so-called court of appeals ruling

Gromnir

well, the author o' the lawfare piece sneering at trump does have a bit more credence, no?

*shrug*

and you have been universal sneer-worthy on matters o' law, here and elsewhere.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Wonder if we'll ever find out why they didn't wait until they had an AG at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Didn't seem they consulted with her. I guess there was a rush just to show stuff being done.

So a new EO is in the works. Should just run it through Congress, heh

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Didn't seem they consulted with her. I guess there was a rush just to show stuff being done.

Congress already passed the relevant law back in the 50's, which the comedic 9th circuit panel didn't even consider. EO was submitted to the DOJ legal counsel and was found legal. The 9th circuit panel already overturned the Congress' finding of the terrorist danger from the 7 listed countries, so they could equally as well overturn any law Congress passes on the subject.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

guys, can't you just make thread named Trump? Its like 6th thread where every second post is about Trump. I fear that I will open fridge and there will be hidden Trump...

This much hurt in the butt cannot be contained to one thread. Every snark is new and original. Every utterance by Trump newsworthy! LOOK LOOK, someone misspoke! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah it's pretty great. A day rarely goes by without him screwing up in some way. His media people are pretty entertaining too. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

pretty much the underlined.  and yet trump will manage to turn yet another fail into a kinda victory.  will blame his inability to accomplish campaign promises on courts or congress or the media.  baffling.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Congress already passed the relevant law back in the 50's, which the comedic 9th circuit panel didn't even consider. EO was submitted to the DOJ legal counsel and was found legal. The 9th circuit panel already overturned the Congress' finding of the terrorist danger from the 7 listed countries, so they could equally as well overturn any law Congress passes on the subject.

They're still fighting over the executive order, only the stay got discussed last week by the panel.

And at the same time, the states could fundamentally argue that the fact that law had been put in place was unconstitutional because of the enumeration of the tasks for Congress in Article I of the Constitution. 

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah it's pretty great. A day rarely goes by without him screwing up in some way. His media people are pretty entertaining too.

My entertainment is derived from the childlike mewling from the press. Those clowns just cant get right over his election. :lol:

Another fascination of mine is watching people get themselves whipped into such a frenzy of ignorance that they depart from the ability of rational thought. Rioters remind me of Ghostbusters II, where there was that "river of hate" in the NY sewers, except they are a "river of dumb" flowing down the street. :yes:

Kinda like the anti Obama demonstrations that went on for quite a while. But yes, they are freaking out, only they are already at close to maximum freakedoutness so you can't really tell much difference. 

I think it's gonna last quite a bit longer than the Obama demonstrations and that Trumps war with the press is one that he is going to lose. They are succeeding in portraying him as incompetent, not a hard task to pull off anyway. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Maybe Im just oversaturated. :lol: When everything is news, then nothing is news. The press and public are so damn angry that Trump won that they are going out of their way to bag on him, or his wife, or his kids...and at least to me, they come off looking like the d-bags. Trump is going to crater all on his own, theres no need to go apes**t over everything, real or perceived. #mystruggleisreal

• Like 1

Tell you what, I kinda agree with the Daily Show and whatshisface Seth Meyers. We already know what you are going to say, where is the joke in that. It's like they are secretly inviting you to be part of their knowitall club. It's like you said, they can't muster anymore outrage, they are spent.

I miss Jon Stewart, he didn't even have to try. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Maybe Im just oversaturated. :lol: When everything is news, then nothing is news. The press and public are so damn angry that Trump won that they are going out of their way to bag on him, or his wife, or his kids...and at least to me, they come off looking like the d-bags. Trump is going to crater all on his own, theres no need to go apes**t over everything, real or perceived. #mystruggleisreal

Well, I didn't vote for him but I did prefer him to Clinton. Like I posted elsewhere, choosing between two awful choices is no choice at all. That said this immigration battle he has launched himself into, and in a ham fisted way at that, is squandering whatever good will and political capital he might have had. It's stupid. Why fight over a hill that you probably can't take and isn't worth fighting over? WoD was right in that if it was drafted in such a way as to not raise due process conflicts for green card and legal US visa holders this might not have been an issue. Although there were flaws beyond those. Now so much has been said, so much ill-will generated that there is no way out. Just continue on up the worthless hill.

This is the exact danger of putting a political neophyte in high office. They don't understand the age old lessons of picking your battles.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-11/fixing-trump-executive-order-s-legal-problems-is-no-easy-task

author a new order makes much more sense than the alternatives, 'cause, as stated numerous times now by many legal experts, the travel ban were a mess and unconstitutional and largely doomed.  

HA! Good Fun!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/10/trump-travel-ban-new-policy-japan-shinzo-abe They need speed for security reasons, apparently. Well there goes my hypothesis they rushed it like typical corp folk :lol:

This is the exact danger of putting a political neophyte in high office.

Agreed. Hes trying to run things like hes still sitting in the boardroom of Trump, Inc. where his word is law. Ive watched other presidents stumble out of the gate only to find their stride later, so fingers crossed. I do happen to think he will learn and improve on this front.

They don't understand the age old lessons of picking your battles.

In this particular battle, hes doing exactly (one of) the things he campaigned on, no?

He did and then wen't about it in the most ham-fisted and careless way possible. You're right about one thing. The lesson he has to learn is that being President does not mean you get to do whatever you want.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But Trump constantly insults the media and makes it personal, naturally that is going to increase the whole " us VS  them  " view some in the media feel

A free media is a cornerstone of freedom of speech, when you call the media " the opposition " or " fake news " for many people you are actually attacking the principle of free speech 

So Trump plays  a big part in this negative perspective the media have towards him 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Maybe Im just oversaturated. :lol: When everything is news, then nothing is news. The press and public are so damn angry that Trump won that they are going out of their way to bag on him, or his wife, or his kids...and at least to me, they come off looking like the d-bags. Trump is going to crater all on his own, theres no need to go apes**t over everything, real or perceived. #mystruggleisreal

But Trump constantly insults the media and makes it personal, naturally that is going to increase the whole " us VS them " view some in the media feel

A free media is a cornerstone of freedom of speech, when you call the media " the opposition " or " fake news " for many people you are actually attacking the principle of free speech

So Trump plays a big part in this negative perspective the media have towards him

Media fired first and hasn't stopped. Why place blame on him when he is firing back? Media has been firing since the election.

Unfortuantly the media has shown that it hasn't learned its lesson and from the get go Trump has made it clear his personality, those 2 prideful bastards will keep going on until one is dead.

Media can lay off the blantant pushing of their view that they want u to believe is true.

Trump can stop being so triggered and quit giving them a lot of ammo.

Maybe Im just oversaturated. :lol: When everything is news, then nothing is news. The press and public are so damn angry that Trump won that they are going out of their way to bag on him, or his wife, or his kids...and at least to me, they come off looking like the d-bags. Trump is going to crater all on his own, theres no need to go apes**t over everything, real or perceived. #mystruggleisreal

But Trump constantly insults the media and makes it personal, naturally that is going to increase the whole " us VS them " view some in the media feel

So Trump plays a big part in this negative perspective the media have towards him

Media fired first and hasn't stopped. Why place blame on him when he is firing back? Media has been firing since the election.

Unfortuantly the media has shown that it hasn't learned its lesson and from the get go Trump has made it clear his personality, those 2 prideful bastards will keep going on until one is dead.

Media can lay off the blantant pushing of their view that they want u to believe is true.

Trump can stop being so triggered and quit giving them a lot of ammo.

Does it not concern you that any president is this openly hostile to the media which as I mentioned are an extension to the principle  of  free speech?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela