NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

2018-02-03-Hellfire.png

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Last night I was reminded why I dislike the city of Philadelphia. They celebrated by trashing their own town and lighting things on fire. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

​better there than anywhere else!

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That half-time show was too bland. There was too much going on, it just felt cluttered and fluffy.The interlude with Timberlake at the piano was the only good part. Less is more -- they should go back to basics and have the artist try to make a connection with the audience.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'll admit, I'm pro-Patriots, but only because Brady went to Michigan.

As a Browns fan, I've found it hard to care about the playoffs since the '80s, though...

does not compute.  browns fan and michigan fan?  is not what we would expect.  regardless, am old enough such that we still hold fielding yost's bigotry 'gainst the school. the three things fielding yost, the son o' a confederate officer, hated most, in order, were losing, blacks and catholics. took decades for the michigan program to shake off the foulness o' yost, who is nevertheless regarded as a kinda patron saint o' michigan football. 

HA! Good Fun!

To make it even more weird, I went to Ohio State.  Wearing a Michigan sweatshirt during the Ohio State - Michigan game got me some dirty looks, but luckily I'm a big enough guy that nobody ever tried to start anything.  I grew up in Ohio, but we were a lot closer to Ann Arbor than Columbus.

5 years $135.5 million for Handsome Jimmy G? Good contract for a guy who’s going to go undefeated for the next five years.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle