NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

I'm going to miss at least half of the Boys/Packers game tomorrow due to work.  It's probably for the best, that way I don't have to watch Rodgers shred our garbage defense.

FeelsBadMan

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm just praying that Rodgers will have his offensive line this game. No more 5 guards out there at once, please.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Our only chance to beat the Pack is to light them up and score almost every possesion, because our D can't stop anyone. It looked good against the Giants, but that was game 1 of the season, plus the Giants are a dumpster fire, and hey were missing OBJ on top of that. Since then, our D has been more incompetent than Andromeda's facial animation team.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

in other news, davante adams was decapitated last week but has somehow cleared the concussion protocol and will play against the cowboys. I guess if it was a clean cut all they have to do is reattach the head, really

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

in other news, davante adams was decapitated last week but has somehow cleared the concussion protocol and will play against the cowboys. I guess if it was a clean cut all they have to do is reattach the head, really

I'm imagining a Weekend At Bernies type situations where one of the other Packer players is hiding behind the corpse of Davante Adams moving his head and arms while a doctor administers the concussion protocol tests.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I'm pretty sure only dummies argue that men and women have the same biological makeup. ...That's not to say those dummies aren't out there, but they are dummies.

and the refs are utter trash already, good to know. not sure what's been up with that, but every packers game has had absolutely terrible officiating - we were huge benefactors against the seahawks, but it was the other way around for the falcons and bengals, and a little bit for the bears. not a good start.

I don't see why teams don't throw it every single time against us. I know there's underlying philosophy for as to why you don't, but our DBs really are complete and total trash - bad positioning, terrible at making open-field tackling, never making plays on the ball. Not even our safeties, which were a strength last year, have looked that good so far*.

*At coverage, I should say.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Damn, that sucks for OBJ.  The Giants' season was already over before today, now it's SUPER over.  I hate to see anyone get hurt, even a New York Giant.

Edit:  Seems my Boys had a big lead early and they squandered it all away and are now trailing.  I've seen this movie before.  :banghead:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

:biggrin:

• Like 1

Like I said, I've seen this movie before.  :banghead:

We got some soul searching to do during the bye week.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I am seriously amazed that we pulled this off TWICE @Cowboys, especially when our team is seriously in such freaking shambles this time. Good lord.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

At the time of his retirement, he held most passing records, and was one of the greats of the time up there with Unitas and (just a little later) Tarkenton.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Ben Roethlisberger's decline is kinda reminiscent of Jake Delhomme's.  Granted, Jake Delhomme was never as good as Roethlisberger in his prime, but he was a perfectly competent QB until, suddenly, one day, he just fell off a cliff and there was no turning back, he was just straight garbage after that.

I've seen this in golf too, where a player suddenly loses it and they don't just go from being a top 10 player to still a decent top 100 player, but fall completely off the cliff and can't even make cuts any more.  I think the similarity between golf and NFL QB may be that the mental part is as big a factor as the physical, and once your confidence is shaken and you begin to question your decisions or mechanics, it can spiral out of control very rapidly.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

He hasn't been very good, but he hasn't been truly horrid, either. Three of those five INTs were tipped (two of them not really his fault at all, one only partially), and one of the other two was pretty much just a hail mary at the end of the game. I wouldn't be singing a death knell for him quite yet. He has been talking about retirement for years now, though - if he continues to play poorly, I wouldn't be surprised to see this be his last year.

Edited by Bartimaeus