Will we get to meet Kana's family?

Possibly? They hinted we will meet some of the previous companions as cameos. Maybe there'll be a quest involved too? They may not directly join your party.. it's possible that you are joining and aiding a fight the companions are in as neutral NPC (blue circles).

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 1

That would make me very happy. Old companions don't have to return as party members as long as they are not forgotten. Baldur's Gate 2 handled this perfectly with the hilarious cameos of Garrick and Tiax...and even Faldorn returning as a villain! I hope Obsidian has something like this in mind!

Edited by Hebruixe

Was Kana not from Ruatai? Meneha was from Deadfire as far as I remember. Not sure how far apart they are. Still would like some reference at least to the companions who didn't make the cut.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I could see Kana leading some sort of expedition to Deadfire, in search of some Lore.

Other than that, he had a brother I think? Kana was the Scholar, and his brother(s?), Warrior. Wouldn't it make more sense (and build on Kana's bloodline) to introduce a family member?

Perhaps as reinforcements battling God Titan Eothas (I'm getting FFX Sin feels)?

Kana's family was FROM the Deadfire Archipelago, but they had moved to Rauatai before he was born.  As of Pillars 1 they all lived in Rauatai, not the Deadfires.  Not to say they couldn't turn up, but it would be no more likely than for Eder's family to turn up I think (Eder's family returned to Aedyr I believe according to the short story).

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

(Eder's family returned to Aedyr I believe according to the short story).

And a conversation with him.

I should do a more recent playthrough at some point.  Especially now that I have lost all my saves after my hard drive died earlier this week.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Kana's family was FROM the Deadfire Archipelago, but they had moved to Rauatai before he was born.  As of Pillars 1 they all lived in Rauatai, not the Deadfires.  Not to say they couldn't turn up, but it would be no more likely than for Eder's family to turn up I think (Eder's family returned to Aedyr I believe according to the short story).

Ah, you're right. My mistake. Still, I would love to see cameos even if they don't melt in seamlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurray! I just discovered that we will get to meet (and recruit) Kana's sister, Maia Rua! This is excellent news!

Yes, and if I remeber correctly Kana has like 6 siblings! :)

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

Hurray! I just discovered that we will get to meet (and recruit) Kana's sister, Maia Rua! This is excellent news!

Yes, and if I remeber correctly Kana has like 6 siblings! :)

That's a lot of sequels.

• Like 5

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Kana means chicken in Finnish. It really doesn't have anything to do with anything but I just had to say it.

My character now is named Omena :) It sounds cool and i like them :p

Imagine if Kanas brother was named KALA. What a team "Oh no, her comes the dangerous Kana and Kala brothers!"

• Like 1

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

Kana means chicken in Finnish. It really doesn't have anything to do with anything but I just had to say it.

My character now is named Omena :) It sounds cool and i like them :p

Imagine if Kanas brother was named KALA. What a team "Oh no, her comes the dangerous Kana and Kala brothers!"

They could even have a sister named "Kukko" ^^

• Like 1

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.