Germany is no longer Charlie

Chilloutman

I read the article. There is nothing wrong with it. Again some guys are just biased towards anything their agenda doesn't support. I could post the article in three different languages but some are to lazy and stoopid to know any other language.

Ha! Good fun!

Ah, tales of woe and persecution. The injustice.

You should have just posted the article in the languages, surprisingly people would get it translated or the array of languages understood across this forum might be used. Also, is fairly ignorant to use that as a marker of intelligence, but ironies abound.

But also, yeah, the Daily Mail was fake news before it was cool, they're like the Sun minus the **** (though, Joey Fisher IS nice, it isn't something one reads a paper for)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I read the article. There is nothing wrong with it. 

you posted the article before you read it.

you "assumed it would be a solid article about the issue because it was the top link in google."

wouldn't matter at this point if it turned out the article were pulitzer material, 'cause you didn't know anything save for its placement as a top google link.

57631598.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ha! Good Fun!

not getting it, are you?  we were dismissive o' your admitted blind posting o' an article you didn't even bother to read, and your defense o' such ridiculous behavior.  the fact you still don't grasp your error only compounds the mistake you made, and increases our mirth.

serious.  how is this not getting through to you? 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Headline and text are clashing - Germany does already repatriate people who're denied asylum. It's a plan to extend the practice in various ways.

Also the singular fixation on Muslims. An significant part of those denied asylum come from various Balkan countries, including non-Muslim states like Serbia, Montenegro, or Macedonia.

Fourth paragraph ("Germany rejected more than 170,000 asylum applications in 2016 but repatriated only 26,000 people"), first twist. (Not included in this figure are those who return without being forced to, and that number is several times higher than those 26.000.)

And there's nothing in that article to support the main agenda of the Daily Mail, i.e. "OMG THEY PAY MILLIONS TO MUSLIMS OMG TERRIBLE SAD!!!!!".

(There would've even been a hint of fact in there, as part of the plan was to extend support for people who want to leave Germany but can't afford it. (That's a thing that's been going on since 1979: Explanation))

Also, the plan put forward was only partially accepted; those "departure centres" won't be installed, as things stand now.

Final brain trust verdict: Headline way too shrill. Text is mostly good but doesn't support the Daily Mail article. (You asked.)

Edited by Varana

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Ha! Good Fun!

not getting it, are you?  we were dismissive o' your admitted blind posting o' an article you didn't even bother to read, and your defense o' such ridiculous behavior.  the fact you still don't grasp your error only compounds the mistake you made, and increases our mirth.

serious.  how is this not getting through to you? 

HA! Good Fun!

And now you are blatantly lying, because you dismissed the article BEFORE I said anything about reading it. 

Tough luck. Being pretentious can bite you in the end.

Ha! Good Fun!

Dude please,  just quit when you already horribly beaten ...dont drag on the embarassment 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*sigh*

first post in thread

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91602-germany-is-no-longer-charlie/?p=1885311

every post we made were specific 'bout your inexplicable posting behavior, or responding to your even more obtuse defense o' your blind posting o' an article you hadn't even read.  there is simple no way to defend what you choose to defend. there is no good reason for you to make matters worse by defending the indefensible.  and yet...

HA! Good Fun!

you got picked on 'cause you made one o' the more baffling and ludicrous defenses o' a board post we has seen in a long time.  you blind linked and "assumed"  the linked content would be good based on google rating, and in multiple successive posts you continued to defend such curious behavior.  

and as we ain't being nitpicky, we will let slide your accusation o' lying as you no doubt recognize your error at this point. clear we didn't attack the merits o' your linked article "BEFORE" we mocked your horrible defense o' such. 

even so, while we ain't jealous o' your success or smarts, we do envy your ironclad certainty.  oh sure, some may call it being "obtuse," but there is likely advantages in being impervious to any pov but your own.  the unassailable fortress sharp-one-- proof 'gainst insult, and ridicule, common sense and reason. oh, and if you have a full beard, we would likely be jealous o' that too.  can't grow facial hair, so have always been a bit jealous.  in fact, am more jealous o' your hypothetical beard than your suggested rationale.

weird.  am still not certain how or why you would defend your blind posting explanation.  it simple don't make any sense to us.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

It is a universally known fact that we don't have any humour. (Nor humor.)

If we "smile", it is a grotesque mimicry of others' expectations.

Not kidding.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!