so-called court of appeals ruling

Gromnir

I suppose the US civil service is in revolt, heh.

it is kinda amusing how trump blasted the courts for allowing dangerous folks to flood into the US after the tro o' o' his travel ban.  after all, the process o' being vetted and allowed into the US takes approx. 18 months to two years.  so what actual happened were folks in the Executive branch, sympathetic to the plight o' refugees from potential travel-banned nations, took steps to accelerate the process a smidge as they foresaw the possibility o' a more permanent and successful ban looming on the horizon.  the courts didn't have any power to process more applications, and they sure as heck didn't increase the rate o' refugees being allowed into the US.  it were those beautifully apolitical career bureaucrats working in the executive who took matters into their own hands to do the right thing.

folks look at the fed judge and the appellate courts as having delivered a shot across the bow with rulings, but they often miss how it were executive branch bureaucrats who torpedoed trump's efforts and made it possible for all those new refugees to gain access to the american dream in expedited fashion.  am wondering if trump learns the hidden lesson from recent events surrounding the travel ban: the President is gonna be needing fight the executive as much as the courts.  is actual a pretty common problem for Presidents.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I guess you have some information that new refugees are being admitted and new visas are being issued?

start with the misleading trump tweet from feb 11.  from there you can discover details for yourself.  'cause education is power, and we wouldn't wanna deprive you.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I don't know of any misleading Trump tweets from feb 11. As I said before, if you got evidence, show it, if you don't, stfu.

not gonna get an answer that way mr. potty mouth.  and you got it backwards... again.  were trump who didn't have any evidence for showing how lifting the travel ban were "so dangerous."  sorry, "SO DANGEROUS!" don't wanna misquote.   didn't have evidence save to show how his own branch were undermining him following the tro.  funny stuff.

but again, childish profanity is not gonna result in you getting what you want.  you indolence and immaturity should not be rewarded.

"stfu"

how old are you?

HA! Good Fun!

That's not what I asked. Reread my question if you lack reading comprehension. Not having to discuss stuff with you isn't exactly a punishment, so like I said, stfu.

and we noted how your childish vulgarity were gonna prolong your ignorance rather than end it.  won't change trump's idiotic false assertions or how his own people were functional working 'gainst him during the travel ban tro.  with the tweet in question easily identifiable from our post, am certain you can find the various sources which delved into his misstatement.  nevertheless, in light o' your refusal to self educate, we both win, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

I think we should move past the outright hostility.

I would expect nothing less than a Stalinist commissar from the People's Republic of Commiefornia.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I think we should move past the outright hostility.

I would expect nothing less than a Stalinist commissar from the People's Republic of Commiefornia.

:lol:  

funny 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's impossible to dismiss the notion that "they" are not observant bystanders but instead are active participants in the political arena, advancing their favored ideology. Once again they are not a single entity and even for the ones this is true it isn't true all the time.

Sure, to an extent. Some more blatant, some more subtle.

But what happens now is a shift in the perception of this basic fact.

By blasting out obvious lies or heavily twisted statements, about even the most irrelevant issues, this administration creates the impression that the media is heavily biased against them, even if they're just stating facts. Maybe inadvertently, probably on purpose, but this leads to a political climate where simple fact-checking becomes an attack and puts you firmly in the opposition camp.

Edited by Varana
  • Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!