My.Com takes over Armored Warfare project

Flouride

Apparently the Russian overlords have taken over Armored Warfare completely and the team at Obsidian won't be working on it anymore.

With 50-100 people working on the project this means they might be forced to an another round of layoffs if there isn't an another project to ship all these people.

This sucks. I actually enjoyed Armored Warfare, don't think i want to play it now...

Oh and the news is on the front page if someone is looking for a source. No comment from Feargus about layoffs yet. But then again no media has picked up on story so far (at least I didn't find any)

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/5tfhda/gentlemen_its_been_a_pleasure/

So apparently there are layoffs... :(

Edited by Flouride
  • Like 2

Hate the living, love the dead.

I wonder if the Cain/Boyarsky project is ready for more people on the team? Haven't they been working on that for almost a year? Or is my memory being generous?

Boyarsky joined around 13th of April last year. So almost a year. Though that project all ready took in people from Tyranny team and possibly some artists/programmers from Armored Warfare team earlier this year. 

• Like 1

That sucks for Obsidian.  It was the one Obsidian game I had no interest in, but it sounded like a constant source of funds to allow them to keep doing other games that I was interested in.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wasn't this announced awhile ago? I might be wrong but I seem to recall reading that Obsidian was going to be phased out in the semi-near future about six-months-to-a-year-ago.

Nope, that phasing out was about part of the arts team Vehicles and such were phased out to Russia early this year.

My main problem with it was that it didn't really feel like an Obsidian game. No storyline, and you couldn't really customize your tank equipment or crew skills any more than in World of Tanks.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

My main problem with it was that it didn't really feel like an Obsidian game. No storyline, and you couldn't really customize your tank equipment or crew skills any more than in World of Tanks.

Storyline was actually on it's way.

I hope obsidian can bring its own game like armored warfare to the gamers' someday soon and not have to deal with what they just went through.  At least find a partner that sees eye to eye with them on development.  Obsidian did a hell of a job with it and i was loving what that vision was.   Best of luck to you guys.