Until level 13 tedious because no AoE. You will have long fights. Then it will be too easy because of 6*Sacred Immolation.

But definitely doable. Only question is: what will you do with three of the paladins' zealous auras? They don't stack - so skip them?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I ran a 3 paladin party that was a lot of fun. 2 Kind Wayfarer pikers (Tall Grass, Lost Thayn's Reach) behind a Coastal Aumaua tank (I hate prone-spamming enemies, and there are a lot of them). Tank takes Zealous Charge for kiting mobs into doorways. Kind Wayfarers' Strange Mercy heals help keep the tank alive. Even with just 3 paladins, even on PotD, Sacred Immolation breaks the game in half when you get it, it's grotesque really. I love 'em.

The biggest issue was enemy casters, so keep some ranged sidearms around for annoying casters and enemies immune to pikes.

I have thought about a 6 paladin party in the past. 5 Kind Wayfarers for stacking heals (make sure you're standing close enough together that the healing aura covers the frontline) would provide an absurd amount of healing even for the toughest fights, though I found even 3 paladins ample for healing purposes. Whatever tanking paladin takes your fancy to camp doorways. You could easily include Pallegina in a party like this if you wanted to.

Ranged paladins aren't really optimal, but they're resilient and consistent damage dealers at least. Sworn Enemy is now per encounter, so that's an added nicety for sniping irritating casters.

Alternatively, spec another paladin with a prone/stun weapon and Zealous Charge and send him caster-hunting. With 6 paladins, you have the redundancy. In that case, making him Kind Wayfarer might be a bit of a waste. You could even spec a pair of paladins this way so they can flank casters and beat them down in no time at all (Apprentice's Sneak Attack for added fun).

The last part is true: it's a lot of fun to operate behind enemy lines and take out casters. A fast moving paladin is good for this. With FoD he can do some good spike damage and he's sturdy enough to survive that. If you get the Cape of the Cheat, you can use that to teleport behind the lines.

I once made a speical paladin for this, the Dull Runner (in the build list). He was fun and only had one directive: destroy casters and other squishies. ;)

Until level 13 tedious because no AoE. You will have long fights. Then it will be too easy because of 6*Sacred Immolation.

But definitely doable. Only question is: what will you do with three of the paladins' zealous auras? They don't stack - so skip them?

Yes having no AOE would suck. But I figure with four DPS oriented Paladins, and all their buffs, they should make short work of enemies even without AOE.

Does PC reputation effect non PC paladins? If thats the case, having a Paladin from every order may not be the best idea. Also, I have seen a single Paladin solo POTD so I cant imagine that 6 Paladins couldnt get the job done. Going ot make six paladins for POTD and see how it goes. Thanks for all the insight, probably will make your behind the lines Paladin, but I imagine two ranged Pallies being able to handle most casters. 

Take Pellaginna for one of the ranged Paladins, her special attack is great if she is specced up for range attack.

With 6x2 = 12 Lay on Hands plus multiple heals from kill it should be pretty much impossible to lose a fight. It might take a while but the outcome should never be in doubt. If you made them Island Aumaua and gave them all two firearms/arbalests for FoD Alpha strikes the initial gun volley will be murderous. 

Only your PC Paladin is effected by reputation, the rest get their bonuses based entirely on level..

Take Pellaginna for one of the ranged Paladins, her special attack is great if she is specced up for range attack.

With 6x2 = 12 Lay on Hands plus multiple heals from kill it should be pretty much impossible to lose a fight. It might take a while but the outcome should never be in doubt. If you made them Island Aumaua and gave them all two firearms/arbalests for FoD Alpha strikes the initial gun volley will be murderous. 

Only your PC Paladin is effected by reputation, the rest get their bonuses based entirely on level..

I was going to use Pellaginna because she would be the sixth and final faction (PCs can only make 5 factions) to give me a pally of a different order for every character. 

Skill her with max DR penetration… Scion of Flame and give her blunderbusses with burning lash + FoD + Intense Flames in addition to Wrath of the Five Suns. She will do great. I also made use of the cloak that gives you Minor Missiles and gave her Prestidigitator's Missiles. It's a lot of fun to transform her into artillery. ;)

The other ranged pal could use a marking gun (that pistol I forgot the name of or that arquebus I forgot the name of) + Coordinated Attacks + FoD + Intense Flames + Enduring Flames (Goldpact) + Scion of Flame. He can then mark for +20 stackable ACC and deal great spike damage with his two FoD shots. You could also add Runner's Wounding shot to get another nice special attack for your gun.

Edited by Boeroer

As already pointed out, with 6 paladins you can have enough accuracy buffs to take a crit-oriented party apporach. If you do that, the main work will be to figure and balance out which Paladin gets coordinated attacks plus a marking weapon, and which paladin gets a durganized weapon, another weapon with bonus damage on crits (e.g. edge of reason) or a weapon with debuffs on crits.

From level 13 on, you won't need any healing spell except Sacred Immolation (thus respec). Before level 13, strange mercy on 2 DD paladins plus probably sword and shepherd plus lay on hands on 1 or 2 paladins might be enough, as Faith and Conviction should now scale with level on adventurers. So your defenses will be quite good, you won't need that many healing spells. Don't emphasize on that aspect just because you can. 

I would recommend FoD on 4 to 6 paladins. It is far superior to lay on hands, as the extra accuracy and damage will debuff or kill foes early, thus making healing dispensable.

Edited by Natures Bounty