddenly wants to be christian and if you don't open the border for him, he and his pals will storm it, throw rocks at you or any other means necessary.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Strange how middle eastern and north african muslims fail to integrate into western societies while the rest does even if you take into account the detriment policy of dumping anyone into the ghetto.

Previously we invited Salman Rushdies to the west to live in freedom from tyranny, but last year the door was open for any jester fooling the lady border patrol officer that he suddenly wants to be christian and if you don't open the border for him, he and his pals will storm it, throw rocks at you or any other means necessary.

It is strange how there are several (5) restaurants run by middle eastern and north african muslims just one kilometer radius from my home

It is strange how there are several (5) restaurants run by middle eastern and north african muslims just one kilometer radius from my home

In other words you saying there are real degrees of  integration when Muslim refugees arrive in Finland?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Let's just agree that all ideologies and religions can be used in order to justify extremism, shall we? :)

Not at all, as I mentioned numerous times Western democracies work even if there is some valid criticism and responsible Capitalism is the best way to grow most economies 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not at all, as I mentioned numerous times Western democracies work even if there is some valid criticism and responsible Capitalism is the best way to grow most economies

Because western democracy and capitalism hasn't been used to "justify" any extremism?

And does a working society equals a good society? Feudalism worked. Slave societies worked. They were also growing the economy.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Because western democracy and capitalism hasn't been used to "justify" any extremism?

Oh it has historically but again you seem to ignore the data  that is freely available when it comes to the  best systems of government nowadays, we should not ask ourselves " what are the wealthiest top 10 countries " as the best metric as wealth doesnt always equate to happiness  which should be more important. We should ask " what countries overall have the happiest citizens " ....they almost all Western countries, I don't need to convince anyone Western values offer the most effective governments. The facts are the facts 

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top-10/2016-worlds-happiest-countries/

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/23/travel/feat-world-happiest-countries-2015/index.html

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/the-worlds-happiest-countries-in-2016/

John Milton 

Oh it has historically but again you seem to ignore the data that is freely available when it comes to the best systems of government nowadays, we should not ask ourselves " what are the wealthiest top 10 countries " as the best metric as wealth doesnt always equate to happiness which should be more important. We should ask " what countries overall have the happiest citizens " ....they almost all Western countries, I don't need to convince anyone Western values offer the most effective governments. The facts are the facts

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top-10/2016-worlds-happiest-countries/

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/23/travel/feat-world-happiest-countries-2015/index.html

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/the-worlds-happiest-countries-in-2016/

And even in those happy western countries, many fall to extremism. Extremism is nothing inherent to any (non extremist) ideology, it exist in any human society. That is, of course, true for extremism as for other things such as corruption. But it shows that extremism must be caused by other factors than merely the system people live under..

Besides, I'm very sceptical towards happiness measurements. What exactly do they measure?

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

"We gave Putin a chance in Russia, and it was the last free election we ever had." - Gary Kasparov interview in Vox.

Vox - A conversation with chess champion Garry Kasparov.

Meh, US bought the 1996 election for that incompetent drunkard Yeltsin. So they gave Yeltsin one chance and it was the last free election they had as well.

In the early 1960's France, like the UK,   gave back all their colonies, there was no more occupation or Colonialism

Yeah, except, for:

• Îles des Saintes
  • Marie-Galante
  • la Désirade
  • Martinique
  • Clipperton Island
  • Saint Pierre and Miquelon
  • Saint Martin
  • Saint Bartholemew
  • Mayotte
  • Reunion
  • French Guyana
  • Tahiti
  • New Caledonia

I guess I could add all the colonies that the UK still holds as well (such as Diego Garcia, which the UK depopulated in the 60s/70s, to show how enlightened they'd become), but nah.

Edited by Zoraptor

Like You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant (original translation slave), his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Or Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Thus you will say to Israel’s sons: “Yahweh your fathers’ deity, Abraham’s deity, Isaac’s deity, and Jacob’s deity – He has sent me to you;” This is My name to eternity, and this is My designation age (by) age.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

There are Christian religions that have their own courts. Like for example in Finland we have Laestadianism which is a conservative Lutheran revival movement started in Lapland in the middle of the 19th century. Which has their elder council that judge over its members and their members often don't even go in our regular secular courts when it comes to disputes between two members. And they aren't only Christian sect that has their own court system.

well, bad for you I would say :)

as for the commandments - are there any rules/punishments for breaking them? Except not being considered good christian any more?

Like You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant (original translation slave), his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Or Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

There are Christian religions that have their own courts. Like for example in Finland we have Laestadianism which is a conservative Lutheran revival movement started in Lapland in the middle of the 19th century. Which has their elder council that judge over its members and their members often don't even go in our regular secular courts when it comes to disputes between two members. And they aren't only Christian sect that has their own court system.

well, bad for you I would say :)

as for the commandments - are there any rules/punishments for breaking them? Except not being considered good christian any more?

Ask the Muslims who suffer under the Anti-balaka.

And everybody knows

"We gave Putin a chance in Russia, and it was the last free election we ever had." - Gary Kasparov interview in Vox.

Vox - A conversation with chess champion Garry Kasparov.

Meh, US bought the 1996 election for that incompetent drunkard Yeltsin. So they gave Yeltsin one chance and it was the last free election they had as well.

In the early 1960's France, like the UK,   gave back all their colonies, there was no more occupation or Colonialism

Yeah, except, for:

• Îles des Saintes
  • Marie-Galante
  • la Désirade
  • Martinique
  • Clipperton Island
  • Saint Pierre and Miquelon
  • Saint Martin
  • Saint Bartholemew
  • Mayotte
  • Reunion
  • French Guyana
  • Tahiti
  • New Caledonia

I guess I could add all the colonies that the UK still holds as well (such as Diego Garcia, which the UK depopulated in the 60s/70s, to show how enlightened they'd become), but nah.

Most people have  never heard of half those places...you have to list relevant countries 

John Milton